2005 HSC Art Major works (1 Viewer)

dany_starlet

HSC
I finished yesterday yay! ITS OVERRRRRRR !!!

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I'm having trouble finding cardboard big enough for my drawings.. the art store I went to said I'd have more luck if I ordered it from the company. Superb. Anyway, what is straw board or foam core board? And will I find them in the 80x60cm size?

I have ink and coffee and glue all over my drawings.. so they're all crinkly dammit, I couldn't get them stuck on flat with the double sided tape.

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
I AM FINALLY FINISHED!
i cant decide if i am happy with it or not. it doesnt even have a title...

The board - you may have to cut to that size, because i had trouble trying to find black board to mount my photographs. i ended up buying three big sheets - 2 regular and one oversize. I just had to cut them to size.

Thank god its over = thats all i can say!!!

hip hip horay!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
im done but theyre crap so theres no way im posting pics, especially after seeing everyone elses.

penciltron

HSC
thanks guys for the kind words!

wow penciltron! are they of anyone in particular? a friend, yourself, or jsut an image that popped into your head?

id love to also know the concept behind this. does it symbolise anything in particular? i relaly love getting down to why people made certain artworks.
but i dont expect an essay
yeah self portraits
i just wanted to create artworks that would stem from something personal instead of like something i make up or watever. because i draw everyday all the time like i wanted to make an artwork that explores psychological aspects of that, and i also didnt want to make the standard portraits u normally see i wanted to change the reality of it if u know wat i mean?

hope that explains it, its kind of hard to since they were spontaneous

I also want a bigger scale copy of the work I quoted earlier. I can't help think that there's a lot of detail lost in the small image.
umm sorry if this link here is too small-
http://www.renderosity.com/photos/ArtistArticle12491.jpg
but thats all i got :) ull have to see it in person if u want any more detail, heh ;)

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
rightie said:
The board - you may have to cut to that size, because i had trouble trying to find black board to mount my photographs. i ended up buying three big sheets - 2 regular and one oversize. I just had to cut them to size.
No, I meant that I can't find boards BIG enough.. because my drawings are pretty big. Don't know if I can be bothered because I have 4 drawings, and the boards are like $18 each.. and I've spent $30 on cardboard already.

I don't have any pictures of my work.. was too busy finishing them to think of taking photos. What titles did everyone choose?

get_born

These are my artworks. I still have another two panels, but i used a video camera for them, and dont know how to make the kb for videos smaller. Anyways, the large rectangular canvases are about as big as a door. The bus sits in between and the focal point at the back joins the roads in the two rectangular canvases. Its confusing - the suitcase sits in front. Notice: the Elvis record in the suitcase. hehe :)

get_born

Suki said:
Hello^^
I;ve been viewing all the great works in this forum!! they all look great!
Well i would like to post my finished bow
http://spaces.msn.com/members/suki1114/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1p0ECv9lCgYAjzK17xVUfY3w!1052&_c=PhotoAlbum

please click on the link above..its linked to my blog..^^;;
your link doesnt work.

chamelia

HSC
The whole BOW is portriats of musicians..I kinda made that theme apparent thru the image of the microphone on two of the prints..the musical notes (kinda blended inot the backgorund of another print) and the use of those vertical lines throughout (like musical staff lines)

get_born

chamelia said:
The whole BOW is portriats of musicians..I kinda made that theme apparent thru the image of the microphone on two of the prints..the musical notes (kinda blended inot the backgorund of another print) and the use of those vertical lines throughout (like musical staff lines)
Your theme is more obvious now, because you've added the other images. You have a bit of a Roy Lichtenstein style going on.

chamelia

HSC
Yep they def do have a pop art infleunce..especially the paitnings, big block like bits of bold colour and the use of celebrity imagey then the repition of imageyr in the prints...yerp :)

EDIT: If anyone has title suggestions theyre welcome cos im stuck! Ive helped name other people work in my class but cant do my own.

Last edited:

get_born

chamelia said:
Yep they def do have a pop art infleunce..especially the paitnings, big block like bits of bold colour and the use of celebrity imagey then the repition of imageyr in the prints...yerp :)

EDIT: If anyone has title suggestions theyre welcome cos im stuck! Ive helped name other people work in my class but cant do my own.
"The sound of music"

"The art of musicians"

Dunno? What were you going for?

chamelia

HSC
to be honest im really blank on ideas but i had imagined the title would be subtle..but still had connections to music..hmmm or pehaps sumthing to emphasise the music as a representation of lyric, harmony..etc

get_born

chamelia said:
to be honest im really blank on ideas but i had imagined the title would be subtle..but still had connections to music..hmmm or pehaps sumthing to emphasise the music as a representation of lyric, harmony..etc
i have one!!!!!!!

"Mutual masks of music"

what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)