1st year court report (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
how much detail do i write about the case? some of them are so long ...and sometimes i go in halfway so i don't even know what people are getting charged for. is this normal or am i just stupid and i should question my legitimacy of being a law student.?.... --
rather than writing about the case, this court report is more aimed at what you observed in terms of how the court system operates e.g. court etiquette, presentation, witness attitude etc. The cases are more for you reference i.e. to give exanples for e.g. It was observed that discretion plays an important role during sentencing. This can be observed when we compare the matters of R v _______ and R v _______. In the matter of R v _______, the magistrate (assuming local court if not then it should be judge) awarded the defendant with 100 hours of community service as opposed to the maximum sentence of 1 year gaol. In contrast, the magistrate in R v __________, awarded the defndant the maximum sentence of 1 year of gaol for the same offence. Despite the discretion given to judges, they must still stay within a sentencing guideline. *footnote - reference to course material Prue Vines _________.

Something along those lines but you obviously have to phrase it better, expand on that and then give a judgement or opinion to show that you are critically analysing your court observations.

acemusic415

HSC
My lecturer said it was a "sociological and anthropological analysis" on your observations. She says it's not suppose to be difficult.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
now that's fun! Dont worry as you will get to do another case note when you do Property! Yipee!

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Nothing could be easier than a case note. Research essay is da shitz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)