2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
frogetc said:
- Failure to address Sydney’s road transport issues - Spit/ Military Road, Parramatta Road, Victoria Road, the M4, the M5 - Sydney’s most popular carparks. Instead we have a user pays road system, despite a 1995 pledge to make Sydney toll free..
Lol. There's a problem, but it's not entirely the current governments fault. Perhaps if both governments worked together instead of chopping at each other at various opportunities, shifting blame and acting like a bunch of retarded douchebags then something could have been done about it. Howards more at fault there than Carr/Iemma by the way. Nope, maybe if the Howard government had given a bit more money to a state government that is clearly in recession, then they could have spent it in a wise way.

"Oh! Oh! But Neb", I hear you jackoffs say, "It's the current governments fault! Who gives a fuck. Stop playing the blame game and do something about it for Christ's sake. It should be evident to all but the most fucking stupid partisan retard that the state government is trying to do something to unclog the rail system. Blame the governments prior for not securing any possible rail links into the north shore. Blame the government current for not using the little corridor they've got leading into the Baulkum Hills district, but at the very least give them credit for initiating this clearways project far before this election ever came into play.

What has Debnam suggested? Jack shit. His only suggestion so far has been to increase express services ON LINES THAT CAN'T HANDLE THEM. Yes, the state government is working to make the lines able to handle them, but at the very least they've got a damn clue about how the transport system works. What can Debnam and his Liberal swoons do? Absolutely nothing except dilly dally around with suggestions that aren't currently feasible.

I've seen the clearways project get under way, and considering how little the state government has to work with I think that they're doing a semi-admirable job. There's more to do, there's a lot more they should have done under Carr's leadership but at the very least they're trying and they have a knowledge of how these things work.

Hey, I was talking about Howard before. Yes, he should have promoted a national campaign of advocating public transport, instead he acts like a jerkoff doing nothing about it. That brings me to...

- Failure to adequately invest in public transport - train fares increased by 31%, 1500+ fewer bus services, 400+ fewer train services
Lol. Aren't you one of those economic realist douchebags? You know, the ones that actually promote rising train fares? Once more, perhaps some of that massive surplus should have headed into this direction instead of being spent of frivilous toys such as helicopters, and vice presidential visits.

- Failure to adequately invest in infrastructure in the face of steady population growth
Agreed. They should have done more. Once again though, at least they know what to do and have an idea about what to do. Unlike the Liberals who have no idea how much any of their bullshit plans will cost, nor of how a rail system actually works. Has Debnam ever caught a train? It's lonely living in Vaucluse.

- Failure to address Sydney’s water supply issues
Indeed, and recycled water would be a better idea than desalination, although I'd prefer both working in tandem. Still...we're over populated and having a tresurer telling us to continue to grow in what is obviously an over populated country/city isn't a very wise thing to do.

- Failure to commit to land release to reduce the housing affordability issues plaguing Sydney
Lol, hypocrite. land release = increased water use.

- Failure to invest and improve health services, instead doctoring and altering measurement standards, centralising decision making (in the face of a commitment to halve waiting lists)
I think you may have been tricked into believing all the hype, but yeah, it could be better.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:
i hope for your sake your being sarcastic
He is.

It has been stated many times over a period of 4years all the retiring beauracrats will not be rehired. I hope he starts with Ken moroney as the first out of 20,000.... Optophobia is a communist.
Yeah .. well more of a pinko-commie ..

kokodamonkey

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Lol. There's a problem, but it's not entirely the current governments fault. Perhaps if both governments worked together instead of chopping at each other at various opportunities, shifting blame and acting like a bunch of retarded douchebags then something could have been done about it. Howards more at fault there than Carr/Iemma by the way. Nope, maybe if the Howard government had given a bit more money to a state government that is clearly in recession, then they could have spent it in a wise way.
hmm yeah. lets see. firstly. Transport ,roads etc is STATE control not federal. so
1.) no it is not howards responsibility. stop blaming him you damn commie.
2.) Howard has other things to worry about, there is more then just NSW that makes up australia.
Stop giving me any of this Oh Theyve only been able to do X in the past year. they've had 12years. They are aflops. get rid of them. Maybe if The Labour State govt didnt shove property taxes etc up ppl's ass's thered be no recession. Think about that one aye?
Nebuchanezzar said:
"Oh! Oh! But Neb", I hear you jackoffs say, "It's the current governments fault! Who gives a fuck. Stop playing the blame game and do something about it for Christ's sake.
we are. by getting everyone to vote for their local Liberal/National Member come Election day.

Nebuchanezzar said:
It should be evident to all but the most fucking stupid partisan retard that the state government is trying to do something to unclog the rail system.
If you mean "try" in teh sense of a 2yr old tries to lift a 20kg bag, falls over and hurts themself, then sure, its evident the state government has been trying to do something about the rail system.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Blame the governments prior for not securing any possible rail links into the north shore.
Im sure 20years ago it was not necessary. however for the past12years it has been. and they've done nothing.
Nebuchanezzar said:
What has Debnam suggested? Jack shit.
Last time anyone checked his opposition has been the one to release the most policies then any other oposition has ever done. so stfu.

