1st day of uni... (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Man, that sucks! I gather it was an intentional thing. It's just so very immature. If it wasn't, I hope everyone and everything is ok.

Do you mind me asking which on campus college or accommodation this happened at?
UNSW Village. Not sure why it went off, although it wasn't deliberately set off nor a fire. Someone probably burnt something they were cooking or something.

Had a 9am lecture lol.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
LOL! You guys get over the hot chicks in a while.

Anywyas, also - you'll probably be experiencing alot of fire alarm drills during your lectures as well - so it'll be a 'mini' break for you.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
"I will not hesitate to take you to court."

-stealing thermodynamics notes is srs business

"I will call security to take your phone away and I will not give it back ever."

-mechanics of solids 2 lecturer taking skewl 2 da nxt lvl after a phone goes off.

First day was good, lol at the ENGG1811 lecturer when the students from the previous lecture wouldn't leave.
"they deserve to be shot"

Engg1811 - Yeah the whole slide rule/circular slide rule thing was annoying lol.

Engg1000 - Was okay. Lol at how the uni is going to patent some motor a group of students built last year.

Math1131 - Was okay. Blennerhasset seemed very sarcastic.

Maple math lecture - Not much point. He spent the first 10 minutes on Maple. The rest of the time on Linux/the math website.
blennerhasettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

You had all that today? Wow...pretty full on for your first day.

BTW, for MATH1131, do we need to buy the course notes AND the textbook? What did you lecturer say?
buy the textbook from me if you really have too much time on your hands.
otherwise just get the course notes, absolute essential, like a razor on a shaver.

there was a hot wog chick in my thermo lecture today, i was like "wat"
wat

ive noticed that to distinguish first years...all you do is look at whos overdressed

hahaha the girls come in full makeup n shit, so lolz
hahaha fuck yeah

i reckon, in engg1000 people were coughing at least every 2 seconds.
The density of spit particles are more or less the same as water at approximately 1000 kg/m3. Air density at sea level and 20oC is 1.22 kg/m3. You are at greater risk of being exposed to falling/airborne spit particles at lower seating positions.

engg1000: got annoyed at the international students chattering away in their language while they were explaining the different projects. Couldn;t they wait til after to decide what they all wanted to do?

Bookshop was pretty scary today. Only bought course notes today but still broke my back lugging them home.
weights. more beef.

Don't you mean under-dressed?

And many girls don't realise that big necked tops= can see your cleavage from higher lecture theatre seats.
<3 science theatre :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i only went to like maths + econ lecture. maths lecture was a complete sausagefest and econ lecture was simply wtf since i was sitting at the far back >.> hence no hot women.

witnessed some significant improvement today tho

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Just discovered there is no places on university grounds that sell smokes. wttttfff. The petrol station is so expensive.

oly1991

HSC
i only went to like maths + econ lecture. maths lecture was a complete sausagefest and econ lecture was simply wtf since i was sitting at the far back >.> hence no hot women.
lol were u in the econ lectures around 12pm-2pm? coz i saw plenty of decent looking ladies there man haha

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol were u in the econ lectures around 12pm-2pm? coz i saw plenty of decent looking ladies there man haha
nah. i wasn't. i saw lots of international students tho. they were speaking chinese to me, wtf

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I was in the ACCT1501 lecture. The guy who answered the lecturer's question on which textbook(s) to buy, and got a bookmark for it :). Aplus (Victor) saw me haha. WIN!

And first day was okay :). Met a few people from different areas and backgrounds. Mcdonalds for lunch the first day (I saw the Indian lady mentioned on BOS who takes her sweet ass time :D), checked out the tennis courts, went to the library, then had a BORING FINS1613 lecture from 6pm-8pm (waste of time). Kinda got lost in the city after that (needed to trek it from town hall station back home). Other than that, awesome experience.

Last edited:

oly1991

HSC
I was in the ACCT1501 lecture. The guy who answered the lecturer's question on which textbook(s) to buy, and got a bookmark for it :). Aplus (Victor) saw me haha.

And first day was okay :). Met a few people from different areas and backgrounds. Mcdonalds for lunch the first day (I saw the Indian lady mentioned on BOS who takes her sweet ass time :D), checked out the tennis courts, went to the library, then had a BORING FINS1613 lecture from 6pm-8pm (waste of time). Kinda got lost in the city after that (needed to trek it from town station back home). Other than that, awesome experience.
haha i think i may of been in that lecture. damn, i wanted a bookmark lol

sounds like a sweet day

lol. stands there playing a violin.
haha yeah the violin may arouse a few international students. so yeah, get in there with ur violin lyounamu and get tuning haha :p

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
2nd day of uni... had 2 maths lecturers. one for calculus and one for algebra. calculus one was definitely better. other guy was a tad on the boring side.

physics, the lecturer is a crack pot and made us all laugh a lot. most enjoyable physics i have had in a while.
+1

Physics lecturer is a legend and the Algebra made me fall asleep.

henry08

HSC
N/A
2nd day of uni... had 2 maths lecturers. one for calculus and one for algebra. calculus one was definitely better. other guy was a tad on the boring side.

physics, the lecturer is a crack pot and made us all laugh a lot. most enjoyable physics i have had in a while.
I liked the algebra guy better myself.

The physics lecturer seemed very enthused/lots of energy for his age.

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
+1

Physics lecturer is a legend and the Algebra made me fall asleep.
So I'm guessing I didn't miss much cause I came in an hour late for math1131? Had Angell for bridging course and thought he was boring, but he seems to have improved.

So how many ppl have the accounting lecture from 1pm - 3pm? In the physics theatre? Hope u enjoyed it. (there was once chick who looked like she was being sent to death)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Today was my first day.
I had two lectures.
My Dad thought it would be nice to drive me to uni even though normally it would take about an hour and half. Luck wasn't on my side today and it took 2.5 hours to get in and as a result I was half an hour late to my first lecture :(
The first lecture was pretty boring anyway, but I still took heaps of notes. It was hard to grasp the context and relevance of what he was talking about because I was late.

I had a three hour break before my second lecture which I enjoyed so so so much. The lecturer (Russel Lowe) seems really funny and genuine and I reckon it'll be my favourite subject. I love that a mandatory assessment is creating and maintaining a blog XD I also get to do sketches on my iPhone! Woo!

Averaging out everything, I'd say my first day was a little better than average =]

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Today was my first day off.

Didnt do much, scanned some pics of textbook questions for a friend, downloaded disc 2 of proengineer, will do disc 1 tomorrow since it was taking too long (and some albums, and a movie), downloaded course resources/info, post on course discussion board, bos, facebook, msn.
now im capped until midnight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)