2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it does too, only if he joined the crew earlier in the year ey?

knights won't get the spoon, the panthers won't win again this year. but even if the knights do get it, they have plenty of excuses, whereas panthers got none except for rhyse wesser.

i say tigers won't make it, either titans or broncos may slip in. but sitting on the 7th or 8th isn't very encouraging for the teams come finals week.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Broncos will have a struggle. .

The Tigers have it easy - Rabbits & Newcastle...

Warriors - have manly & penrith

Titans - have sharks & Storm

Nth Qld - have New & Dogs

Broncos - have raiders & Parra

Rabbits - have Tigers & Roosters

Of them all Parra have it easiest with Dragons & Broncos. This will be long time since Broncos have not been in the top 8.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
I hope the titans make it into the finals, but it looks unlikely.

I wouldnt say that the Rabbits are an easy team...sure they aren't an A Typical Melbourne, but they are still performing pretty well.

Has anyone checked out the papers today? Massive blowup about the Tigers refusing to transfer the game this weekend from Leichart to Aussie Stadium. Souths are cut because fans getting from Rozelle to Leichart will be hard and fans will be locked out of the game and all that shit. I lol'd. It wouldnt matter if the souths were playing like shit...but all the sudden they can play fooseballz and oh noze teh rebbets has fans again.

Fucking dickheads whinging about something set instone monthes ago.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Mc_Meaney said:
I wouldnt say that the Rabbits are an easy team...sure they aren't an A Typical Melbourne, but they are still performing pretty well.
I wouldn't say that Souths are an easy team in comparison to everyone else this year... but they do have massive problems scoring points.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i definitely dont want the doggies to win the gf...id rather storm to win it if thats the case.
ill be cheering for the eels to win

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jemsta said:
i definitely dont want the doggies to win the gf...id rather storm to win it if thats the case.
ill be cheering for the eels to win
I want a Sydney team to win. If Melbourne wins people consider it as justification for having a team down there. Same goes for NZ.

RandomTomGuy90

HSC
As a Newcastle supporter in a league that is rarely consistent i was optimistic, until we went on a massive 8 week losing streak. Tought times for the boys, i feel heaps sorry for Kirky Renoldson he should be played regardless of contract reasons because he's good. Buderus is our only hope of success in the next few seasons, it was a shame joey got injured early because like him or not he didnt bring alot to the game. I hate Brian Smith, he messed St. George up, then Parramatta and now he's at Newcastle.

I say ditch Smith and get Joey as coach, because halves make the best coaches, especially young/recently retired ones who know the modern game. Eg. Freddy, Jason Taylor.

Also, does anyone watch Souths Side Story? pretty cool i liked it, i hope Souths go well because their loyal fans deserve it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
man you are pretty short-sighted, some of the comments you make, you have to look further down the line. buderus is not the 'only hope' for newcastle in the next few seasons, what about kurt gidley, steve simpson, jarrod mullen, and a few of the imports? as good as buderus is, he is nowhere near andrew johns in terms of a head above everyone else. you cannot expect buderus to win games for the knights week in week out, but you can with johns, and i think that's what makes johns such a great player.

kirk reynoldson is very unlucky to be dropped, clearly because the knights admin doesn't want to sign him for $200k, but i do agree that he should be playing regardless, especially in times of adversity. but i am sure you'd agree, that bloke is not worth $200k and i think the knights will retain him, but for a lesser amount.

and with smith, he sure made himself public enemy no.1 with every knights fan. but as experienced as he is, i think you can count on him to pull something out of his ass next season. probably not premiership winning stuff, but definitely better than this season.

ps. how can you back anyone else but the storm to win the gf?

SyCoTiC

HSC
HotShot said:
Broncos will have a struggle. .

The Tigers have it easy - Rabbits & Newcastle...

