2005 IPT Trial Paper Discussion (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Lwaxana said:
You are right .. this is an open forum
and you are free to discuss what you wish
in most cases without moderation

I just made a simple request with what I thought was valid reasoning

:(
Don't think too much of it, but like i stated, if they are keen to cheat, i dont think discussion on this forum would stop them, particularly in this digital age.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
You havent thought about what you gain from doing this have you? The three people who saw the exam paper dont benefit in any way because they wont be able to do that for the HSC, after all, the trials are supposed to mirror the hsc, right? So even if they were in lower ranks than me and from the trials over took me, then i can STILL get better than them in my final HSC result. Also, if i was a teacher, i'd make it my responsibility to not buy papers, but to be actually committed to my work and ensuring my students would do well by writing the exams, especially if the half of the time the bought papers are filled with errors.
:))
There are sound educational reasons why we buy them and not write them ourselves - least of which being that, as u say, they are supposed to be a reflection of the HSC and you cant teach Year 12 and be involved with writing the questions for that year's HSC paper. So buying these papers, errors and all, allows students to have full HSC experience.

"i can STILL get better than them in my final HSC result " <<< depends on how many of them end up being ranked ahead of you

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Lwaxana said:
There are sound educational reasons why we buy them and not write them ourselves - least of which being that, as u say, they are supposed to be a reflection of the HSC and you cant teach Year 12 and be involved with writing the questions for that year's HSC paper.
I am sure that after how many years of teaching, that you can write your own exam papers. HSC is only about the syllabus. After only doing the hsc, i am sure i can whip an exam up for any student. But you've answered something thats totally irrelevant to my query: what is wrong with discussing an exam paper that has no value or importance?

Regarding writing hsc papers and teaching: you're writing a trial paper, not a HSC paper. I understand and know that those who write the actual hsc exam are not allowed to teach. I dont understand why my english teachers had to "buy" their exams, even my science teachers. My maths teachers managed to write the trials, and we all did well in the end. Even when i talked to my friends about their trials (who did other subjects) felt that there was no need to "buy" a paper and anyone can make up a set of questions, so as long as theyre with the syllabus.
Lwaxana said:
buying these papers, errors and all, allows students to have full HSC experience.
A full hsc experience? I think not. You're complaining at the fact that students shouldnt "discuss" the CSSA paper incase it "leaks" to other schools, shouldnt your faculty thought about this before? So if they have access to a bought paper which has been released earlier, then youre not giving them a full hsc experience are you?
Lwaxana said:

"i can STILL get better than them in my final HSC result " <<< depends on how many of them end up being ranked ahead of you
Not true. I was ranked in the top 20 for a subject, and my friend came 60th, about less than halfway, and got a higher hsc mark than me in the end for that subject. http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=134 You might want to read there.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Thanks Kimmeh
I thought the CSSA trial was terrible
we had an alternate multimedia question
I walked out of the exam an hour early because I couldn't answer much...the rest went early too.
So yeah, I think I went pretty bad but I gave it my best shot.
My whole class are in the same boat as me
PLus i had legal 2day :(

@lwaxana, how come you made a discussion thread if your intention was not to have a discussion?! that does not make sense at all!

CSSA do not have a security. I've got the paper ok? But I wont say anthing about it if u dont want...i dont see why not but...everyone has done the IPT trial now.
Only independent has a security.

Trev

stix
HSC
Lwaxana said:

am intrigued .. we havent even had the independent papers delivered to our school (very frustrating for me as a teacher) ... yet you have sat the exam ??
Yeah, i'm quite sure it was the independant.
My teacher was going on about how he doesn't like CSSA papers at all, and he said that he uses independant ones and the guy that writes them is the guy that writes the SDD textbooks (SamD or something on bos).

We had to draw a diagram, forget which one - the one that isn't context or flowchart. It was worth 6 marks and I had absolutely no clue :eek:

goan_crazy

HSC
Trev said:
Yeah, i'm quite sure it was the independant.
My teacher was going on about how he doesn't like CSSA papers at all, and he said that he uses independant ones and the guy that writes them is the guy that writes the SDD textbooks (SamD or something on bos).

We had to draw a diagram, forget which one - the one that isn't context or flowchart. It was worth 6 marks and I had absolutely no clue :eek:
data flow diagram or schematic diagram?

i had to draw a gantt chart in mine
data dictionary
schematic diagram
and a story board
stupid drawings!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
goan_crazy said:
data flow diagram or schematic diagram?

i had to draw a gantt chart in mine
data dictionary
schematic diagram
and a story board
stupid drawings!
hmm...whats with ppl giving hints on the cssa trial... READ WHAT LXAWANA SAID... lol

RJ_Chrno

HSC
dam.. i did that CSSA ipt exam today, i did incredibly shit.... i think i have failed all my exams so far, dam this suks

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
omg... your lucky without wings is not a moderator on this thread.. ur fked if she sees this...

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Huratio said:
hmm...whats with ppl giving hints on the cssa trial... READ WHAT LXAWANA SAID... lol

oh Huratio thanks for yr support
but the children here seem to have a need to discuss their IPT paper right away and since its an open forum they are free to do as they wish

goan_crazy said:
how come you made a discussion thread if your intention was not to have a discussion?! that does not make sense at all!

my thread was to prempt any specifics - as you have seen there has been plenty of discussion even without mentioning exact questions

and kimmeh
this is hardly the appropriate place for me to discuss the pedagoglcal reasoning behind why so many teachers decide to use pre-set papers - may I suggest you take it up with the english/science teachers at your own school

goan_crazy

HSC
Huratio said:
i dont care, what other people get won't affect my marks as its internal as velox said
and CSSA dont have a security
have you seen what Kimmeh and Asylum said about it?
read other posts Huratio
I don't understand why ur so uptight about it
you've done your trial already, so whats up?
I would understand if you hadn't and didn't want us to spoil it for you coz of the "social and ethical issues" in IPT
oh no, did I just give another hint? :rolleyes:
no thats what IPT is all about...damn social and ethical issues! :mad:

@ lwaxana, everyone from my class did their IPT exam today so no one will be "advantaged"
Lwaxana said:

my thread was to prempt any specifics - as you have seen there has been plenty of discussion even without mentioning exact questions
so basically you wanted us to bitch about our IPT exams without reference to any questions?

Last edited:

mun_

HSC
can someone say the first multiple choice question of the cssa
im trying to figure out which paper i did :p

goan_crazy

HSC
No
otherwise the IPT police force's siren's will go off :p

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
goan_crazy said:
so basically you wanted us to bitch about our IPT exams without reference to any questions?
no
but that seems to be what happened

I was just concerned about complying with the security requirements of exam papers ... you did your Legal studies today ... my son's g/f did it Tuesday
whilst timetables are supposed to be adhered to .. sometimes they arent
and I was trying to avoid what happened with that English paper where it was leaked to another school and the students now have to re-sit the exam

no thats what IPT is all about...damn social and ethical issues!

seems some people need to have some extra study on equity

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)