2005 HSC Exam Timetable - what do u think? (1 Viewer)

surbhisethi

well...lyk every1 else i start on 17th but i have legal studies exam on the very next day of english paper 2 ..dat sucks ...i srsly need time 2 revise all the course b4 the exam..

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
monday 17/10: 2U eng area of study
thursday 20/10: 2U eng modules

monday 24/10: 2U maths

monday 31/10: ee1

tuesday 01/11: ancient history

friday 04/11: extension history

thursday 10/11: visual arts

ahh shux. i guess i'm happy with my timetabling, it's spaced out pretty well. but extension history finishes kinda late?! it finishes at 4pm!? double you tea eff mate ^^

Kute_Princess

HSC
my timetable aint too bad :) and im happi (except for drama being on the last day!) but what can ya do guys! cant change it now! just be happy with it - its less stress to be happy!!
good luck guys!

HSC
miss_gtr said:
yeah i think its a thing called study..

can we fit this thing 'study' into this :) ? any such thing as speed study? im happy with it, but would mind a day before legal, as everyone would. anyone got any ideas on the italian exam?

17/10 Eng
18/10 CFS
19/10 no exam
20/10 Eng
21/10 Legal Studies/ SOR1
24/10 Maths
25/10 Italian Continuers

whitie

HSC
Pretty fair timetable

I reckon i got a good deal with my time tables i average 2 exams a week and at least a day between exams and i get off a week earlier than last exam. Only thing im not happy about is my modern and ancient close because its a shit load of study for both of them.

Monday 17th October-English
Thursday 20th October-English p.2
Monday 24th October- Maths
Friday 28th October- Biology
Tuesday 1st November- Ancient History
Thursday 3rd November- Modern History

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
A good idea is to refresh now straight after half yearlies, cause that's basically half of the year's work right there, and u can use that for the trials + ur capAs. Then when it comes to the HSC u have ur trials and ur capAs + ur half yearlies to use for study. Main thing is organisation. Organise ur notes, man i should be studying... half yearlies are now!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
*n.a.t.a.l.i.e* said:
can we fit this thing 'study' into this :) ? any such thing as speed study? im happy with it, but would mind a day before legal, as everyone would. anyone got any ideas on the italian exam?

17/10 Eng
18/10 CFS
19/10 no exam
20/10 Eng
21/10 Legal Studies/ SOR1
24/10 Maths
25/10 Italian Continuers
Man and i thought mine was bad, at least ur big subjects are not in the arvo

know_it_all

17/10--> Adv paper 1
20/10-->Adv paper 2
21/10--> SOR
24/10-->maths
31/10-->ee1
3/11-->modern
4/11-->hist ext
11/11--> econ

i gues i cant complain cos i have no double ups n i do have like a week in btwn the last two...but that means i cant start partyin til afta the very last day...econ argh

y are modern n hist ext so close 2getha!

but i gues no major complains here

my trials timetable is soo bad but
ive got econ and SOR on the same day
AND
hist ext and ee1 on the same day--> how stupid is that to put those 2 on the same day

but i feel for all you guys with double ups n really close blocks..!

HSC
miss_gtr said:
lol well u see, after this term im going to start writing my notes for the trial..cuz i have trials on the 3rd week of term 3 so yeah........in the first 2 weeks of school im going to keep adding and keep studying my stuff and then after the trials im going to keep adding notes all the way till graduation! then i think i have like 2 weeks off so im going to write more notes and study during that time right up until the hsc.....then during the hsc i'll still be studying! so HOPEFULLY i will have a grasp on my subjects. i recently bought jacaranda cards for a few of my subjects and they are the cards with the basics of your topics on them so ive been reading them EVERYWHERE in between breaks of telly, when im snacking, at the bustop, on the bustop so it helps me keep my mind fresh on the the topics i first done waay back at the end of year 11/beginning of year 12.........so try and remember all your early stuff now and refresh the new stuff as it comes!! lo so now all i gotta do is STUDY STUDY STUDY! sound like an ok plan??
that sounds awesome, thats gonna help me a lot cos im always unsure about how to study and whether its enough, i think i will be doing the same thing now. i have the motivation to study, i just need to vary my study techniques. are those cards any good? i think i shall invest in some of those.....by the way before the trials do we get much work, or is it just revision without assessments and assignments?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
17/10--> Adv paper 1
20/10-->Adv paper 2
21/10--> SOR
24/10-->maths
31/10-->ee1
3/11-->modern
4/11-->hist ext
11/11--> econ

i gues i cant complain cos i have no double ups n i do have like a week in btwn the last two...but that means i cant start partyin til afta the very last day...econ argh

y are modern n hist ext so close 2getha!

but i gues no major complains here

my trials timetable is soo bad but
ive got econ and SOR on the same day
AND
hist ext and ee1 on the same day--> how stupid is that to put those 2 on the same day

but i feel for all you guys with double ups n really close blocks..!
Thanks, yeah it is annoying when u have exams one after another, and a lot of ppl will find themselves starting to party when mostof their firends still have exams (yes me!).

