2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
wuddie said:
is that your opinion or an actual fact? if the latter, send us some proof. would i be penalised if my fullback wore a no.10 or no.13?

i don't know how you can deny that no.17 is generally reserved for an utility. go look through the weekend's teams and their players list, then come back.
From the ARL Laws of the Game:

Number and Naming of Players

For ease of identification, players’ clothing must bear the numbers 1 to 13 with additional numbers for the substitutes. The numbers relate to the positions
of the players in their respective teams, these positions being referred to by name and number as set out hereunder.
Backs Forwards
(1) Full Back (8) Prop
(2) Right Wing Threequarter (9) Hooker
(3) Right Centre Threequarter (10) Front Row Forward
(4) Left Centre Threequarter (11) Second Row Forward
(5) Left Wing Threequarter (12) Second Row Forward
(6) Stand-off Half or Five-eighth (13) Lock Forward
(7) Scrum Half

----
You can name whatever team you want, ie Roosters can name Minichiello at prop and still have him playing fullback during the actual game.

The number 17s from Round 7:
Beau Scott
James Aubusson
David Taylor
Jaiman Lowe
Mark Bryant
Gary Warburton (actually named number 19, unless Big League had a typo)
Dayne Weston
Clifford Manua
Brenton Bowen
Wairangi Koopu
So that's 2 utilities from 10.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
alright, i guess you were right. but i still standby my conventional numbering of the benchies. even though there's no set system,

what if i threw on a no.8 jersey and played fullback, am i going to be penalised or told to get off?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
what a game from the city and country reps, that was just as good as a soo match in my books. low error count, great attacking plays, solid defence. the players should take pride in the justifying draw. pearce did pretty good for a debutant, calm under pressure, i am convinced he is an origin player in the making.

on another note, if anthony laffranchi isn't running on for nsw, there is something with the selectors and we need to get new ones, the whole lot.

Muz4PM

HSC
I didn't get to catch all of the game last night, although a result would have been good, a draw was probably a fitting result, given the struggle. I guess it then bifs the question, should it have gone to golden point?

I must say, credit to Craig Fitzgibbon, moving from the backrow to the front row to ensure Laffranchi got to play in his favoured position.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
knights upset the titans, eels too good for the panthers. i thought the knights should have ran away with it, but some errors in attack held them back.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
the rabbitohs won something, finally. they have a bye next week and then canberra, so that will be a test of whether this is a sign that their troubles are over or just a flash in the pan.

do we know when craig wing will be back?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, all you souths supporters, there you go.

raiders went down against the warriors. it was a gutsy effort tho, unlucky i guess.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
should be a closer game tonight, now that thurston and lockyer are out and the team is basically made up of melb storms. nz also got bennett and kearney coaching them, i expect a good game.

we can call it 'melb storms feat. the australian test team'.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
should be a closer game tonight, now that thurston and lockyer are out and the team is basically made up of melb storms. nz also got bennett and kearney coaching them, i expect a good game.

we can call it 'melb storms feat. the australian test team'.
Thurston is playing.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23670165-23214,00.html

Melbourne look good in blue and maroon. :D

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
historykidd said:
nice work on deleting my post, wuddie.

my point stands matey
post it up at the football forum, no one cares here, the same as i don't care what you post over there.

i'd thought princey would have got the call-up ahead of cronk anyway, he is playing out of his skin at the moment. if princey doesn't get to play for aust now, he may not get to play, ever.

ledzeppelin

HSC
NSW Origin Team

Stewart
Hayne
Gasnier
Cooper
Quinn
Bird
Wallace

White
Buderus
Cross
Hoffman
Mason
Gallen

Laffranchi
Tupou
Fitzgibbon
Hornby

ledzeppelin

HSC
QLD

Slater
Tate
Inglis
Hodges
Folau
Hunt
Thurston

Webb
Smith
Civoniceva
Crocker
Thaiday
Johnson

Marsh
Hannant
Myles
Lillyman

ledzeppelin

HSC
At first I honestly couldn't believe that QLD would pick Hunt at 6 ahead of Prince.
Given the rest of that backline, and with Smith at hooker, I'm sure Khunt will do a fair job, but Scott Prince must be pretty pissed off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)