2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
beveritt said:
i wish it was this week... a whole week of speculating (eew english terminology haha) is gonna do my head in. lol
LOL. Don't worry! Seriously.
You have been blessed with a dot!

HSC
Oh, can I just ask; ahh, like, was the dot on the actual box containing your MTP, or like on some sort of paper packaging which covers the box which contains your MTP?

bethrealistic

HSC
rubificticious said:
Oh, can I just ask; ahh, like, was the dot on the actual box containing your MTP, or like on some sort of paper packaging which covers the box which contains your MTP?
Mine was on the actual box. There was paper which we ripped off, and then the box itself, with a dot on the label.

I really don't think the dots mean you get in, just that your marker NOMINATED you for the shortlist. The letters next week through the school will be the real thing.

That's why I'm not getting too excited, because I don't think my project is fancy or interesting enough for people to want to see, so they wouldn't choose it for display. =P They tend to choose textile arts, mostly, with only a few apparel selections.

beveritt

HSC
bethrealistic said:
I really don't think the dots mean you get in, just that your marker NOMINATED you for the shortlist. The letters next week through the school will be the real thing.

That's why I'm not getting too excited, because I don't think my project is fancy or interesting enough for people to want to see, so they wouldn't choose it for display. =P They tend to choose textile arts, mostly, with only a few apparel selections.
yeh i reckon thats all it might be..
lol, i kno.. i cant imagine ppl would walk around lookin at mine. lol

HSC
beveritt said:
mine was on the actual cardboard box. ull see where theyv written ur number...

oh i found this about texstyle
http://www.teansw.com.au/TEA%20Info/TEA%20info%20images/Texstyle%202007%20Information.pdf
Yep. That's where I found the information about when the selections will be happening. Only I lost the link.

bethrealistic said:

Mmm... I know this, but it still means you did superbly well to even get nominated for the shortlist, and it also means you'll end up getting the marks which is what matters. To get into Texstyle doesn't mean you did better than others, unless you got in automatically because you were in the top 5 in the state.
I think you should be ecstatic either way.
I would definatley be cheering, personally.

Last edited:

Tan.

HSC
beveritt said:
haha yeh i was purple moon.... damn! i reckon iv come second for the last 3 yrs lol.
yeh same. lol. i was sure purple moon would b good..but i alwayz think the same thing so shoulda guessed. lol
& i love your coat. you def deserve to get in to texstyle.
we havnt seen ur boxes yet..:(...but i doubt mine would get in there tho.
& i really wouldnt be worried.

HSC
Tan. said:
yeh same. lol. i was sure purple moon would b good..but i alwayz think the same thing so shoulda guessed. lol
& i love your coat. you def deserve to get in to texstyle.
we havnt seen ur boxes yet..:(...but i doubt mine would get in there tho.
& i really wouldnt be worried.
Urg. This is making me just want to check right now!

~kiki

HSC
me and my friend had red dots on our boxes. I also had a capital H with a circle around it. Not sure if she had the same. But yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up-- because it does seem like an administrative thing.

HSC
~kiki said:
me and my friend had red dots on our boxes. I also had a capital H with a circle around it. Not sure if she had the same. But yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up-- because it does seem like an administrative thing.
Oh, this changes everything doesn't it.
Hum. Do you think you have a change for Texstyle? Was your's that moth one? I don't retain information well. If so, it's really, really good.
And did everyone in the class have these red dots?

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
Hello there darlings.
How is it, that in my quest for Hamlet and Cloudstreet notes over in the English forums, that I missed this delightful little thread?

Had a browse back through previous posts and I must say that you guys have done some absolutely amazing stuff!

Also, am glad that you guys have been able to shed a little bit of light on what the 'red dot' thing hopefully means. We got our projects back last Friday after the exam, and mine was the only one with the little red dot on it. Mine also happened to be in a box about four times the size of anyone else's, so I had wondered whether it was just administrative stuff, perhaps to mark exactly which box my thingie had to go back into.

So a red dot is a possible nomination for Texstyle? that has just made my day infinitely better.

obligatory bragging pictures and whatnot are posted on livejournal.
http://community.livejournal.com/sew_hip/1509773.html

anyone else on lj, add me. (I'm pankaks. :p)

in other news, everyone finished their exams yet? or are there people like me who still have icky art to go? :)

once again, well done everyone on some amazing work. <3

~kiki

HSC
Lamoo said:
Hello there darlings.
How is it, that in my quest for Hamlet and Cloudstreet notes over in the English forums, that I missed this delightful little thread?

Had a browse back through previous posts and I must say that you guys have done some absolutely amazing stuff!

