2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah well that makes sense now about the fact that they don't notify anyone until after the HSC finishes and hey beveritt your coat is absolutely amazing seriously that red dot must mean something positive it should definetly get into texstyle!!!! Hopefully those red dots mean something great for everyone who got them I mean it kind of makes sense that they would otherwise you would think that they would be on every single box instead of only some peoples
Exactly.
Such a surprise, too!

em21

HSC
It is just so exciting about this whole red dot thing it will be great to find out just who got in!!!!!

Oh i think i am going for purple moon for the melbourne cup but i am not really sure

Last edited:
HSC
beveritt said:
oohh thankyou!!!
lol, but im still worried.

oooh who u going for in melb cup?
LMAO. I just finished watching it. Tungsten Strike was mine, who was coming first throughout, and then ended up last close to the end! What are the chances! LOL.

beveritt

HSC
haha yeh i was purple moon.... damn! i reckon iv come second for the last 3 yrs lol.

em21

HSC
beveritt said:
haha yeh i was purple moon.... damn! i reckon iv come second for the last 3 yrs lol.
Yeah me too i really think i should start picking horses that i don't think will win and then maybe i might be right for once

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah me too i really think i should start picking horses that i don't think will win and then maybe i might be right for once
LMAO. Very true.

My friends friend just won $660 for betting on a random horse with $30, and that was the one who came first! How lucky is that?

em21

HSC
Yeah talk about lucky i seriously wish i was that person right about now i could easily handle $660 but then couldn't we all - lol

beveritt

HSC
rubificticious said:
LMAO. Very true.

My friends friend just won $660 for betting on a random horse with $30, and that was the one who came first! How lucky is that?
haha, damn so jealous!!!

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah talk about lucky i seriously wish i was that person right about now i could easily handle $660 but then couldn't we all - lol
LOL. Only slightly off topic, but it'll do! LOL.

em21

HSC
Seriously can't wait until we find out who got into texstyle next week and maybe even the top 5 in the state but i guess we probably wont find that out - there we are thats slightly back on topic lol

beveritt

HSC
em21 said:
Seriously can't wait until we find out who got into texstyle next week and maybe even the top 5 in the state but i guess we probably wont find that out - there we are thats slightly back on topic lol
lol. smooth transition.
how do we actually find out about texstyle or top 5? like do they send a letter or...?

plus, do u kno wen texstyle is on?

HSC
em21 said:
LMAO. Good.
Yes. Me too!
I just told my friend, Karissa, who also does Textiles about the dot thing. She doesn't believe it.
"What if it's just some sort of administrative thing?"

em21

HSC
From what I can figure out you are sent a letter but I am not entirely sure - texstyle is on from like January to March next year at Vaucluse House but i dont know whether there are other venues as well like there is for ArtExpress and DesignTech where other projects go on like regional tours around the state

About the whole administrative thing thats what I thought at first too like maybe the markers just put a dot on the boxes once the projects had been marked so they didnt get confused and knew what ones they still had left but then it just doesn't seem to make sense that only some people have dots whilst others dont

HSC
em21 said:
From what I can figure out you are sent a letter but I am not entirely sure - texstyle is on from like January to March next year at Vaucluse House but i dont know whether there are other venues as well like there is for ArtExpress and DesignTech where other projects go on like regional tours around the state

About the whole administrative thing thats what I thought at first too like maybe the markers just put a dot on the boxes once the projects had been marked so they didnt get confused and knew what ones they still had left but then it just doesn't seem to make sense that only some people have dots whilst others dont
Mmm... true.

Texstyle, I think you'll get notified by your teacher. You're teacher would probably call you. I heard they get a fax sent to the school about it.
Not too sure about top 5. That's weird that the top 5 automatically go in.

beveritt

HSC
ooh thats cool. i gotta go into school on monday to do my clearing anyway. but now uv all got me thinking about getting in. aaaw such heartbreak if the whole dot thing is bullshit, lol.

HSC
beveritt said:
ooh thats cool. i gotta go into school on monday to do my clearing anyway. but now uv all got me thinking about getting in. aaaw such heartbreak if the whole dot thing is bullshit, lol.
LOL. It's not.
It's either you've done really well, or you've done really well and you were selected. Win-win either way!

Oh, that's really great!

And just a question; were your boxes plastic/cardboard? Maybe only the people with cardboard boxes get the dots in texta?

It's funny how something as silly as a small red dot could mean so much!

em21

HSC
rubificticious said:
It's funny how something as silly as a small red dot could mean so much!
I know it just seems so surreal that a little red dot could have an affect on how well you did for your major work like it is some kind of symbol of hope - and yeah that does sound right about them letting the school know it does make more sense
its just so exciting to think that people could find out whether they got nominated for texstyle next week - it seems so soon yet so far away lol

beveritt

HSC
em21 said:
its just so exciting to think that people could find out whether they got nominated for texstyle next week - it seems so soon yet so far away lol

i wish it was this week... a whole week of speculating (eew english terminology haha) is gonna do my head in. lol

HSC
em21 said:
I know it just seems so surreal that a little red dot could have an affect on how well you did for your major work like it is some kind of symbol of hope - and yeah that does sound right about them letting the school know it does make more sense
LOL. And I so agree.
Oh man. I want to just see my box. LOL.

The dot isn't on the folio, is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)