17/10 AOS
19/10 French
20/10 Enslish Paper 2
24/10 Maths 4u
27/10 Maths 3u
1/11 Ancient History
2/11 Chemistry

And that's me, finish in the 3rd week, i guess its alright, French is easy and Ancient History doesnt count towards my HSC, so the double ups arent that heavy. But having both English papers in the same week? (has this always been the case?)
Week 1 - 3 exams
Week 2 - 2 exams
Week 3 - 2 exams

At least no doubles on the same day and no arvo exams at all
I feel really sorry for those u have one after another on the same day and those who like finish in two weeks, think about it, those who have eco or drama should be well prepared or will concentrate on other subjects and forget about eco or drama...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
LaCe said:
Starts on Monday 17th of October with English Area of Study.
A lot of people have a good timetable in terms of the spread of their exams. I finish all my exams in 3 weeks and u could say they are a little bunched up. I got 3 exams in the first week, 2 in the next and 2 in the following week (2days in a row). I guess I cant complain, all of them are in the morning so that's good.
How does your timetable look?
very similar 2 mine, i have 3 in the 1s1 week (english paper 1 &2 +SOR) then 2 in week 2 (maths Ex1 + Ex2) then in ther 3rd week i have 2 (Phy + chem) i believe they are actually spread out no bunched up :D

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
JamiL said:
very similar 2 mine, i have 3 in the 1s1 week (english paper 1 &2 +SOR) then 2 in week 2 (maths Ex1 + Ex2) then in ther 3rd week i have 2 (Phy + chem) i believe they are actually spread out no bunched up :D
Spread out you think? Yeah it could be worse... byt saying that some of my friends do eco and they have exams spread out across the 4 weeks. Everyone going to start partying straight after exams?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
knobblett said:
Haha, looks like a good timetable for most, but can you beat this :D

17/10 - Eng Adv 1
19/10 - French Continuers
20/10 - Eng Adv 2
24/10 - Mathematics
25/10 - German Continuers
26/10 - French Extension
31/10 - English Extension 1
1/11 - German Extension.

My Languages go: English, French, English, German, French, English, German!! AHHH!!
Dammit!
Wow u have a good combo with ur subjects, English 3, French 3, German 3, and 2u Maths

But the french and german continuers shouldn't be all that hard looking back on past papers, and since ur doing extension in both, u mist oviously be good at them. But i do feel for u with the german and french extension exams in the arvos.
When r the speaking exams? And listening? I heard they were held at some ridiculous time like early september, is this true?

fakingtheday

HSC
Well guys i'm afraid i win over you all. Check this out, 5 exams in 3 days and one exam monday of second week. And i am finished.

17/10 - AOS
18/10 - Geography, Engineering
19/10 - NOTHING
20/10 - English Advanced Modules, Design and Technology
21/10 - NOTHING
WEEKEND
24/10 - General Math

wee. no one could finish before me i don't think.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Joe's HSC timetable

HSC Exam Time Table

Exam 1 - Monday October 17th
English - Paper 1 - Area of Study -
Morning examination - 9.20am to 11.30am

Exam 2 – Thursday October 20th
English Advanced - Paper 2 Modules –
Morning examination - 9.25am to 11.30am

Exams 3 and 4 Legal Studies – Friday October 21
Morning examination-9.25am to 12.30pm

Afternoon examination-Studies of Religion I
1.55pm to 3.30pm

Exam 5-Monday October 24
Mathematics –
Morning examination – 9.25am to 12.30pm

Exam 6– Friday October 28th
Tuesday 1 November-Information Processes and
Technology
Afternoon examination

1.55pm to 5.00pm

Exam 7 – Wednesday November 9th
Business Studies –
Morning examination - 9.25am to 12.30am

i reckon it really sucks with how english paper 2 and legal/sor1 the next day and 2 unit maths after that!

Last edited:

mcs

HSC
I am kinda happy but not really- 4 big exams in 3 days are going to decide how well I do:

English Paper 1 17/10
English Paper 2 20/10
Maths 24/10
Maths Ext 1 27/10

So far so good but then
Chemistry 2/11
Modern History 3/11
Physics 4/11
Ext History 4/11

Not too bad I spose but bludy hell those 3 days are going to be damn tough! Ext History and Modern will not be too bad but sticking Chem and Physics in at the same time aint going to make it easy at all!

jam_on_toast

Quietly insane
HSC
fakingtheday said:
Well guys i'm afraid i win over you all. Check this out, 5 exams in 3 days and one exam monday of second week. And i am finished.

17/10 - AOS
18/10 - Geography, Engineering
19/10 - NOTHING
20/10 - English Advanced Modules, Design and Technology
21/10 - NOTHING
WEEKEND
24/10 - General Math

wee. no one could finish before me i don't think.

heres mine:
17/10 - AOS & information technology
18/10 - nothing
19/10 - nothing
20/10 - english adv paper two & design and technology
21/10 - legal studies
24/10 - general maths

so we finish on the same day
im so freaking out, why cant they be more spread out????
is this the definite copy or will they change it in the future?

Lennie

Im totally happy with mine :D i have at least 2-4 days between exams and finsh on the 3rd :)

17; eng adv
20; eng adv
24; maths 2u
28; bio
31; eng ext 1
3; modern hist.

fakingtheday

HSC
jam_on_toast said:
heres mine:
17/10 - AOS & information technology
18/10 - nothing
19/10 - nothing
20/10 - english adv paper two & design and technology
21/10 - legal studies
24/10 - general maths

so we finish on the same day
im so freaking out, why cant they be more spread out????
is this the definite copy or will they change it in the future?
Take a chill pill dude, you'll be fine. Just be prepared early, StuVac will be really important for you and i in particular. I like it like this, and so i hope it doesn't change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)