Warriors - have manly & penrith

Titans - have sharks & Storm

Nth Qld - have New & Dogs

Broncos - have raiders & Parra

Rabbits - have Tigers & Roosters

Of them all Parra have it easiest with Dragons & Broncos. This will be long time since Broncos have not been in the top 8.
Broncos gave the Dogs a run for their money missing half their regular line up. Hunt is a possibility to return this week, allowing Hodges to return to centres and this will be further boosted by Hannant back in the starting front row along with Petero. Ennis is marked to return against the Eels as well and if the Broncos are to make it into the top 8, Berrigan is a certain to play in the first week of the finals. I think teams will be looking behind their backs at the Broncos more than you think with the amount of talent and potential they boast and this is not just from a Broncos' point of view. Any opposition supporters who look at that likelihood are kidding themselves when they say they don't have some sort of fear if the Broncos are to gain their stars back.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Broncos gave the Dogs a run for their money missing half their regular line up. Hunt is a possibility to return this week, allowing Hodges to return to centres and this will be further boosted by Hannant back in the starting front row along with Petero. Ennis is marked to return against the Eels as well and if the Broncos are to make it into the top 8, Berrigan is a certain to play in the first week of the finals. I think teams will be looking behind their backs at the Broncos more than you think with the amount of talent and potential they boast and this is not just from a Broncos' point of view. Any opposition supporters who look at that likelihood are kidding themselves when they say they don't have some sort of fear if the Broncos are to gain their stars back.

Mate, Broncos have only really won games this season with Lockyer playing. I mean if they put him on the field - just let him stand here -the Broncos chances of winning significantly goes up.

Without him, I think the likes of Hodges, Kunt, Berrigan etc have underperformed this season. Really Broncos should have secured at top 4 spot this season - with the kind of talent they boast - but they havent, players are returning from injury - there is no way one can expect them to all of sudden to start winning games. Even if do they make it top 8 - they will squeeze what - 7th or 8th? tough man.

The Broncos are heavily overrate imo, especially when Lockyer isnt playing.

SyCoTiC

HSC
True when you say that Lockyer doesn't play, Broncos' chances of winning aren't particularly great. However, under what basis are you saying they're over rated? The only players you've named that has underperformed would be Berrigan and he's made a niche of himself in the latter part of the season IN PARTICULAR when Lockyer was out to prove that he is a genuine superstar in the game. Hodges has been having a knee niggle injury since the beginning of the season and has played in fullback position since Hunt's absence and if you think Hunt has underperformed, you really haven't watched enough Broncos games to be honest because time and time again he has proven that he is the first choice fullback in the NRL.

What has let me down is the Broncos' style of play and that was a one-off crash and bash that Bennett was employing at the onset of the season. You saw that once they turned it around that after throwing the ball a bit more they looked a lot more dangerous.

There is no 'should' in football because of the professionalism and how tough the competition is in contemporary society. I can think of a number of ways as to why they can start winning games again and if you watched the Dogs game last week then you would know that they are very much capable of it. I further back up their chances of at least making a threat with the return of Ennis, Hannant, Hunt and Berrigan.

I have not seen one time where the Broncs have been blown off the park and with a lot more attacking options returning to the squad they are able to put a lot more scoreboard pressure than in previous weeks. They stuck it to Manly, Melbourne and Parra missing half their starting line up. I take offence to the fact that you say there is 'no way' that you can expect them to win games. Teams with a lot less talent are still able to string wins together and I don't see why we can't ourselves.

HSC
it's not just the lack of lockyer. there's also tate, hunt, berrigan, and i'm sure there's more, but there's some players in key positions right there.

el gwapo

HSC
You can't properly rate the Broncos missing their fullback, five-eigth and captain and hooker. Their usual fluency in attack has gone away; they're fortunate somewhat that they're clinging on to the top 8, look at the Sharkies, with Kimmorley, Bird and Dykes missing for long terms they suffered badly.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
how close was it, nearly gone into extra time.

knights are easily the worst team in the comp at the moment, no doubt, and that really shows how injury affects teams. in modern day footy, half of the time its about keeping your players off the injury list, then you can get on a roll.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha panthers beat the roosters
looks assured that the knights get the coveted wooden spoon

HSC
Well, I can't really complain... at least we're not getting the spoon. :eek:

Oh, I'm going to Roosters territory (Bondi) tomorrow, should be good. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)