2006 IPT trial exams..ur thoughts (1 Viewer)

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
hey ppl...did my ipt trials today and they were hard!!!!!!
god...i was in shock after sitting there for 3 hours writing non-stop
i think we did the CSSA papers...im not really sure

ur thoughts on ur exam????

JTN

HSC
i thought it was pretty bloody hard and im sure i did the CSSA. I thought it had lots of questions which took the ideas in the syllabus to far and expected you to be a database expert.

ah well, just have to wait and see how i did now...

physx

HSC
Our exams had a whole 12 marker on NOS (network operating systems) our class would of been gone because our teacher had not taught us it yet... she believed that flow charts are more important i guess (which where not in the test) but yeah, i got through it because i've read about and used them before. I also got some handy info from the edassit program back in the 2 week break... the exam was okay.. ours was very long, i did 13 pages of written work !!!

:bomb:

Edit: due to my awsome spelLzing!

Last edited:

Oberst Fan

HSC
My Trial is Tomorrow...But We already have a pretty clear idea wat is in it...So hopefully i can cough it up when i need it...:)

stbrob

HSC
I have the IPT exam tomorrow, not too worried it is my easiest subject any way.

Beetle

HSC
i did mine on thursday..

haha i thought mine was pretty easy.. my option decision support was really easy.. wrote throught the whole booklet for that option..

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
i got IPT on Tuesday. we had to learn the entire TPS Option on our own because our teacher was away for two and a half weeks.... oh well.. IPT generally isnt too hard anyway :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I thought it was hard, especially since IPT is one of my strongest subjects. Especially one of the electives we're doing 'automated manufacturing systems', which we did almost no work on.

I'm pretty sure I did good in relation to my own class, but most of my class are pretty crap at IPT.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
sam04u said:
...... but most of my class are pretty crap at IPT.
Its common practice to see bludgers in an IPT class, they only care about their own activities, MSN, internet and flash games on the computers and little or nothing about the course ... but I better thank those type of people for my rank of 5/25 ....

Oh noes, Im gonna be in the same position as you guys next year :(

JTN

HSC
got the test back, fucked it up pretty bad, very dis-appointed, got 65% and i'm so pissed off at myself, i could of done so much better if i understood the questions better and of course did more study, my craming did not work well :)

ah well, shit happens, how did everyone else go?

alexjosevski

HSC
I did the cssa trial.. thought it was pretty hard but was surprised when i got my marks back today.. came first with 85%

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i wasn't expecting my exam to be that hard .... i think i did crap in it!! >o<!!
noo o o oo oo o .....................

sigh. and i wanted to take over 1st place ><! damn me and my crammin practises~ - -''

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
im not confident in getting a good mark anymore .... nobody in the class got above 10 correct in the mc. :(

HSC
Oh i got mine back today, im so sadden by my results.

the class average was 45.3 and the highest was 63 and i got 49, i ended up coming 5th out of 9 people.

Do you guys still reckon its possible to get a band 5 ?

becasue my teacher told our class that it always happens in her classes that the top person who got a band 6 last year trial mark was around something like that.. and the average was around that mark too ? ... or is it just eupheism ...

how do you guys study for IPT>.. why do all the guys ace IT !!!...

Last edited:

maskd

HSC
I got 75% raw, I wasn't very impressed, but then again I didn't exactly put in too much study, that'll change for the actual HSC that's for sure.

Study for me involves just reading this blasted text book, IPT seems to be either stuff that I just KNOW (Computer nerd) or stuff that I will never need to know (Pointless stuff from the text book).

xx__savannah

HSC
I found the CSSA IPT test not to be too difficult, considering I was very worried about it prior to actually going in to sit it. I got 83%, which was first by about 7 marks. Hopefully it was enough to push my rank up to 2nd, or back to first -- I fucked up the major really bad, so I doubt it.

Anyone else think that there was too much time in the CSSA? Over half the blokes in my class (pretty much everyone except for 5/15) did all four options cos they had time to kill.

I'm pretty happy with my mark, coulda done better, I spose. I got the top mark in each section apart from multi-choice, so I couldn't have done that much better. Oh well, I just want to prove to my ex that I can be almost as good as him in IPT without being a computer geek.

I study by highlighting key sentences in the text book that relate to the syllabus. Re-writing, lots of past questions and entire papers, and I found some flash-cards online that are pretty cool.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
13/20 for cssa mc =/

teacher hasn't marked all of the papers yet so we have yet to get them all back.

i onli had time to do 2 option topics . . . . i knw i screwed up 1 answer though.. 1 that i shoulda knwn coz imma graphics designer :( [not a pro 1 might i add..]

yeah. 37/40 for the short answers. killed it :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
f3nr15 said:
No need to worry, as long as you come around the top ..
lol.

my teacher's an asshole!! >_<
scared us into thinkin no1 got above 10 in MC.
i got 13 in MC outta 20
38/40 in Short answers
37/40 in option topics

88% -> 1st .. with 2nd 86% i think

sooo i hope i get 1st overall!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
well done shinji!

thats brilliant stuff! ill prolly get my ipt results on friday... :(

probably not too good at all.... :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)