Nebuchanezzar said:
What can Debnam and his Liberal swoons do?
alot more then your buddies are doing.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Absolutely nothing except dilly dally around with suggestions that aren't currently feasible.
sounds like a labour caucas meeting.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Hey, I was talking about Howard before. Yes, he should have promoted a national campaign of advocating public transport, instead he acts like a jerkoff doing nothing about it.
What, so we can get smear campaigns started about canberra trying to take control of everything? Just like with water and education...

Magicana

HSC
Oh snap you communist.

Nice reference to the Ancient Babylonian warlord - pity you cant sweep your enemies out of the way so easily.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm really curious as to how the ALP gets away with making such slanderous statements re: the public service cuts.

kokodamonkey

HSC
withoutaface said:
I'm really curious as to how the ALP gets away with making such slanderous statements re: the public service cuts.
because coalition doesnt have trade union communist slash funds to put up counter ads

HSC
Adding the word 'communist' to every statement you make does not make your statement any more correct.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Very sad politicians? People that think they'll be bale to influence the dangerously swinging opinions of politics forums. Lol, what's more is who on earth would try to imitate Peter Debnam anyway? Go back to Vaucluse, faggot.

kokoda pretentious faggot naming himself after a war battle said:
hmm yeah. lets see. firstly. Transport ,roads etc is STATE control not federal. so
1.) no it is not howards responsibility. stop blaming him you damn commie.
Lol. I blamed him for not giving enough money to improve things. Once again, he has a 13 billion dollar surplus. I'd love to see some of that injected into public transport, no matter who the government in power is at the state level. Good job, partisian retard.

2.) Howard has other things to worry about, there is more then just NSW that makes up australia.
Ok, that's fine. I still don't think that's a valid excuse, I mean, public transport is pretty important. With it, you decreasepetrol consumption, pollution and gridlock. Certainly a lot more important than say, fridge magnets or faulty helicopters.

Stop giving me any of this Oh Theyve only been able to do X in the past year. they've had 12years. They are aflops. get rid of them. Maybe if The Labour State govt didnt shove property taxes etc up ppl's ass's thered be no recession. Think about that one aye?
Labor.

If you mean "try" in teh sense of a 2yr old tries to lift a 20kg bag, falls over and hurts themself, then sure, its evident the state government has been trying to do something about the rail system.
Evidently you don't use public transport. I'm on the Campbelltown line and see preparations for an extension of the express service (Redfern-C'town express all day long. Oh yeah) every day. So you know, die.

Im sure 20years ago it was not necessary. however for the past12years it has been. and they've done nothing.
Lol, 20 years ago it was as nessecary to plan ahead as it's ever been. But yes, state labor should have done a lot more. They're not getting my vote at the state election, but I do recognise that they've got more of an idea about these things than Debnam and crew does, so I certainly won't be voting liberal.

Last time anyone checked his opposition has been the one to release the most policies then any other oposition has ever done. so stfu.
Lol, and they've got no idea how much they're going to cost.

Carlton: How much will this cost?
Debnam: Duuur
Carlton: How much will it cost?
Debnam: I uh, don't have that in front of me...

Debnam and his crew of buffoons loses. They've got ideas but they're got no idea how much they'll cost.

sounds like a labour caucas meeting.
labor

What, so we can get smear campaigns started about canberra trying to take control of everything? Just like with water and education...
No, once again you completely missed the point. What we should have had is a government committed to doing something about pollution, gridlock and global warming. Labor smartened up a long time before Howard did. But once again, who cares. Let's see something done about it now. Perhaps some money going toward public transport?

In conclusion, die.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Exphate said:
Milton Orkopolis (spelling?)
Orkopoulos. Why is that a failure of the Iemma government? He was (allegedly, since I don't believe he's yet been convicted) a criminal, but that's got nothing to do with NSW Labor.

Exphate said:
Wasting our fucking money on dodgy "we're sorry for being so fucking shit" ads.
I agree. Hate that practice. However, it's not new, nor is it exclusive to NSW Labor. (Remember 'Strengthening Medicare'? Or, for that matter, the ones about the Keating IR reforms, the name of which I cannot remember?)

kokodamonkey said:
Maybe if The Labour State govt didnt shove property taxes etc up ppl's ass's thered be no recession. Think about that one aye?
There is no recession in NSW. The most recent growth figures were actually some of the healthiest we've seen in a while, I believe.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Triangulum said:
There is no recession in NSW. The most recent growth figures were actually some of the healthiest we've seen in a while, I believe.
That's more a reflection on how bad it's been the last "while" than how "good" it is now.

Election prediction: Liberals will pick up Hawkesbury (from Pringle, so not a real pick up) and Pittwater (which they should've kept anyway), won't pick up any ALP seats, but the ALP might lose a couple to independents. Greens won't get anything because after the drugs thing, Liberals in Balmain and Marrickville will either preference ALP or not preference anyone at all (the latter being what is recommended on the HTV's). There will be no hung parliament, and Labor will continue to destroy the state for another 4 years, by which time I hope the Coalition have a charismatic leader who gels well with the community.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I get the feeling that ALP might lose my beloved home seat of Camden. I hope they do. After 12 years, it's time for a change.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Neb, there's a little thing called federalism. You can attempt to implicate the Howard Government somehow into the administration of New South Wales, but it is just fanciful rhetoric.

