2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

bethrealistic

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
Re: UTS, i have been very fortunate to have had a little experience in the fashion industry, and those whom i have talked to have all (litteraly ALL) not to go to UTS. They said that the cousre is all theory and very little prac and there is no part in the ciriculum that teaches things that are used IRL. Ive heard its more like a Visual Arts degree than textiles, and you spend a week studyign the history of buttons, wow fun.
And I've heard the exact opposite. =P
The people I've talked to recommend TAFE or UTS, and say that the private colleges are useless cause they just want your money.

I think it just depends who you speak to. =)

beveritt

HSC
anyone find out anything today? congrats to any1 who gets in... hopefully a few from on here!

i went to school to clear out today. woohoo!!!!

naughtymanolo

HSC
bethrealistic said:
And I've heard the exact opposite. =P
The people I've talked to recommend TAFE or UTS, and say that the private colleges are useless cause they just want your money.

I think it just depends who you speak to. =)
ITA with that! You almost garenteed a certificate if you pay your fees and show up to class, its isnt very recognised in the real world apparently.

HSC
katherineham said:
we still havent got our stuff back yet...now i wana go n check if i got a dot!!!...would be so awesome 2 get into texstyle...but i dont wana get too excited or get my hopes up so i'm not dissapointed!!!

wat kind of assessment marks did everyone get?

i got 95...which i'm happy with cept i screwed up my half yearly wif 70% which means if i did better in that i would probli have got a mark of say 98...i would so go back in time in do it all again...sounds so lame but i would
How did u find out u got 95????

~kiki

HSC
love.is.around said:
you look at your assessment schedule to see the percentage each assessment was worth-- and calculate from your assessment marks

em21

HSC
beveritt said:
how can no1 hav heard anything??
gah.. the suspense!! haha
I know I just want to find out who got into texstyle - seriously I thought they would have told at least someone by now cos I thought they were starting to notify people from the 12th of November

~kiki

HSC
em21 said:
I know I just want to find out who got into texstyle - seriously I thought they would have told at least someone by now cos I thought they were starting to notify people from the 12th of November
I know hey :p... I think they must have sent out stuff but maybe no-ones spoken up

bethrealistic

HSC
~kiki said:
I know hey :p... I think they must have sent out stuff but maybe no-ones spoken up
Well they did say the nominees would be notified in "the week beginning 12th November", not ON the 12th November.

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Well they did say the nominees would be notified in "the week beginning 12th November", not ON the 12th November.
Yeah. Still waiting on any signs of notifications.
Anyone?

Today is Thursday though. Someone must have been notified by now.
Maybe they don't want to speak up.
I don't know why they wouldn't want to.
Unless you're put under some agreement to secrecy. I don't know why you would be either. LOL.

katherineham

HSC
love.is.around said:
on our school reports...has an assesment mark on it...

i reken that they havent sent them out yet...cause someone on here would have been nominated...even if it was just 1 person...n i no that if i found i got in one of the first things i'd do was tell everyone i no...including all my forum ppls!

HSC
katherineham said:

i reken that they havent sent them out yet...cause someone on here would have been nominated...even if it was just 1 person...n i no that if i found i got in one of the first things i'd do was tell everyone i no...including all my forum ppls!
But why would that prevent them from notifying the people who got in?
It's not like it would matter if someone told they're friends they got in, would it?

beveritt

HSC
katherineham said:
but i thought ur not sposda get told that mark?

still no word on texstyle???

em21

HSC
beveritt said:
but i thought ur not sposda get told that mark?

still no word on texstyle???
Yeah thats what i thought too - we weren't allowed to know our assessment mark at our school only our ranking in the class

Seriously somebody would have to have been told by now and i really can't see any reason that they couldn't tell anyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)