2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
oops my bad. i was meant to say premiership challenge . somewhere in my deluded state of mind i thought we won the 2001 grand final.

parra have been really inconsistent and it's hard to tip them - which is funny since you'd usually back the third placed side to win the majority of their games. it's probably because melbourne and manly are so far in front that parra are sitting in third despite playing some really rubbish football at times. dogs came from behind to beat parra at parra last time they played and i think the same may happen again. parra rock at starting but have really bad second halves.

HSC
blackfriday said:
oops my bad. i was meant to say premiership challenge . somewhere in my deluded state of mind i thought we won the 2001 grand final.

parra have been really inconsistent and it's hard to tip them - which is funny since you'd usually back the third placed side to win the majority of their games. it's probably because melbourne and manly are so far in front that parra are sitting in third despite playing some really rubbish football at times. dogs came from behind to beat parra at parra last time they played and i think the same may happen again. parra rock at starting but have really bad second halves.
Just like the Roosters won in 2003 and 2004. :D

I really enjoyed the Manly v Eels match, in the 1st half of that game, you could tell why they were in the top 3, but in the 2nd half, like you said, Parra just lost it.

HSC
just about every team is under performing and its a case of whoever hits form at the right time (approaching quite quickly) will have a decent shot at it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
parra won't win the premiership this year, no luke burt, that's a huge loss. what's more, they are struggling to stay competitive for a full 80min.

if fittler wins another game, i reckon the roosters will come to him on their hands and knees with a contract.

HSC
Burt will be back Round 25, and yeah i agree... he added a dimension to our attack that is missing with Hayne at FB.

HSC
plus he kicks goals.

hayne will be an awesome fullback one day, but not now. atm they would be better off playing inu at fullback for example.

HSC
Inu is better than Hayne, and his GK is as good as Burt's if youve been watching...

Burt is just better from FB as he is a 2nd 5/8 (or for parra, 5/8 and FB, considering all Finch does is tackle), so without burt... all the creativeness has to come from T Smith, too much burden on a guy that isnt on form.

Also, i defy you to find a better support player in the game...

HSC
burt's goal kicking % this year has been just as good, if not better than just about everyone elses, including el masris. inus good enough i guess, but not quite to burt's standard.

i think inu would be a better option at fullback for the moment, simply because hayne looks real lost there atm and isn't helping the team. hayne will be awesome at fullback though imo, he is more than just a finisher he is a smart footballer.

as for better support players, anthony minichiello comes to mind. also perhaps brett stewart , billy slater and luke patten.

HSC
*chomp chomp!*
LOL @ Bulldogs supporters.

Tahu was bitten by a Bulldogs player. Very obviously. It's extremely clear on the video footage.

I'd say he'll be out for at least 8-10 weeks

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
inu was awesome on his test debut at fb and he showed that he had the goods but i think he'll be a direct replacement for tahu next year in the centres. hayne's preferred position is fb, but i guess he's got to get a decent kicking and passing game going first because most teams use their fb in attack like rugby union uses an outside centre.

HSC
WATATANK, IMO only slater i is in the class of burt (is actually better than burt) at support play, and yeah i agree INU at FB ahead of Hayne, i been saying that for a while.

forums.leagueunlimited.com

^^^

fantastic league forums.

HSC
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
WATATANK, IMO only slater i is in the class of burt (is actually better than burt) at support play, and yeah i agree INU at FB ahead of Hayne, i been saying that for a while.

forums.leagueunlimited.com

^^^

fantastic league forums.
don't get me wrong, burts very good i just rate other people higher, thats all. just my opinion.

if you like your rugby league forums, Rleague Grandstand Forums is a good one as well.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
brad morrin bit tahu, hahaha typical dog. eels played really well, i was very impressed, especially that they didn't stop after 60min or so. dogs are still in the hunt but.

knights on the other hand, another disappointing night, losing a game which was a must win, there goes their season. but apparently they used 36 players in first grade - you can make 2 teams out of that, and some more. better luck next year.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes eels cement 3rd spot on the ladder :D

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
2nd? you mean..third? :p

good game for the dragons. well personally i thought newcastle did alright.. they did pretty well to limit the score to 20. and HOW MANY DROPPED BALLS were there in the last 10 minutes. ugh.

2/2 for tipping atm..

oh wait. 0. coz i forgot to tip. :( i so would get 2 though. ARGH. it would've pissed me off so bad if bulldogs won. freaking cheating, biting, whatevering crims.

oh and feel sorry from inu. his kicking percentage comes down from 94% to like, 80ish

HSC
its like 85%, the only kick he missed before tonite was from the sideline where it went JUST under the black dot.

and Watatank, the site i mentioned has more people online than BOS, so thats why i prefer it to RLeague, which is also good i guess.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
no, he missed it from the sideline and it went across the face.

when nz picked him at fullback in the test, everyone was like 'who the fk is that?', and now we all know - the next greg inglis.

HSC
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
and Watatank, the site i mentioned has more people online than BOS, so thats why i prefer it to RLeague, which is also good i guess.
yeah, i'm the only one i know from bee oh ess who frequents that site. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)