2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
hahaha ofcourse i enjoy when foster praises arsenal, it wouldn't make sense not too,
similarly, you'd probably lick robbie slater's feet any chance you'd get.

it's not a matter of necessity... liverpool don't need 6 fullbacks, but hey, we'll leave that for the tellytubby to decide.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Craig Foster knows more about football than Robbie Slater. I feel sorry for Simon Hill who has to sit next to Slater and Bosnich, both of them are terrible.

Let Fozzie enjoy his moment for now, because I too admit, that this Barcelona team is the greatest team ever. I thought the team that won the Champions League in 2006 was great, but the current side complete shits over the previous one, even with Ronaldinho at his very best.

Charizard

HSC
Greatest team ever ? They've only won one treble?

I'm sure foster knows a lot but as someone said before, it's his inability to not mention the fucking words of BARCELONA or ARSENAL or GOOD TECHNICALLY.

I mean, at least you get the impression Slater doesn't take himself too seriously and gives credit where its due, but when les and fozzie team up all you can expect is grim faces if the teams dont play a 2-2-6 or some other ridiculous attacking formation.

'THIS IS THE FA CUP FINAL, ITS THE PLACE TO SHOWCASE YOUR ATTACKING TALENTS' no you cunt, it's the place to make sure you fucking win.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
And how many teams have won multiple trebles? None that I can think of. I don't even think the Cruyff-led Ajax has won the treble more than once.

Barcelona was unstoppable in Spain. They were the best team in Europe, dispatching the reigning champions with ease, played the best football possible. Only Chelsea went close to beating them with negative tactics. However this time, football won, and on one of the rare occasions football was the winner. Can't really complain.

They're the best team ever because of Xavi and Iniesta. There's no equivalent to those two in world football atm, or the past 20 years. Add Messi to the team and yes, you do have the greatest team ever. Even if you don't agree, it's the greatest Barcelona team ever. And that's quite a statement.

hoecake

HSC
fuck liverpool, they are shite, wont wiin anything anytime soon - fahct

that is all

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Why the fuck do semi-decent but overrated players (Barry, Given) really want to go to City? Ok, so maybe Given was deserting a sinking ship, but unless City really spend wisely how are they going to finish above Villa unless they make absolutely no signings?

Re: Ancelotti. Watch this crash and burn. He a) knows nothing about player ability (exhibit a - Henry at Juventus, exhibit b - Gourcuff at Milan and b) plays boring, defensive football as his plan A. Guus has almost made Chelsea liked again - no small feat. I reckon Guus will be back at Stamford Bridge in some capacity by November after qualification has finished.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
so, season has come to a close, new thread to discuss the upcoming season maybe?

shall we have just one general football thread as opposed to having an epl, carling cup, uefa champions league etc... thread?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
That's what the Football Thread was for. But then everyone started posting in here.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
ancelotti is so shit

watch him try and implement the christmas tree to massive fail

Charizard

HSC
And how many teams have won multiple trebles? None that I can think of. I don't even think the Cruyff-led Ajax has won the treble more than once.

Barcelona was unstoppable in Spain. They were the best team in Europe, dispatching the reigning champions with ease, played the best football possible. Only Chelsea went close to beating them with negative tactics. However this time, football won, and on one of the rare occasions football was the winner. Can't really complain.

They're the best team ever because of Xavi and Iniesta. There's no equivalent to those two in world football atm, or the past 20 years. Add Messi to the team and yes, you do have the greatest team ever. Even if you don't agree, it's the greatest Barcelona team ever. And that's quite a statement.

Some of them may not have won the treble, but i dare say that a lot of them at least dominated domestically for the periods where they won the treble.

Barcelona were woeful last year considering, then this year won 2 cups in the worlds 2nd or 3rd best league, and were it not for terrible refereeing wouldn't have even made it to the final.

If they'd be knocked out in the semi final which they should have been, would you still be saying they are the greatest team ever?

no.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
lol Foster failed as a footballer to begin with, and now his giving us lectures on how to play 2-2-6 formation football - pff what a guy....

Roy9

HSC
Does anybody know if the Federations Cup is going to be televised on fox or SBS?

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i think you mean confederations cup and not women's tennis shit attempt at the davis cup.

they used to, i'm not to sure if they do now though. they'll most likely broadcast the final and anything else they deem 'watchworthy'.

Roy9

HSC
More Basheer commentary and more Craig Foster analysis? :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)