2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Most people i know who are "BARRAKing" for Obama are just idiots who have no idea about American politics or the current world situation and only want him cos he is black, and he is the only one they have heard about
Everyone sensible that i know wants Mccain

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
At least, it's very hard to see that happening if Obama is elected.
Well clearly, in terms of an actual sensible vote, it's an absolute no-brainier. OBAMA should be the next president of the united states. Obama represents change, he represents pro-choice, more approachable democratic party, and he seems a pretty likable, driven and charming bloke.

the thing is, and everyone knows this If Obama was white then this election wouldn't even be a contest IMO. But he isn't, so there is that shred of doubt in my mind that ignorant fucks from the south with their fucked up minds will be avoiding a black man.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Damn straight it wouldnt be a constest if he was white - HE WOULD NEVER HAVE DEFEATED HILLARY

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
McCain and Obama are pretty much the same from a foreign policy standpoint, excepting Iraq. They'll both increase the size of government but Obama will take America in a better direction.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I actually think that McCain is right on Iraq. He made a strong committment to success. Obama's unconditional committment to withdrawal, for his own selfish poltiical gain, is a massive flaw in judgement.
America may occasionally make the wrong decisions but get fucked Obama, we never surrender.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Damn straight it wouldnt be a constest if he was white - HE WOULD NEVER HAVE DEFEATED HILLARY
do you really think the democrats would nominate a neoconservative....who has a foreign policy resembles that of McCain?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
bigboyjames said:
do you really think the democrats would nominate a neoconservative....who has a foreign policy resembles that of McCain?
aYEEAS. They would have had no CHOICE

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS said:
Most people i know who are "BARRAKing" for Obama are just idiots who have no idea about American politics or the current world situation and only want him cos he is black, and he is the only one they have heard about
Thanks, GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
I actually think that McCain is right on Iraq.
Yeah what with his plan to be in Iraq for 100 years?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS said:
Most people i know who are barracking for McCain are just idiots who have no idea about American politics or the current world situation and only want him cos he is right-wing conservative, and he is the only one they have heard about
Everyone sensible that i know wants Obama

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey said:
If necessary for American security, why not? It's highly unlikely that it will be necessary, that's the point.
They still have sizable forces in Germany and South Korea for instance - what the hell is wrong with that? Why on earth would you rule that out?
A nation's willingness to fight for its interests must be beyond question. This is pretty basic.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
If necessary for American security, why not? It's highly unlikely that it will be necessary, that's the point.
They still have sizable forces in Germany and South Korea for instance - what the hell is wrong with that? Why on earth would you rule that out?
A nation's willingness to fight for its interests must be beyond question. This is pretty basic.
And you think the situation in Iraq is similar to the one in Japan or South Korea?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Slidey said:
Okay... I love Obama as much as you but let's make sure we don't distort what's been said. McCain was asked something along the lines of "What do you think about reports that we may need to stay in Iraq for another 50 years?" and he responded by saying "What about 100?". His point being that often there will be a need for a continued American military presence of some type for many years after the conflict, he then goes on to explain that he doesn't necessarily have a problem with such small maintained presences as long as America's interests are at the heart of it and there are no longer American casualties.

The truth is that the democrats also support this position, when they talk about 'withdrawing the troops' they do not mean taking every single American troop out of there.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
Probably not, but he has a beautiful voice and gives a rousing speech so I disagree with people who claim he would have been the equivalent of a junior Edwards.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
yeah, a bunch of rag heads are a threat to US security. LAWL

So South korea and Germany has an Al Qaeda presence? That's news to me.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey said:
And you think the situation in Iraq is similar to the one in Japan or South Korea?
Well believe it or not, but the troops were actually fighting the Germans and Japanese and Koreans before now. The security of these nations is in the vital interests of America's security and, hey, the security of the free world.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Enteebee said:
Okay... I love Obama as much as you but let's make sure we don't distort what's been said. McCain was asked something along the lines of "What do you think about reports that we may need to stay in Iraq for another 50 years?" and he responded by saying "What about 100?". His point being that often there will be a need for a continued American military presence of some type for many years after the conflict, he then goes on to explain that he doesn't necessarily have a problem with such small maintained presences as long as America's interests are at the heart of it and there are no longer American casualties.

The truth is that the democrats also support this position, when they talk about 'withdrawing the troops' they do not mean taking every single American troop out of there.
No, I'm pretty sure the Democrats plan to withdraw from Iraq and focus on Afghanistan.

Also, the full quote: "I don't think Americans are concerned if we're there [Iraq] for 100 years or 1,000 years or 10,000 years." --John McCain

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey, mate, youre a stooge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)