• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 NRL Premiership (4 Viewers)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
cam smith charged for the grapple tackle on thaiday. he has carryover points from round four, so even if he pleads guilty he'll be banned for the next two matches. so in other words, he's out of the finals unless he fights the charge and is found not guilty.

i'm temporarily becoming a sharks supporter this weekend, time to knock the grubs out.

Mozza91

HSC
Triangulum said:
cam smith charged for the grapple tackle on thaiday. he has carryover points from round four, so even if he pleads guilty he'll be banned for the next two matches. so in other words, he's out of the finals unless he fights the charge and is found not guilty.
The club will pay the NRL out like the Roosters did with Brett Finch in 04
If he gets suspended the Sharks will win comfortably if he plays the Storm will just win

Mozza91

HSC
the-derivative said:
I want Smith gone!
I don't want the Storm to win another grand final.
If he plays I'm pretty sure they'll win it, the Broncos were their biggest threat and now they're gone the Storm should win it
But the Knights completly deserved to win it :lol:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Exphate said:
Both Smiths will be found guilty and suspended for 2 games, thus (it is hoped by the NRL) reducing their chances of winning the premiership to zero.
As much as the media push it, and everyone seems naive enough to believe, the Storm aren't a 'one man team'.

I'd say they're probably the team that's the furthest from that label really. It would be a lot harder for them to win, but I think it's jumping the gun by saying they won't win without him.

Twas a nothing tackle anyway. Tallis (who is strongly against anyone using 'grapples' and those wrestling tactic) came out and said that it was ridiculous that this is being blown up in the media. Phil Gould, Matt Johns all said the same as well.

<3 Tall poppy syndrome. :)

Article by Tallis

Mozza91

HSC
They're both Illegal tackles from what I've heard more people are complaining about the carry-over points as opposed to the actual charge

ledzeppelin

HSC
Thank god Smith was suspended. I so hope Cronulla roll them
Anyone going to either of the games on the weekend?
I'm heading out to the Warriors match, hopefully they can continue their finals run

Mozza91

HSC
wuddie said:
cameron smith out of prelim final, which is the correct decision in my opinion. the nrl cannot excuse one player merely because he is a star and its the prelim. maybe melb can learn from that and stop that grapple rubbish.
I doubt it all thhis grappling and wrestling shit is the cornerstone of their success,I'm glad he got suspended he's an overrated piece of shit

blue_chameleon

HSC
wuddie said:
cameron smith out of prelim final, which is the correct decision in my opinion. the nrl cannot excuse one player merely because he is a star and its the prelim. maybe melb can learn from that and stop that grapple rubbish.
Totally agree, totally agree.

Of course Melbourne are the only guys that are using Grapple Tackles. :rolleyes:

Charizard

HSC
LOL incoming Sharks choke.

Fucking hilarious seeing this epically fail of a team and club setting themself up for one of the funniest moments in NRL history when the sharks crash out.

Mozza91

HSC
Charizard said:
LOL incoming Sharks choke.

Fucking hilarious seeing this epically fail of a team and club setting themself up for one of the funniest moments in NRL history when the sharks crash out.
sharks don't choke they're so shit they normally don't even get into the position to choke,they will win this week though and get dominated by Manly in the GF

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Of course Melbourne are the only guys that are using Grapple Tackles. :rolleyes:
no one said melb is the only team guilty of grapple tackles, but they are the ones reknown for it and the evidence is there, so they should cut that out of their game - as should the other teams. sharks had a few players grappling last week, after the telegraph made an article out of it, i reckon the refs will look closely at every tackle. expect a few penalties to be blown for grapple tackles.

blue_chameleon

HSC
wuddie said:
no one said melb is the only team guilty of grapple tackles, but they are the ones reknown for it and the evidence is there, so they should cut that out of their game - as should the other teams. sharks had a few players grappling last week, after the telegraph made an article out of it, i reckon the refs will look closely at every tackle. expect a few penalties to be blown for grapple tackles.
Renown? Why do you think that is (consider Bellamy's article in the Daily Tele today that showed vision of 6 grapple tackles by Cronulla) that Melbourne are in the media more?

Daily Tele said:
Of incidents involving unnecessary contact with the head and/or neck, over the last seven rounds of the season, Storm had nine tackles flagged by the match review committee. Cronulla had 18."
Hmmm.

I don't dispute for one minute that Grapple's should be outlawed and actioned from the NRL itself. But it's a bit rich when clubs use the ploy of crying grapple when they play the Storm. Warriors did it, Brisbane have also.

Who else are mentioned in the media when we hear of grapples?

Without Smith, tomorrow night's game will be a lot more even. Forget about Smith, he has had a shocking few last weeks. He wont be missed. He was quiet, he played poor, provides no motivation. They will however, miss his goal shots. Turner taking shots worries me.

If Storm win tomorrow, it will be thanks to Cronk and Slater.

EDIT: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24399344-5016307,00.html

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Sharks look a bit sloppy so far. Have had a few chances.

Storm 10 - Sharks 0.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
storm applies the nail in the coffin, 28-0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)