13 Units? (1 Viewer)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I did 13 units in prelim and it wasn't that bad. It sucks that you have less frees than your mates but if you like the subjects and you don't muck around in class, its fine. I did advanced english (loved it), bio (loved it), chem, physics, 3U maths, SLR (just for funsies), and SOR1 (compul). All I can say is try it out. If somethings not working out, drop it. If its too much, pick your worst/most hated subject and drop it. If your coping fine, stick with it. It all depends on the person. Some people can't do 13 units but others could cope fine with 15. It all depends on you so just try it out and best of luck

qwerty44

HSC
Nah 13 isn't too much as its only prelim. If you find it too much you can drop some units in year 12 but it has been done before and some people do 14 even. 13 for prelim is fine.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I did 13 units in Prelim, then dropped to 10.

It's not too much at all, you have little to worry about =)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
13 units is fine, but if you want to do 12 units without having to drop 1 unit of Ext 1 Mathematics, you can do 1 unit of studies of religion over legal studies.....
I'd stick with 13 units if I were you, I wish I could do 13 units as well but sadly, my current and future school only allows strictly 12 units...

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
My desired Plem subjects (listed in sig) are what I hope to do, however there is 13 units. Is this to much and has anybody done this so they can shed some light on it. If so, I'll drop 1 unit of Maths or Legal.
Just a heads up, you can't drop 1 unit of legal. Either you keep it or drop the whole 2 units.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Please note that people I know don't generally end up dropping their planned subject to drop. Some of their subjects do not end up what they expected it to be. So keep your options open.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I did 14 units. Got 95.

It's called: "time management".

zombies

HSC
Don't worry! I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat, like me. When you're doing one extension like English or Maths, then you're inevitably going to end up with 13 units unless you take SOR1 or some other 1 unit subject. It's fine for yr11, and you could just bludge (well not necessarily bludge, but not putting in your best effort I guess lol) a subject if you're planning on dropping it in year 12.

Pfortune35

HSC
At my school every person in yr 11 has to do atleast 13 units and some kids do 14 so its not likes its never been done.
I'm doing 13 and i'm fine with it and if you feel like dropping a sub drop it

also i think you have to do 12 units for prelim so the only sub you could drop is ext 1 maths

Pfortune35

HSC
At my school every person in yr 11 has to do atleast 13 units and some kids do 14 so its not likes its never been done.
I'm doing 13 and i'm fine with it and if you feel like dropping a sub drop it

also i think you have to do 12 units for prelim so the only sub you could drop is ext 1 maths

enoilgam

HSC
My desired Plem subjects (listed in sig) are what I hope to do, however there is 13 units. Is this to much and has anybody done this so they can shed some light on it. If so, I'll drop 1 unit of Maths or Legal.
Thirteen units is pretty standard for year 11. Some people do 14+. It shouldnt be an issue at all.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Well if you were doing english or maths extension, yes but if you're just taking 2-unit subjects you're going to end up with 12.
Or if you do both extensions you can end up with 12 units like below.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I advocate 13 or 14 units for prelim. Gives you a wider base to narrow down on in Yr 12. Some subjects won't be what you expect them to be.

At my school 13 units was over a full timetable, it was no frees and two early morning starts. But that's because we lamely still have to do sport for yr 11. (Super prejudice because Maths Extension kids had their class in sport time, where other offliners still had to do sport). I think it's really cool how some of you guys have schools that let you fit 14 units into the normal timetable, even trying more in prelim if you like!

But point is with no frees, and additional classes I managed absolutely fine and it wasn't stressful like I think you're envisaging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)