2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ghey, errr how much are you betting they all come true? how can you say melb has no fans? they just can't be fked travelling interstate every 2nd week. i'd be also very surprised if anyone gets sacked before the end of the season.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Melbourne for grand final again in 2008. With Bellamy as coach, it doesnt matter which player/s the side loses, all that happened last year was built from him. Add into the mix Inglis, Smith, Cronk and Falou...and if ALL of those guys arent injured for lengthy periods at the same time, then I cant see anybody coming close to Melbourne. They have been there for the last 2 years. Will make it a third next season.

HSC
wuddie said:
its KIRK.

good for them, now they probably can't sign mason. i really do feel for the bloke, knights dogged him hard man.
Yeah, which leaves Roosters and Sharkies in the race for Mason.

Hmmm, only time will tell.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Yeah, which leaves Roosters and Sharkies in the race for Mason.

Hmmm, only time will tell.
Mason in a Sharks jersey though? I just cant picture it hey. Maybe he will be swayed to the Roosters as they already have O'Meley. I guess then the big fella wouldnt be as lonely.

HSC
No. He went to England.

blue_chameleon said:
Mason in a Sharks jersey though? I just cant picture it hey. Maybe he will be swayed to the Roosters as they already have O'Meley. I guess then the big fella wouldnt be as lonely.
More like the old Dogs pack is there.

Potential Roosters pack, 2008:

10. O'Meley
11. Mason
12. Myles
13. Anasta (yes I know he will play 6, but look at it!)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
haha the ex-dogs featuring the roosters.

no, clint newton vowed never to go back to the knights under brian smith. again, another one of smith's victims in his clean-out, and you can hardly blame newton for not going back. he is going to england i think, hull is offering him a very lucrative contract for 2 years.

HSC
watatank said:
More like the old Dogs pack is there.

Potential Roosters pack, 2008:

10. O'Meley
11. Mason
12. Myles
13. Anasta (yes I know he will play 6, but look at it!)
Haha. What can I say, the red just makes the blue and white even better. :p

The more Bulldogs pack we have, the stronger we get, and therefore the weaker they get. :D

Muz4PM

HSC
I am unsure why people were so keen to buy Mason. Yes, the man is a leader, damaging runner, but, the man can be trouble.

I believe that there are better, hardworking, 'no frills' second rowers out there who would in a game work harder than Willie Mason and would be of more value to the club, he would not bring the high profile and media semantics as Mason can dredge up.

HSC
Muz4PM said:
I am unsure why people were so keen to buy Mason. Yes, the man is a leader, damaging runner, but, the man can be trouble.

I believe that there are better, hardworking, 'no frills' second rowers out there who would in a game work harder than Willie Mason and would be of more value to the club, he would not bring the high profile and media semantics as Mason can dredge up.
there may be better, hardworking, 'no frills' fowards out there who may do more then willie mason, but how many of them are on the market? an opportunity like this to sign an international foward doesnt happen all to often and i'd say that for all that he does off the field, it is out weighed by what he produces on it. from what he has shown in the past, i dont think the roosters will be heaps worried about mason off field, they now have a foward pack capable of bringing the roosters back to the 8.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
now wouldn't it pissed the roosters off if mason injures himself early in the season?

interesting point came up between my mates today, how will o'meley and mason's ex teammates deal with them when the dogs and chooks clash? it'd be very fun to see them throwing hands at each other, everyone will enjoy it tremendously.

ok, the mason saga is over, who should be nsw's SoO coach? i say ricky stuart, he is a champ and should ditch the test rubbish and come back to the most intense match on the planet.

HSC
wuddie said:
now wouldn't it pissed the roosters off if mason injures himself early in the season?

interesting point came up between my mates today, how will o'meley and mason's ex teammates deal with them when the dogs and chooks clash? it'd be very fun to see them throwing hands at each other, everyone will enjoy it tremendously.

ok, the mason saga is over, who should be nsw's SoO coach? i say ricky stuart, he is a champ and should ditch the test rubbish and come back to the most intense match on the planet.
lol. they already appointed bellamy for the job.

HSC
wuddie said:

Any club would be pissed off if any of their players was injured early in the season.

It's great - it has brought back the Roosters v Bulldogs rivalry, which had died down these past couple of years. I can't wait for the Roosters v Bulldogs match. :D

Lol.
I rate Bellamy a lot higher than Stuart.

Muz4PM

HSC
In relation to an earlier question, granted there are not that many "hard working no frills second rowers" on the market. Kirk Reynoldson was. However,what is an NRL contract these days? You can basically walk out of one when you please, at least it seems so from the outside.

I rate Bellamy higher that Stuart as well, although I believe both to be outstanding choaches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)