Also, am glad that you guys have been able to shed a little bit of light on what the 'red dot' thing hopefully means. We got our projects back last Friday after the exam, and mine was the only one with the little red dot on it. Mine also happened to be in a box about four times the size of anyone else's, so I had wondered whether it was just administrative stuff, perhaps to mark exactly which box my thingie had to go back into.

So a red dot is a possible nomination for Texstyle? that has just made my day infinitely better.

obligatory bragging pictures and whatnot are posted on livejournal.
http://community.livejournal.com/sew_hip/1509773.html

anyone else on lj, add me. (I'm pankaks. :p)

in other news, everyone finished their exams yet? or are there people like me who still have icky art to go? :)

once again, well done everyone on some amazing work. <3
fantastic work on the costume :)

I am yet to finish my exams-- like you I have art on friday :)

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
Oh, this changes everything doesn't it.
Hum. Do you think you have a change for Texstyle? Was your's that moth one? I don't retain information well. If so, it's really, really good.
And did everyone in the class have these red dots?
Um, I'm not sure about the other peoples boxes and yes, I think me and my friend have a good chance of getting in-- well, not getting in as such, because only a small number of people are selected, but certainly being shortlisted.

HSC
O. M. G.
What the? I am so, so speechless.
That is the most fantastic thing I have ever seen in my life.
Gee. I really can't believe it, and I have no doubt that you'll get into Texstyle. Seriously, you have nothing to worry about.
Like, I can't really believe how good that is!
Awe!

Can I just ask; did you machine do those Queen cards yourself? Because OMG, that would equal suicide.

I am like, on the floor.
This exuberates fantasticisms. And I will not be surprised if you come first in state in the slightest.
Good work. Good work.

Utterly speechless.

HSC
~kiki said:
Um, I'm not sure about the other peoples boxes and yes, I think me and my friend have a good chance of getting in-- well, not getting in as such, because only a small number of people are selected, but certainly being shortlisted.
That's great ~kiki. I'll be checking tomorrow about the dots.
I think it's quite a good indication of goodness.

OK babes, I'm off for the night. I've got SOR II tomorrow, which is actually my last exam.

And still, I'm utterly speechless.
Oh, man.
Oh! LOL.

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
rubificticious said:
O. M. G.
What the? I am so, so speechless.
That is the most fantastic thing I have ever seen in my life.
Gee. I really can't believe it, and I have no doubt that you'll get into Texstyle. Seriously, you have nothing to worry about.
Like, I can't really believe how good that is!
Awe!

*feels incredibly loved and flattered*

Desperately hoping for Texstyle, as I think everyone else is, but doubting I'll get in because sadly the card print along the bottom of the skirt is pretty much buggered. ....looks fine in the picture, but that was because the pictures were taken the weekend before the thing was actually due.

Long story cut short:
Took skirt and corset to be drycleaned on the Saturday before it was all due, y'know, so that it didnt smell like my dog and to get all my grubby make-up-y fingerprints off it. Shall we just say that screen printing paint doesnt take kindly to drycleaning liquids. Despite me following manufacturers instructions with the paint, heat setting it about four times and whatnot, the damn drycleaners completely screwed up the print. Bits of it were flaking off everywhere. Had a little meltdown on Sunday when I got it back from the dry cleaners. Put in misadventure forms, because my mum (who is a textiles teacher, but not at my school... thank god) said that because the dry cleaner screw up wasnt technically my fault, I was entitled to apply for misadventure.

Hopefully wont lost any marks because of a buggered print, but unfortunately I think that having a damaged skirt (which looks fine in pictures, but not great in real life) will probably cost me a spot in Texstyle. :(

Can still hope though. *crosses fingers*

rubificticious said:
Can I just ask; did you machine do those Queen cards yourself? Because OMG, that would equal suicide.
the cards, no. They are actually only screen printed... which was a pain in the butt to do, but no where near as insanely brain frying as machine embroidering the lot of them. *shudders at the thought*
Having to do all the damn hearts was bad enough without adding embroidered cards to the mix. At least its okay if they're wonky. :p

beveritt

HSC
*jaw drops to the floor*
omg ur drag costume is sosososososo awesome!!!!
& it looks like soooo much work!!
woooooooooooooooooahhhh! its just so damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!

bethrealistic

HSC
Just a thought, did anyone NOT get a red dot...?
It seems to me like everyone on here did!

Or maybe it's just that only clever people use the forums. =P

andipandi

HSC
hay guys...
r any of u studying fashion design next year?
if so wear at!!!!

i am at ruffles school of design n commerce...
if any 1 is studying der or anywhere holla lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)