Somehow every problem that exists in this world is somehow John Howards fault in the eyes of the Mike Carlton esque individuals out there.

The New South Wales government is elected to administer and manage the delivery of services and infrastructure in this state; the key role of state government. It is NOT the Federal Governmments responsiblity and never has been, and your suggestion that the Commonwealth should intervene in the public transport system is the most ignorant piece of drivel on this forum. Under the tax reforms of this Federal Government, state governments have had record levels of revenue and have treated it with disdain. Then they have the hide to attempt to criticise and implicate the Commonwealth for failing to assist in the delivery and administration of the services they are elected to provide.

It's a good thing we're producing teachers who not only understand the workings of our federal structure, but who have such a grasp of the responsibility of the very government that they are employed by. Heaven forbid if you are ever teaching my child one day...

HSC
This past week i notice that alot of 'Vote Labor' posters or lil boards that get stuck in front of people's property are vandalised with 'f*ck labor' 'devils' 'morons' down with labor' and scribbles on their faces, like devil horns sticking out. Have to admit this state government is not popular. Anyone encounted with this kind of stuff? I've seen alot lately on Labor candidates.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Very sad politicians? People that think they'll be bale to influence the dangerously swinging opinions of politics forums. Lol, what's more is who on earth would try to imitate Peter Debnam anyway? Go back to Vaucluse, faggot.
go back to mt druit.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Lol. I blamed him for not giving enough money to improve things. Once again, he has a 13 billion dollar surplus. I'd love to see some of that injected into public transport, no matter who the government in power is at the state level. Good job, partisian retard.
federal taxes that we pay, i.e. income tax. go towards federal things. i.e.. defence. state taxes (for example stamp duty) go to state things, i.e. transport.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Ok, that's fine. I still don't think that's a valid excuse, I mean, public transport is pretty important. With it, you decreasepetrol consumption, pollution and gridlock. Certainly a lot more important than say, fridge magnets or faulty helicopters.
Yeah well i dont think Morris Dilemma is a valid politician but theres not much i can do about that.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Im sorry. your right. I keep saying labour as thats how its spelt in australia etc. sorry for confusing labour with australian labor party... Sorry to confuse labour (i.e. someone doing some fucken work) with the alp. cause they do nothing.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Evidently you don't use public transport. I'm on the Campbelltown line and see preparations for an extension of the express service (Redfern-C'town express all day long. Oh yeah) every day. So you know, die.
no i do not use public transport. when there is a public transport system that is reliable, maybe then i would consider it.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Lol, 20 years ago it was as nessecary to plan ahead as it's ever been. But yes, state labor should have done a lot more. They're not getting my vote at the state election, but I do recognise that they've got more of an idea about these things than Debnam and crew does, so I certainly won't be voting liberal.
well i hope you dont vote greens then.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Lol, and they've got no idea how much they're going to cost.

Carlton: How much will this cost?
Debnam: Duuur
Carlton: How much will it cost?
Debnam: I uh, don't have that in front of me...

Debnam and his crew of buffoons loses. They've got ideas but they're got no idea how much they'll cost.
Sorry didnt realise he had to keep his trillion policy's infront of him because remember they have quite a lot of policies. however lets take umm i think its michael costa thats the current treasure? (cant remember coz they are all hopeless and keep playing musical chairs i mean musical portfolios). And he was talking with... steve price on 2ue. and he didnt know what the brackets were for certaint taxes. and hes currently in the job. and then i think it was about 5mins later he brought out the race card..

Nebuchanezzar said:
No, once again you completely missed the point. What we should have had is a government committed to doing something about pollution, gridlock and global warming. Labor smartened up a long time before Howard did. But once again, who cares. Let's see something done about it now. Perhaps some money going toward public transport?

In conclusion, die.
Why should howard give them money. its like how we thought 20-30years ago the aboriginals were capable of self governing, we chucked money at them, they wasted it.. same thing would happen today if howard was to give dilemma more money... thats why howard is smart. he learns from history. i love u 2.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Actually the federal government allocates a certain amount of money to the states on top of the income they generate through things like stamp duty.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I think the Liberals are gonna lose Epping, since everyone hates the candidate who is some far right pro-life retard. A lot of people angry after he went doorknocking in the early morning when they were still in pyjamas around North Epping.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
ihavenothing said:
I think the Liberals are gonna lose Epping, since everyone hates the candidate who is some far right pro-life retard. A lot of people angry after he went doorknocking in the early morning when they were still in pyjamas around North Epping.
Serious? Why would he do that?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It'd take a 7% swing for Labor to win Epping, which seems unlikely.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Large swings are easier in state seats, and it has been done before under Neville Wran, plus with the dissatisfaction of the current Opposition and the departure of Andrew Tink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)