13 Units? (1 Viewer)

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
I did 13 units, got 96.80.

I did cheat though - 3 units of maths completed 2010, so I had 13 units in my real prelim and only 10 for the actual HSC.

twoey

HSC
I did 14 units (EE2, MX2, Legal, Ancient & Modern), got 97.25. Do what you feel comfortable with in terms of workload and in terms of ATAR goal (especially in Yr 12). Personally, I'd do as much as you can in Yr 11.

taylab

HSC
I did 14 in prelims and it was fine. You just have to remember to keep organised and know whats happening with what subject when. But go with what is good for YOU. If you are struggling to much- drop something, but i would suggest keeping at least 12 units into HSC so you have OPTIONS for subjects in Year 12.
I would also definitely recommend you dropping back in HSC year to 11-maybe 12 units so you can better focus your subjects (while still having a life!) :)

michaeljennings

HSC
Please note that people I know don't generally end up dropping their planned subject to drop. Some of their subjects do not end up what they expected it to be. So keep your options open.
+1 I always planned to drop PDHPE and keep physics but in the end it was the other way around. Although i didnt drop physics I didnt study for any exams and left my HSC exam after about an hour and 15 mins cos I didnt care about it

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^+2 to that. I can't even remember what subject I was going to drop first really originally...I'd hazard to say it was maths (don't bash me guys lol) but that was extremely fleeting, then it was bio (unthinkable now) also extremely fleeting, then modern (teacher+class ergh) before settling on eco for the rest/majority of prelim. Prior to this, I was all like Eco's gonna be my best subject, never gonna drop it etc. I choose it over French so I'm going to keep it.

For the start of HSC, I felt so bad for going to drop eco, new teacher was so good but I was all determined to not be swayed by what teachers I had for each. Long story short, decided to drop it because I wanted to try Ext Eng 2 (Liked to do it) and His Ext (some interest, but mainly because it was thought I'd be really good at it). Dropped eco from bad prelim experience of being dry and it was my worst non needed sub (math and chem pre req).Then dropped His Ext because I found it tiresome and draining being late in afternoon. Also didn't like how the project was internal assessment only, esp when you could actually do a great project, but your cohort not so well on the test BAM internal mark killed also.

aLLsTARz

HSC
i did all your subjects except wihtout legal studies and added 4u maths except i dropped eco in the later stages of yr12 couldnt cope with the time required and ended up 10 units. Its doable and i suggest if you can to keep on doing eco/etc in case as a backup.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard that they are overrated.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions. I think I'll do 13 in Y11 and 11 or 12 in Y12.
I did 13 in year 11 and I'm doing 12 in year 12 and its all working out without a problem, but just see how everything works out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)