2006 IPT trial exams..ur thoughts (1 Viewer)

xx__savannah

HSC
shinji said:
lol.

my teacher's an asshole!! >_<
scared us into thinkin no1 got above 10 in MC.
i got 13 in MC outta 20
38/40 in Short answers
37/40 in option topics

88% -> 1st .. with 2nd 86% i think

sooo i hope i get 1st overall!
Congrats :)

I got the same MC result as you too -- my school had a fairly low average in that section, there were about 4 people who got 11 or above, and I think one fluked 16.

In CSSA did you think the last 7 or so questions were dodgy? And there's one answer I debated, about the query results as well due to the wording.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
xx__savannah said:
Congrats :)

I got the same MC result as you too -- my school had a fairly low average in that section, there were about 4 people who got 11 or above, and I think one fluked 16.

In CSSA did you think the last 7 or so questions were dodgy? And there's one answer I debated, about the query results as well due to the wording.
thankise!! ^^

yeah .. they had dodgy wording ... teacher marked me down for putting the right thing .... soo i appealed for some more marks ^_^

trials have dodgy wording .. especially the MC -> crapness. the collecting data from keyboard.. shoulda been actually input/output .. not online input imo.

@priesty: i rekkon u'l do great!! =D
go priesty! FTW

manavji

HSC
N/A
im in the same class with Shinji... 88% !! congrats well done...

I screwed up the MC big times..... rest of the exam wasnt that hard.. these are my scores for the CSSA trial:

Multiple Choice: 7/20.. LOL!!
Short Answers: 37/40
Option Topic TPS: 20/20
Option Topic MMS: 15/20

Overall Score: 79/100
Rank in class: 3rd

Not bad, looking to improve on Multimedia Systems nad surely need to rip up Multiple Choice in the HSC.. coz dey r da shit! lol

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
shinji said:
thankise!! ^^

yeah .. they had dodgy wording ... teacher marked me down for putting the right thing .... soo i appealed for some more marks ^_^

trials have dodgy wording .. especially the MC -> crapness. the collecting data from keyboard.. shoulda been actually input/output .. not online input imo.

@priesty: i rekkon u'l do great!! =D
go priesty! FTW
our multiple choice were killers too :(

but i finally got IPT back today, came second by one mark :| 89/100
HOWEVER, I managed to prove a multiple choice answer correct that was marked wrong so I gave me and everyone else in the class one extra mark, and I managed to argue another mark so hopefully I'll be able to get 91%

*fingers crossed*

It'll get me Equal First in the Trial, but second overall I think.... it's still ok i spose considering i'm second overall by 0.7 of a mark. :/

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
ahh very nice effort priesty!

well done! ^_^
u beat me by 1 / 2 / 3 marks. haha

buhh im comin equal first overall :p

JTN

HSC
i found out yesterday that i did the independent paper, not the CSSA!, to my suprise, lol

so i got 65% in the independent, not the CSSA!

apparently they where GOING to use the CSSA, but they thought it was crap or something, i dunno, i never really listen to the teacher anyway:)

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
i did the STHS paper lol got 86% so happy been topping overall and in every assessment so i'm ahaerd by like 15 marks lol.... neways

can sum1 post the cssa or independant or anything up for 2006?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ugly14 said:
hey ppl...did my ipt trials today and they were hard!!!!!!
god...i was in shock after sitting there for 3 hours writing non-stop
i think we did the CSSA papers...im not really sure

ur thoughts on ur exam????
That's a good sign IMO. If you can crap on/write alot... then it means you've probably gone above and beyond the minimum standards!

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
can you please post the STHS paper pls kthx :)

SpAzTiC

HSC
i did the independent paper....
got 59/100
was a really tough exam... i had time to do the whole 4 options... much to the disgust of my teacher (didnt read the thing properly) and i still came 2nd in my class... 1st was 72/100 i think... little bit disapointed as with most of my exams marks but u win some u lose some... HSC will be fine....

independent paper was better in my opinion for markin and that made me realise wat i had to acheive... and alot of the CSSA paper was just a load of crap.... so many little stupid questions... but neways,... well done 2 EVERYONe... u all beat me... and no doubt ull do well in the HSc

peace

SpAzTiC

HSC
i did the independent paper....
got 59/100
was a really tough exam... i had time to do the whole 4 options... much to the disgust of my teacher (didnt read the thing properly) and i still came 2nd in my class... 1st was 72/100 i think... little bit disapointed as with most of my exams marks but u win some u lose some... HSC will be fine....

independent paper was better in my opinion for markin and that made me realise wat i had to acheive... and alot of the CSSA paper was just a load of crap.... so many little stupid questions... but neways,... well done 2 EVERYONe... u all beat me... and no doubt ull do well in the HSc

peace

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
xxPanDa said:
do u know wher i can download this yrs trails?
i dont think its legal to put up soft copy versions of the papers... maybe i'm mistaken :confused:

download all the past IPT Papers instead. the syllabus hasn't changed much in ages (they just changed the structure of the courses, however the content has remained the same)

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Once the security period is over .. I believe we can do what ever we wish with them

its just the scanned versions with suggested answers tend to equate to a file size too huge to bother with

Bijs

HSC
I did the Independent trial, which I found to be hard. If anyone here winges about having to do a topic by themselves, bear in mind our teacher is an Ag teacher and we had to do the WHOLE course by ourselves. We were given a text book and a syllabus. (Same for prelim too). Good times. I went from averaging 85-90% for all other IPT tests to 75 in the trial (btw another teacher marks the work)

Beetle

HSC
I got 91% raw, but our teacher scaled the marks up to 97%. Im not complaining hehe ^^

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
We did the Independant, and I got a solid 75%, which I'm happy enough with. The questions on Communications were abysmal, so I'm anticipating band 5 at least on Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)