2005 IPT Trial Paper Discussion (1 Viewer)

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Please do NOT break the security period for exams

NO specific discussion (questions/answers) of Trial Exams, CSSA or Independent, until near end August

Ta

mun_

HSC
i dont know which one i did, it was at bradfield
but it was moderate, the people who did the cssa said it was very easy so hmm i doubt i did the CSSA

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Murf
Only if the data has been verified, checked that its accurate, timely and relevant. But, since we all are all filled with integrity, any breech in copyright would surely be outweighed by a concern in the piracy that was required to intrude on your privacy. Lets all hope people manage an approriate use of the Internet and allow for some equity.

:rolleyes:

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
k3tan said:
i believe we're allowed to talk about CSSA paper. the security period is over for CSSA. Independant may not be, but CSSA paper is over. We can discuss it as much as we like.

http://www.cssa.com.au/FAQ/FAQ.htm
read

it's actually a condition upon payment that the trial will be on the specific date, so it's the schools fault for not doing so. as of now we are free to talk about ANY of the cssa papers that have been completed.

BUT as we have seen in this forum not everyone DID do the CSSA paper on the same day... so can you contain yourself from discussing specifics til Monday 15th ?? just to be fair ???
surely you have other exams you need to STUDY
Independent papers arent so strictly timetabled their security period would be til end of month

and in case any of you missed it .. one school's English exam 2nd part was cancelled 20 minutes into the exam because another school leaked the questions.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
hmm i still think we shouldn't talk about it... i've done it today but i think some schools might not have... and we don't want ppl to gain an advantage...

HSC
Huratio said:
hmm i still think we shouldn't talk about it... i've done it today but i think some schools might not have... and we don't want ppl to gain an advantage...

YES we don't want others to gain an advantage. ok then, deal. no talk.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I dont know why students arent allowed to "discuss" their exams, after all this is a hsc forum, devoted to hsc and related topics. I recall that CSSA trials have a scheduled timetable, ie. all CSSA exams are done at the same time to mirror that of the HSC timetable, but obviously in a shorter period. After the exam, the papers are worth no value-even if other "public" schools use them. Even if there is a "security holding period" then i dont know why it should stop students from discussing the exam.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
YES we do in't want others to gain an advantage. ok then, deal. no talk.
Why are you so scared about people from other schools knowing about the exam? Right now, you're competing for ranks in your school, not in the state-thats what the hsc is for.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
kimmeh said:
Why are you so scared about people from other schools knowing about the exam? Right now, you're competing for ranks in your school, not in the state-thats what the hsc is for.
but isn't 50% of you assessment marks worth what you get in your hsc mark...

and people should be working on even ground in exams...

Trev

stix
HSC
In that case Kimmeh....
I advise everyone sitting the independant paper to at least go in knowing the definition of a TPS! :rolleyes:
Flicking through the textbook that morning doesn't constitute as enough study, i'm afraid :(

rama_v

HSC
Trev said:
In that case Kimmeh....
I advise everyone sitting the independant paper to at least go in knowing the definition of a TPS! :rolleyes:
Flicking through the textbook that morning doesn't constitute as enough study, i'm afraid :(
Was the independent paper really hard or something? or was it just about non-sensical stuff (like 'write a job description' etc.) instead of like "describe ways of backing up data?"

Trev

stix
HSC
rama_v said:
Was the independent paper really hard or something? or was it just about non-sensical stuff (like 'write a job description' etc.) instead of like "describe ways of backing up data?"
Not really hard, I just knew nothing :p

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
Kimmeh
So if 3 people in your class saw the exam paper before the exam and the rest of your class didnt ... you wouldnt care ???

like people who would have normally ranked behind you ??

Trev
am intrigued .. we havent even had the independent papers delivered to our school (very frustrating for me as a teacher) ... yet you have sat the exam ??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If the period is over, there's not much you can do apart from keep all discussion to one place and hope your students are ethical. Even without this forum, im sure there are other ways to gain access to them, so it's quite unfair to bestow such a limit on others when the rules state otherwise.

Additionally, calling the thread "discussion" is a sure fire way to bring people into a thread.

Do_It

Alli Kats Bitch
HSC
CSSA Trial was piss easy.

As for discussing parts of the test, I'd rather not delve into the "Social and ethical issues" associated with this paper and it's leakage into the *media* :cool: .

GO I AND ME ENGRISH

Bangs head against desk

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
You are right .. this is an open forum
and you are free to discuss what you wish
in most cases without moderation

I just made a simple request with what I thought was valid reasoning

:(

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Huratio said:
but isn't 50% of you assessment marks worth what you get in your hsc mark...

and people should be working on even ground in exams...
Yes and no but mainly no. Your school assesment mark will be aligned to your HSC mark and how well you do compared to the rest of the state. Go here for an explanation: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=6642
Trev said:
In that case Kimmeh....
i can guaruntee you that no one walks into an exam without studying and results in good marks. Dont beleive people who say "i didnt study" and got good marks. Apperently its "uncool" to say you've studied hard for your marks
Lwaxana said:
Kimmeh
So if 3 people in your class saw the exam paper before the exam and the rest of your class didnt ... you wouldnt care ???

like people who would have normally ranked behind you ??
You havent thought about what you gain from doing this have you? The three people who saw the exam paper dont benefit in any way because they wont be able to do that for the HSC, after all, the trials are supposed to mirror the hsc, right? So even if they were in lower ranks than me and from the trials over took me, then i can STILL get better than them in my final HSC result. Also, if i was a teacher, i'd make it my responsibility to not buy papers, but to be actually committed to my work and ensuring my students would do well by writing the exams, especially if the half of the time the bought papers are filled with errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)