• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
williamc said:
Point being? I just said from HSC economics i can understand aritcles written in the financial review, as an example the CAD article, which not everyone can read. I didn't say it was an overly difficult article, but i found it harder to understand compared to his other articles.

Also, HSC economics have made me realise how great JH is, espically those AWA's.
Yeah you realise that they are targeted at the greater population, meaning you don't need an understanding of economics to know what he's on about; he explains it as he goes.

iEdd

HSC
I have only read this page, but I can say you don't need to do economics to know:
Rudd - FTW
Howard - FTL
:)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
so howsabout not knowing the tax brackets huh? That was a bit assy of ol Ruddy.

On the plus side, his office replied to my email. :eek:

Malefice

HSC
GREENIES!!!!!!!

I'll be voting Greens this year!!!
No chance Liberal or Labour are getting my vote.:wave:

Malefice

HSC
If you love John Howard I easily come to the assumption that you don't mind war!

John Howard is a hypocritical manipulative liar. Anyone who supports him supports war.:mad1:

williamc

HSC
iEdd said:
williams180 is correct, though insulting intelligence usually doesn't convince someone. There are plenty of "smart" people that still manage to vote for Howard and plenty of "dumb" who vote for Labor.
The 3 reasons I've heard for people voting liberal so far are:
1) Oh, I've heard of that Howard guy, I think I seen him on da news.
2) He'll keep the fags out.
3) Interest rates have been lowest with Howard.

#1 & #2 people should NOT have the right to vote. #3 are severely mislead and wouldn't know the first thing about economics.

Oh and remember the Howard promise: No GST, no children overboard, absolutely no interest rate rises, which will be at all time lows. Yep, you know that you can trust eyebrows.
Interest rates have HAD to rise to keep inflation at the low and stable rate of 2-3%. Interest rates have been forced up mainly due to external factors, such as strong global economic grwoth, combined with the commodity boom. It's not JH's fault everyone wants a bit of our shit. Either way, the cash rate is at a reasonably low rate anyway.

Who cares if interest rates are going up, if real incomes are increasing along with unemployment being at 32 year lows. (4.3% sept). Get over yourself.

williams180

HSC
Malefice said:
If you love John Howard I easily come to the assumption that you don't mind war!

John Howard is a hypocritical manipulative liar. Anyone who supports him supports war.:mad1:
yep i sure do war is good

williamc

HSC
Malefice said:

War is a great thing.

Ie. USA only lost 110,000 soldiers from ww1, but it reaped unprecented economic benefits from it. HUGE interest repayments from France and Britain, along with German reparations, helped to ensure the USA being the greatest economic superpower for a very long time.

Sacirifice 100 thousand to earn billions.

williams180

HSC
williamc said:
War is a great thing.

Ie. USA only lost 110,000 soldiers from ww1, but it reaped unprecented economic benefits from it. HUGE interest repayments from France and Britain, along with German reparations, helped to ensure the USA being the greatest economic superpower for a very long time.

Sacirifice 100 thousand to earn billions.
couldnt agree more war is definetly worth it for economic prosperity and stability in the world one has to capitalise on such chances and america did and became the greatest most dominat country in the world

iEdd

HSC
williamc said:
Interest rates have HAD to rise to keep inflation at the low and stable rate of 2-3%. Interest rates have been forced up mainly due to external factors, such as strong global economic grwoth, combined with the commodity boom. It's not JH's fault everyone wants a bit of our shit. Either way, the cash rate is at a reasonably low rate anyway.

Who cares if interest rates are going up, if real incomes are increasing along with unemployment being at 32 year lows. (4.3% sept). Get over yourself.
I was more making the point that the coalition are not true to their word. Get over myself? This isn't about me, this is about the government. I am not in the labor party...

williams180, who are you voting for again? :confused:

Saying war is good is pretty sick, especially considering that you guys would rather count your money than go and risk your life for a worthless cause. And to anyone that hopes australia loses thousands of lives to "reap economic benefits", I hope you are one of the live's lost.

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
iEdd said:
Saying war is good is pretty sick, especially considering that you guys would rather count your money than go and risk your life for a worthless cause. And to anyone that hopes australia loses thousands of lives to "reap economic benefits", I hope you are one of the live's lost.
It's people like you that make me sick. No i'd rather the lower socio-economic status people to go to war, to earn me money. It's not a worthless course when billions of dolalrs are involved.

Hoping i die ey, geez thats not nice.

iEdd

HSC
Yeah, I don't want innocent lives lost, I must be psychotic. I must make you so sick, having a soul and all.

You obviously watch way too much tv or something, because seriously, that's not cool.

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
iEdd said:
Yeah, I don't want innocent lives lost, I must be psychotic. I must make you so sick, having a soul and all.

You obviously watch way too much tv or something, because seriously, that's not cool.
Having no morals, doesn't consitute not having a soul. According to the bible everyone has a soul.

I'm just a facist or authoritian.

iEdd

HSC
But surely if you have no morals it would be easier just to rob a bank or something. Starting a war is a LOT of work. :p

williams180 said:
me liberal for sure labour a too welfare friendly for me
Ok, I must've misinterpreted your other post.

williamc

HSC
iEdd said:
But surely if you have no morals it would be easier just to rob a bank or something. Starting a war is a LOT of work. :p
Robbing a bank is illegal, whislt starting war is just usually unethical. I'd rather do soemthing unethical than illegal. :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, costello let it slip in Question Time that it would be the last one before the election

Malefice

HSC
Look if you don't care about thousands of innocent people dying because of Australian and american troops then you disgust me. Allowing young children and babies to be victims of this disgraceful war because of selfish people coming from our government. I'm talking about your fav John Howard who does not even deserve the title Prime minister. J.Howard and his friend George Bush began this war in Iraq because of their selfish minds.
How can any individual in their right mind see this act as good?

You Can Bomb The World to Pieces
But You Can't Bomb It Into Peace
-Michael Franti

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)