• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Judging on this season yes, fucking oath. On a whole no, and I did not say that once, if my post is read correctly!!

Charizard

HSC
I know what you said. MY point is even if he plays at the standard he is now for another year or 2 their is still basically no chance hed be considered top 5, when you consider how many great players play in the midfield, he would be lucky to be scratching at 10.

You just have this stupid liverpool bias, which shits me, as its usually an indicator of people who know fuck all about football. E.g like morons you meet on the street

"beckams the best player in the world!!"

Charizard

HSC
Would have been 7-1?

Can't use altitude as an excuse for a five goal defeat when your squad is that talented.
I'm sure not even maradon uses that as a excuse to pardon himself. No doubt it has a serious effect though, seeing as not long ago they banned teams from playing at that altitude but unbanned it for some reason from memory.

It seems pretty reasonable to assume if you didnt cope well with the lack of oxygen you could easily get pumped due to fatigue.

That said, 6-1 verse one of south america's lesser teams is always unacceptable as argentina.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Would have been 7-1?

Can't use altitude as an excuse for a five goal defeat when your squad is that talented.
Lucho's goal had something to do with the altitude, otherwise the keeper would've saved it with ease. It's a goalkeeping error nonetheless. But my god what a spanking by one of the most talented squads in the world.

And yes I do agree that Alonso is up there as one of the best midfielders in the world. His performances for Spain and Liverpool speaks for itself, however hard it is for me to say it.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
tbh, bolivia's homeground could have been in space, either way, 6-1 is a smacking.

dont tell me argentina where unaware of this 'altitude problem' earlier, if diego maradona even deems it to be a problem.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I know what you said. MY point is even if he plays at the standard he is now for another year or 2 their is still basically no chance hed be considered top 5, when you consider how many great players play in the midfield, he would be lucky to be scratching at 10.

You just have this stupid liverpool bias, which shits me, as its usually an indicator of people who know fuck all about football. E.g like morons you meet on the street

"beckams the best player in the world!!"
lol the same people who when you ask "so, what football team do you support?" they reply with:
''i dont really follow soccer much, but i guess i just go for brazil".

08er

HSC
gerrard and kuyt just signed new contracts. good move by benetiz imo, perfect time to boost the team after interntionals break

kuytbird

HSC
the guy doesnt know when to stop running, gotta give him that.

rafalution

HSC
kuyt looks so cumbersome with ball at feet.
One of Liverpool's most important players in the squad. Gives balance, runs all day and puts fullbacks under pressure. Pops up with a decent goal return as well.

BTW... Ronaldo linked with Real Madrid again.... Yawn...

HSC
would love to see what you scousers think of kuyt once you see liverpool without him. won't be so keen to knock him then.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i am not 'knocking' him.

I am making the statement that kuyt looks aesthetically vomitworthy when he's dribbling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)