2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
JFK said:
A lock playing five-eighth with an origin debutante = QLD Insta-Victory
I'd be happy with Bird at stand-off if we had a first-rate halfback, but sadly, with the combination they picked, I don't think the team is going to have enough points in it.
I think Anasta at 6 with Bird at lock would have given the team a better balance.

ledzeppelin

HSC
JFK said:
I agree. Luckily he's playing next to arguably the best halfback (player) in the world.
Best halfback, yes
Best player, in my opinion - no. Cam Smith and SBW for me

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Can't believe Anasta didn't get picked. He's been amazing this season.

Muz4PM

HSC
Bird > Hunt at Number 6. However, I agree with above posters, why wasn't Anasta picked for NSW and Prince for QLD? Sure Price may have acted as another halfback, but he has played at five-eighth before, he knows the drill.

Had a laugh at the NSW selectors, they said Anasta was not picked because Bird is the current Australian five-eight. On that same logic, one must ask, where is Kite for NSW?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
is there anything more we can to make a qld victory easier? anasta not playing, but peter wallace the inexperienced playing in a must-win game. bird is playing 5/8 to accommodate gallen at lock. it is always like a surprise package with the selectors.

i really don't see how nsw will win this one. last night laurey daley said nsw will try going through the ruck and avoid an expansive game. i can't see brett white and co bashing the qld pack, or brett stewart making a line break from nothing and beat billy slater to the line.

now all we can do is sit and pray that there is a god.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
WTFF 1 EELS PLAYER IN NSW... himarsh, a rookie over our half back finch...mehh its some fcked up selection though kinda good 4 the eels club footy wise but you can kinda see the selection suits belemy(fck dont know how 2 spell it melbournes coach) nsw coach style of playing footy i dont know what do you guys reckon

ledzeppelin

HSC
blakegman said:
parra have been largely aweful this year.
And couldn't match the Roosters tonight :D
Fuck Pearce and Anasta are awesome
Please don't pick them NSW

ledzeppelin

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Um, dude. Origin 1 teams were already picked before last nights matches.
I'm somewhat aware of that
I meant for the last two games in the series

blakegman

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Also have to mention, that both players are really, really shit.
Anasta has been far and away the best 5/8 this year. And pearce has been quality so far too.

While pearce shouldn't have been picked, it's kind of laughable that Anasta hasn't.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Because he is one of the pure 5/8ths as oppose to being some centre style player thrown into 5/8th?

But you're probably right, he probably should've been picked. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's shit.
I would think being one of the better 5/8's in the league since last year would elevate a player above 'shit' status. Most people are still stuck onto the notion that hes overrated ever since that player's poll that was 4 years ago.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Because he is one of the pure 5/8ths as oppose to being some centre style player thrown into 5/8th?

But you're probably right, he probably should've been picked. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's shit.
while anasta isn't the best player normally, he has been outstanding since the start of the year. whereas scott prince still has ages to go and you can see him improve in the future, i can't see anasta playing better than he is at the moment. so if nsw turns him down, he has every right to feel snubbed.

in fact, i would have been ok with him playing 5/8 for aust in the last test.

Trajan

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm just a casual league fan here.

I just wanted to know if the Bulldogs have a real chance to get the Wooden Spoon this year.

I am so hoping they do.....

Thanks.

Trajan

HSC
ok, so the bUlldogs are looking good for 2nd last or 3rd lst?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Trajan said:
ok, so the bUlldogs are looking good for 2nd last or 3rd lst?
doubt it. i reckon 10th-12th at this stage although they have the capacity to improve a bit. theyre struggling this year with the loss of a number of key players but theyre not at the level of epic shitness that would have them right down at the bottom of the ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)