2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Well believe it or not, but the troops were actually fighting the Germans and Japanese and Koreans before now. The security of these nations is in the vital interests of America's security and, hey, the security of the free world.
So instead of avoiding my question, why don't you answer it? I didn't ask for a justification for troops in SK and Japan. I asked you why you think Iraq is similar to SK and Japan, which are justified.

Iron said:
If necessary for American security, why not? It's highly unlikely that it will be necessary, that's the point.
They still have sizable forces in Germany and South Korea for instance - what the hell is wrong with that? Why on earth would you rule that out?
A nation's willingness to fight for its interests must be beyond question. This is pretty basic.
Slidey said:
And you think the situation in Iraq is similar to the one in Japan or South Korea?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
The US elite are never going to leave until WW3 is over. You don't build an embassy the size of the Vatican and massive permanent bases all over that region if you're planning on leaving next year. The sooner that you people wake the fuck up to the fact that the majority of Democrats AND Republicans serve the same powers at the top, the sooner we can avoid Australia getting involved with these fucekd up yanks.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Slidey, mate, youre a stooge
Yeah, you say that every time I point out the flaws of McCain. Why is that?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey said:
So instead of avoiding my question, why don't you answer it? I didn't ask for a justification for troops in SK and Japan. I asked you why you think Iraq is similar to SK and Japan, which are justified.
Do you think the war against Japan was similar to the war against Germany? Or Vietnam? Or Korea? This is totally besides the point of maintaining global security, which is in the interests of aeveryone

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Do you think the war against Japan was similar to the war against Germany? Or Vietnam? Or Korea? This is totally besides the point of maintaining global security, which is in the interests of aeveryone
BAAAH, global security? LOL. terrorism has grown tenfold since Americas invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. global security my ass.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
So you think Iraq is a threat to global security?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey said:
Yeah, you say that every time I point out the flaws of McCain. Why is that?
Why you SNOtTY LITTLE
Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Bond/Catalyst

HSC
MIKE HUCKABEE wouldve ripped all of em, but ah well I guess itll be better if McCain Wins, at least the Republicans have a solid conservative base, even if McCain isnt THAT big himself...

U watch Obama wont win, ppl will show up on the polls and think, damn do i really want this guy? What kind of a risk am i taking here, and then move their pen over and vote for the experience of McCain.

It shouldnt even be a contest but, if the Democrats cant win now then this will be the biggest self destruction by a party ever- it shouldve been a no-contest, instead its turned into a neck and neck race which i think McCain will tip.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Slidey said:
So you think Iraq is a threat to global security?
Clearly yes. We know what happens when we dont properly beat the enemy
GERMANY 1918 NEVER AGAIN

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Bond/Catalyst said:
MIKE HUCKABEE wouldve ripped all of em, but ah well I guess itll be better if McCain Wins, at least the Republicans have a solid conservative base, even if McCain isnt THAT big himself...

U watch Obama wont win, ppl will show up on the polls and think, damn do i really want this guy? What kind of a risk am i taking here, and then move their pen over and vote for the experience of McCain.

It shouldnt even be a contest but, if the Democrats cant win now then this will be the biggest self destruction by a party ever- it shouldve been a no-contest, instead its turned into a neck and neck race which i think McCain will tip.
Hey GUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry that you had to make a new account to come back and troll with

No one can think that shit

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
No, I'm pretty sure the Democrats plan to withdraw from Iraq and focus on Afghanistan.
It depends what you mean by withdraw... I mean I'm sure at this point in time the republicans want to get out of there too, but the thing is they might not be able to. As for having no American military presence... I strongly doubt that it will happen within 10-20 years unless things got really bad.

Also, the full quote: "I don't think Americans are concerned if we're there [Iraq] for 100 years or 1,000 years or 10,000 years." --John McCain
If it's in America's interests and there are no casaulties... then yes. The point he's making is that it's not the years that matter, it's the cost of lives and money.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Why you SNOtTY LITTLE
Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
So this is you, right?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
Hey GUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry that you had to make a new account to come back and troll with

No one can think that shit
Yep. That's definitely the thing that they're missing.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Enteebee said:
If it's in America's interests and there are no casaulties... then yes. The point he's making is that it's not the years that matter, it's the cost of lives and money.
Precisely, which is by far a more responsible policy that should be expected from commander in chief

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
But the original invasion has increased the amount of people motivated to join al qaeda. We're in a worse off situation post-iraq than we were pre-iraq, no?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
Precisely, which is by far a more responsible policy that should be expected from commander in chief
It's Obama's policy... It's silly to imagine that he'll just withdraw no matter what happens against the advice of all the commanders on the ground .

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Captain Hero said:
But the original invasion has increased the amount of people motivated to join al qaeda. We're in a worse off situation post-iraq than we were pre-iraq, no?
For all we know al qaeda is finished as an organisation, but this is irrelevant to the clear security concerns. You never give in. Never never never in nothing great or small, large or petty. Never yeild to terrorists, never yeild to the apparent almighty cost of victory
How does it make sense to pull out when the enemy behind 9/11 is apparently swelling with angry numbers?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
For all we know al qaeda is finished as an organisation, but this is irrelevant to the clear security concerns. You never give in. Never never never in nothing great or small, large or petty. Never yeild to terrorists, never yeild to the apparent almighty cost of victory
How does it make sense to pull out when the enemy behind 9/11 is apparently swelling with angry numbers?
Well it does make sense when you look at why Bin Laden attacked on 9/11. Because of American support for Israel and the fact that there are military bases in Saudi Arabia. It's not necessarily giving into terrorism when you do a cost/benefit analysis of the situation and decide that it's more worthwhile in the long term to GTFO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)