2006 Unsw Co-ops (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
i would prefer not going if we dont have to, my friends 18th is on the 4th.

but like, if the place is close to sydney, maybe i can drive home sat arvo and come back or only stay for the 1 night

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
haboozin said:
i would prefer not going if we dont have to, my friends 18th is on the 4th.

but like, if the place is close to sydney, maybe i can drive home sat arvo and come back or only stay for the 1 night
Its not compulsory.

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
milkyways said:
So when's the compulsory "leadership camp", if this isn't it?
This isn't it however i believe for your group it may be held during 1st yr? I heard that somewhere.

But for all other co-op years its usually held in 4th yr, not sure if that extends to engo & sci but tis the case for commerce (i think/hope!)

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
Umm a question from left field to all co-ops, cadets, BAccs and whoever else it may apply to:

Did you guys receive an email from Garath (UTS BAcc coordinator), or from his admin, requesting you do a survey for their marketing of the coop? It comes attached with a PDF file which is basically an add which attempts to differentiate BAcc to UNSW coop and cadetships.

I applied for BAcc in yr12 did the interview n all so i'm assuming thats why they have my email, but question is if they sent it out to people who applied, or a wider range...

milkyways

HSC
So how was the morning tea or afternoon lunch? Where you guys all there?

milkyways

HSC
Sharpshooter said:
This isn't it however i believe for your group it may be held during 1st yr? I heard that somewhere.

But for all other co-op years its usually held in 4th yr, not sure if that extends to engo & sci but tis the case for commerce (i think/hope!)
So is the camp just for first years? Or are you guys invited too?

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
Anyone know how hard it is to maintain a credit avg while doing Actuarial Studies, MATH1151 has me shit scared.

milkyways

HSC
It shouldn't be so hard getting a credit. But maths kills.

So what is everyone up to?

milkyways

HSC
Sharpshooter said:
dying "balancing" work and uni =P but poor time mgmt on my part.

how are you guys enjoying uni?
Which company are you working for at the moment? Which IT is this? How are they treating you?

Uni life is great ! :bomb:

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
milkyways said:
Which company are you working for at the moment? Which IT is this? How are they treating you?

Uni life is great ! :bomb:
im working at MLC (who are owned by the nab, thus a fair bit of the work i do is for the nab). IT1 and they treat me great, like i leave early when i have uni, they really dont care what hours i do so long as i get my work done (haha which strangely is proving challenging at times, in a team of 5), but on the whole its cool.

oh and i assure you full time uni is much better n more fun ;)

fraqqie

UNSW BIT Co-op 04
HSC
politik said:
Same as you. Trying to balance the ridiculously stupid workload of COMP1911 with ACCT1501, INFS1603 (which has given me an assignment to work on with three other people), and MSP which started for UG students six weeks after it started for everyone else (which means I have to learn an extra six weeks of work at the same time as learning two years of 2U maths in four months).
hahaha

is COMP1911 higher comp?

yeh i heard stuff that its a pretty beasty subject to tackle

when i did 1st year BIT... i took it easy, normal comp and normal maths :)

its worse when your working + studying + honours thesis >.<

u guys have done ur IT preferences yet ey?

btw. my first post! oh booyeh!

Last edited:

yy

HSC
N/A
i heard there's gonna be two new courses next year: BCom (int) and BCom (liberal studies). They're both 4 years. does anyone know if you can get co-op for these two courses?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
Taken from news@unsw (http://www.newspaper.unsw.edu.au/text/board.htm):

The proposals for the Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) and Bachelor of Economics (Liberal Studies) were designed to be competitive with similar degrees at other institutions, and to provide a broad spectrum of study by offering compulsory study in at least two other Faculties. It was noted that students would still be able to undertake a combined degree (such as BCom BA). Members raised concerns with regard to the request for 100% exemption from General Education, but acknowledged the persuasive argument that students would undertake study in three Faculties. Whilst approval of these programs would appear to set a precedent, the Board agreed that future similar proposals would be considered on their own merits...

...It was recommended that Council approve: the introduction of Master of, and Graduate Diploma in International Law and International Relations; the Bachelor of Commerce (International), Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) and Bachelor of Economics (Liberal Studies); and, the renaming of the Master of Arts in Couple and Family Therapy to Master of Arts in Couple and Family Therapy.

Last edited:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
AreYouAlright? said:
Anyone know how hard it is to maintain a credit avg while doing Actuarial Studies, MATH1151 has me shit scared.
Beware: If you screw up MATH1251 (like barely credit or below), you are more than likely to get kicked out Actuarial Co-op as 1st yr is when u will h ave ur highest wam :D

Also, you haven't done a single ACTL subject yet. Sachi is there to scare every first yr.

yy

HSC
N/A
phrred said:
Do you know what BComm (International) involves
from what i heard, it's an extended course, much like BCom, but with some extra units in international dealings, and you HAVE TO do an exchange, and they give you some financial support for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)