2005 PIP TOPICS ... WHAT ARE THE 05ers DOING? (1 Viewer)

2rko

HSC
i dont know why i wrote the title in caps .... but anywhos
wat are you guys doing for your pips? most people would know by now ...
im tihnking of doing something on secret societies wat do you guys think?

Kulazzi

HSC
have a search through the forum I think there's another thread on this although I'm mainly focussing on adolescent identity

what do you mean by secret societies?

2rko

HSC
serious? whoops sorry mods i didnt know .. i might do something on the freemasons ... see i dont knw what thery are but it all seems pretty interesting so im gonna giv it a shot

2rko

HSC
yeah true .. have u seen the distinction pips? so goddamn boring and extensive .. i dont know how im gonna get there :eek:

Kulazzi

HSC
don't worry, just concentrate now. One girl from my school in 03 got a distinction and had to do a speech at the PIP info day (and her speech was put into one of those pip mags, and it was very long!) althought I doubt I will get up to where she has been. Just do your best!

2rko

HSC
what was hers on ... what are other people are your school doing?

Kulazzi

HSC
her was something about conformity to morality, one girls is doing beauty and how it is specifically defined, someone's doing Santa, another happiness, another is doing the use of school education and there's more but I cannot remember.

Abbeygale

HSC
A girl at the school I went to last year did Santa for her PIP. The teacher collared me and another girl to serve as the cross cultural comparison, because I was raised in a Buddhist household and the other girl is an Aborigine. It's an interesting topic.

According to my proposal, I'm doing 'The Church of Satan- Perceptions vs Realities'. I'm hoping to change it, if I can settle on something similar that I like, soon. I'm really more interested in the idea of how misconceptions arise and spread, rather than the actual beliefs of Satanism.

HSC
hi

im doing mine on the "societal pressures and expectations of the female body image" i know its a bit over done..but im trying to look at it from alot of different angles :)

Kulazzi

HSC
dani 4 pasquale said:
im doing mine on the "societal pressures and expectations of the female body image" i know its a bit over done..but im trying to look at it from alot of different angles :)
:uhhuh: That's ok except the pressure is from my family (and possibly background)...

BreakerGirl

PIP Topic

Hi all,
your topics sound heaps good. my topic is about Naturists and how accepted they are by our society. how much of you PIP have you done so far? has anyone finished?? or started writing their main body up?????????
our class has just change teachers so i really dont want to fall behind others.

Kulazzi

HSC
BreakerGirl said:
Hi all,
your topics sound heaps good. my topic is about Naturists and how accepted they are by our society. how much of you PIP have you done so far? has anyone finished?? or started writing their main body up?????????
our class has just change teachers so i really dont want to fall behind others.
I really doubt that. I'm still working on my questionnaire. As survivor39 mentioned somewhere, do (or you should have done) all your secondary research in the holidays that way while you're at school you can work on your primary research and have the teacher continuously check it constantly.

2rko

HSC
i have done no research and feel like crap
good luck everyone! ill start this weekend :uhhuh:

ashiebear

HSC
i'm doing gambling in todays society. everyone's pip seems so much better than mine, im so not motivated to start doing anything.

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
Guys take this from an 04er. Dont worry if you dont finish it till a few days before not matter what your teachers say. It seems like such a big deal now but afterwards you wonder what all the fuss was

miss_depp

The Graduate
HSC
Oooh! My first post....

I'm doing mine on the hype over homosexual connotations in children's television programs.
Anyone think it's any good?

_Benji_

HSC
I'm doing mine on refugees- Australia's policy, international policies, NGO's, children in detention, a case study of a guy I know etc etc etc

Anyone got any notes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)