2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
i think its true that the democratcs have historically been the 'racist' party. there's senator rob Byrd, former KKK member and governor orval faubus, made famous by for his refusal to let black students enter a desegregated school

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Slidey said:
Um, no.

At least, it's very hard to see that happening if Obama is elected.

Sauce, please, Nosferatu?

Oracle of Delphi.

I hear she's very accurate these days.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A High Way Man said:
i think its true that the democratcs have historically been the 'racist' party. there's senator rob Byrd, former KKK member and governor orval faubus, made famous by for his refusal to let black students enter a desegregated school
Secretly, the hundreds of millions of Democrats that support Obama are just trying to atone for their White guilt.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey said:
Electoral duds huh?

So why does the Democrat party have 75 million registered members while the neocons have only 55 million? And why do the Democrat safe seats all have a large number of electoral votes?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Swingstate.png
Where did you get those numbers? That's amazingly high if youre talking about members of the political parties. Although mobilization is everything in a system of voluntary voting - if you dont energize your supporters to vote, as will likely be McCain's fate, youre finished.
Electoral votes are different to actual supporters. Yes, politically it's fairly close based on the electoral college, but the mass of political strength has been with the sunbelt states since air conditioners were invented in the 60s. History has been on the GOP's side because they've better represented America ever since the Dems got distracted with bleeding heart issues after the tragic Kennedy deaths

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Where did you get those numbers? That's amazingly high if youre talking about members of the political parties. Although mobilization is everything in a system of voluntary voting - if you dont energize your supporters to vote, as will likely be McCain's fate, youre finished.
Electoral votes are different to actual supporters. Yes, politically it's fairly close based on the electoral college, but the mass of political strength has been with the sunbelt states since air conditioners were invented in the 60s. History has been on the GOP's side because they've better represented America ever since the Dems got distracted with bleeding heart issues after the tragic Kennedy deaths
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)

"In 2004, it was the largest political party, with 72 million voters (42.6% of 169 million registered) claiming affiliation.[7] Since the 2006 midterm elections, the Democratic Party is the majority party for the 110th Congress; the party holds an outright majority in the House of Representatives and the Democratic caucus (including two independents) constitutes a majority in the United States Senate. Democrats also hold a majority of state governorships and control a plurality of state legislatures."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)

"It is currently the second largest party with 55 million registered members, encompassing roughly one-third of the electorate.[1]"

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
? So you Dem figure is only those claiming affiliation, while the GOP is actual registered?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
No, just different wording. Both are the same source, and it's registration.

More here (different source): http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/2/20/194050/564

Basically, the Democrats have always safely outnumbered the Republicans. Election results rely on the unpredictable independent voter 'party', and election tampering.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Perils of wiki my friend
Double edged sword
Poison challis!@asfdjlnwef

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, basically the GOP has stolen every election since Nixon. The people would vote democratic if they werent manipulated by right-wing media. 9/11 was a Bush conspiracy

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Yeah, basically the GOP has stolen every election since Nixon. The people would vote democratic if they werent manipulated by right-wing media. 9/11 was a Bush conspiracy
Look up Diebold machines.

I won't get into manipulation of the media by the government, but considering their attempts to cover up the warrantless wire-tapping and a heck of a bunch of other issues, I wouldn't put it past the Bush government.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Weinerdogg said:
I've been reading this thread a bit on SA: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2843966&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 And it's pretty much swayed me. It's over a hundred pages long now but just slog through the first few and you'll get the picture. Once you get beneath the surface, McCain is just plain crazy, to the point where it would be worth voting D just for the 'lesser evil' factor. I'd hate to vote like that, but I don't think I'd have a choice with the electoral system America has (no preferential/runoff voting; you vote for one person and thats it)
lol you are a gay nerd who reads something awful

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Slidey said:
Secretly, the hundreds of millions of Democrats that support Obama are just trying to atone for their White guilt.
olol, is obama the affirmative action candidate? i dont think so. americans have had enough time to see beyond his race and into his words and actions

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A High Way Man said:
olol, is obama the affirmative action candidate? i dont think so. americans have had enough time to see beyond his race and into his words and actions
I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Weinerdogg said:
I've been reading this thread a bit on SA: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2843966&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 And it's pretty much swayed me. It's over a hundred pages long now but just slog through the first few and you'll get the picture. Once you get beneath the surface, McCain is just plain crazy, to the point where it would be worth voting D just for the 'lesser evil' factor. I'd hate to vote like that, but I don't think I'd have a choice with the electoral system America has (no preferential/runoff voting; you vote for one person and thats it)
Oh great, a Goon. Wunderbar. I wonder how morbidly obese this one is.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A High Way Man said:
his lord and master got punched out by a mediocre german film director!
Calling Uwe Boll 'mediocre' is being a bit too charitable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)