16 Year olds doing the HSC (1 Viewer)

SinFul

HSC
I was accelerated as well, ill finish my HSC while im still 16. But ive stuffed up alot of my assessments. I still hope i can get 90+...

lala2

Banned
HSC
At uni, there are so many age gaps it's really interesting to see how we younger 16 year olds will turn out. I'm turning 17 in May this year, doing first year USYD Pharmacy, and I've made friends with a woman who's married (no kids yet) and has already done a Bachelor of Pharmacy in China! Ah, life at uni's interesting.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Candi4u said:
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else was doing their HSC at the age of 16. I will be turning 16 in Febuary this year, and completing my HSC, so i dont turn 17 until i start university basically.

Is there anyone else out there like me?
I did mine when I was 14, but had to resit my final year (12) and the HSC again because it made entry into uni easier this year (like, there was no way I was going to go to uni at 15, is full of enough childish people already).

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Candi4u said:
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else was doing their HSC at the age of 16. I will be turning 16 in Febuary this year, and completing my HSC, so i dont turn 17 until i start university basically.

the dux of my school in the year above me was 2 years younger than his grade, and he duxed the school every year. Not only that, he got 100UAI, and topped the state in Music 2!!!

s2indie

HSC
I'll be doing my HSC at 17 years.
My friends turn 18 during the HSC exam period, that's pretty crappy.

samhelt

HSC
its defently kinda strange that your so young, and very rare to find someone in the same vote. My sister and myself have a mutual friend she has just turned 18 but compleated her hsc in 2004 with my sister. so she was 16 sitting the exams. she started school young and was an exelerated student.
you must be very smart to be doing your HSC so early, but congrates
study hard and youll be fine
good luck
Candi4u said:
Hey,

Dragie

HSC
shinji said:
im turning 17 in may. (god i feel so old).

ahh.. the beauty of being younger than every1 else in the school and kicking most of their asses in tests. ^_^

Oh my lordy - im turnin 17 in may...haha just found that amusing

HSC
I'll be turning 16 in May this year. Therefore, be doing my HSC when i'm 17. I have a friend who will be doing his when he is 16. He is gay.

Haha. 18 year olds doing their HSC. Darn your extra childhood.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
I did my HSC at 16. Guess the UAI speaks for itself; there's really nothing particularly special about it. In fact, I'd recommend people who are accelerated TO GET BACK IN YOUR YEAR. That way you don't have to combine being an academic pariah with a social one; and talk about avoiding the complications of avoiding a fake ID :p

Candi4u

HSC
I am starting to regret being years above now. I'm wanting to do university in Wagga, since thats really the only place they do my course and there is one big set back. I wont have my P's when i start uni:'(

I have to stay at campus and deal with public transport, and whats worse, i will have a horse to take places for competitions, and i also have to supply food for the horse during the course. Since i have to have my horse with me.

I have no idea how i am going to do it. Silly question but: are P platers allowed to tow a float?

Thanks

broady

w3rd
HSC
Yeah, I'm 16 atm, and 17 in August. Was accelerated in year 3.

I don't find myself socially challenged, not really mentally anguished, but definitely challenged (I go to a selective school).

It's just annoying that everyone has their Ps, and will be 18 during schoolies!

fireice

HSC
wow im doing my HSC this year and im turning 18........like i think right before my school trials.....arghh such a bad time to have a birthday then

but hearing the feats of much younger kids doing their hsc is quite amazing really, however i might just say there might be downsides to it

has anyone ever talked to older cousins or been part of a conversation full of parents reflecting on their past?

they all always seem to mention that high school was the best time of their lives and they always advise me to use that time wisely, not only for study but to enjoy life as it is becuase the world after high school is completely different.

up till now i would have to say high school is the best time of my life, besides for the exams, stress, and long study hours, high schools is probably one of the only times where you will be able to hang out with all your friends in one place, whether its just playing bball or soccer or just chatting in free periods. that fact that we are able to see them on a daily basis is another good thing. my sister who is now 22 only gets to see some of her high school friends at uni due to course selections etc...some friendships jsut drift further and further away when you dont get to talk that much after high school

thus i must say that accelerating may get you into uni faster and save some time in high school, not accelerating gives you more time to enjoy high school life which i would have to say will never go to waste

(proabaly unrelated to the topic but i think it would be good to voice my opinion)

Scorch

HSC
I'm 13 doing year 12. I got accelerated when I was in year 2, to year 6. I'm doing pathways though, 8 units this year, 7 the next. Mainly cos the school thinks I'll have a better chance at uni when I'm 14 then 13.

This year I'm doing 4 Unit English, 2 Unit Maths and Business Studies. Next year Ancienty History, Modern History, Legal Studies and History Extension.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Scorch said:
I'm 13 doing year 12. I got accelerated when I was in year 2, to year 6. I'm doing pathways though, 8 units this year, 7 the next. Mainly cos the school thinks I'll have a better chance at uni when I'm 14 then 13.

This year I'm doing 4 Unit English, 2 Unit Maths and Business Studies. Next year Ancienty History, Modern History, Legal Studies and History Extension.
What school do you go to?

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I did the HSC when I was 16. Skipped year 10.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
LottoX said:
Oh really? You can go on without a school certificate? I didn't know that.

Yeah, under special circumstances - it's often left up to the schools discretion.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i know people who did units when they were 15? hmm the 13 year old beats them all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)