• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Donski said:
good for u...clap clap clap. like oh my gawd ur parents must be proud like

im seriously offended now cause you dont fuckin know me. did i say i have beef against people with down syndrome? i was merely implying that sarah pallin aka cunty bitch being a politician and all, she could be using this kid to get sympathy votes. that's all. im biased cause im rooting for obama. yeah yeah im not an american but whatever...obama baby...

im sorry if I have offended people with down syndrome, it was not my intention at all. ive worked and trained people with down syndrome so I know what their days like. so dont fuckin judge me, bitch...."100% better at life than you'll ever be on your best day"....bitch please. that's quite rude. like oh my gawd ur parents must be proud.

internet = serious business.
You just proved her point. I'v got a downie mate who could do a less retarded effort than you just did. Also, stfu you dirty coon lefty freak.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Donski said:
good for u...clap clap clap. like oh my gawd ur parents must be proud like

im seriously offended now cause you dont fuckin know me. did i say i have beef against people with down syndrome? i was merely implying that sarah pallin aka cunty bitch being a politician and all, she could be using this kid to get sympathy votes. that's all. im biased cause im rooting for obama. yeah yeah im not an american but whatever...obama baby...

im sorry if I have offended people with down syndrome, it was not my intention at all. ive worked and trained people with down syndrome so I know what their days like. so dont fuckin judge me, bitch...."100% better at life than you'll ever be on your best day"....bitch please. that's quite rude. like oh my gawd ur parents must be proud.

internet = serious business.
Yeah.
Using a kid with Down Syndrome to get sympathy votes.

Did I mention I know people with Down Syndrome that are less spack than you? You don't seem like you'd be in charge of wiping your own nose, let alone training people with a limited mental capacity. Unless it's stacking shelves at woolies, in which case after two weeks they've surpassed you on the corporate ladder.

Last edited:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Why rednecks may rule the world

By Joe Bageant
Author of Deerhunting With Jesus

During this US election cycle we are hearing a lot from the pundits and candidates about "heartland voters," and "white working class voters."

What they are talking about are rednecks. But in their political correctness, media types cannot bring themselves to utter the word "redneck." So I'll say it for them: redneck-redneck-redneck-redneck.

The fact is that we American rednecks embrace the term in a sort of proud defiance. To us, the term redneck indicates a culture we were born in and enjoy. So I find it very interesting that politically correct people have taken it upon themselves to protect us from what has come to be one of our own warm and light hearted terms for one another.

On the other hand, I can quite imagine their concern, given what's at stake in the upcoming election. We represent at least a third of all voters and no US president has ever been elected without our support.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7600000/7600592.stm
Redneck for Obama? pftt :eek:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
For his polling numbers to be this bad when they should be thru the roof, Obama's race must be a problem with voters (as well as all the substantive issues i've mentioned before)

ZabZu

HSC
Iron said:
For his polling numbers to be this bad when they should be thru the roof, Obama's race must be a problem with voters (as well as all the substantive issues i've mentioned before)
Maybe but theres also the experience issue and he is more liberal than most Americans.

Obama supports universal health care, cheaper university fees, protection of American industries, is pro-choice, supports gay rights, was a member of Reverend Wright's Church, lives in the liberal state of Illinois, etc, etc.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I know a guy from Ohio whose boss put an Obama poster on his shop window, and the next day the window was vandalised with big black letters spelling "nigger", and that isn't even a particularly racist area. Also apparently burning crosses are seen from time to time.

So Obama's race is a serious fucking issue to some.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
there are racists in america... what next?
Well there are some interesting studies about how racist they are. For instance, poll questions asking "Would you have a problem with a black President?", most people are politically correct enough to say "Na, no problem". BUT, when they are asked "Would friends of yours have a problem with it?" almost everyone says AAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAs

Which answer is more telling? HM

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Iron said:
Well there are some interesting studies about how racist they are. For instance, poll questions asking "Would you have a problem with a black President?", most people are politically correct enough to say "Na, no problem". BUT, when they are asked "Would friends of yours have a problem with it?" almost everyone says AAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAs

Which answer is more telling? HM
Statistics/study links bitch.

Right meow.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I could honestly say I wouldn't mind a black prime minister but a lot of my friends would

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Captin gay said:
Oi Obama had to do what he did, glass ceiling and all.
Na he just shook Hillary off the ladder. The fool is gunna pay with bloot

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Tulipa said:

Right meow.
Who are you going to vote for? I spoke to an american last sat and she said she wasnt going to vote. non-compulsory voting scares me

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Tulipa said:

Right meow.
Professor Hart (MY professor) co-authored it, but I dont have the precious seconds available to find it.
Needless to say, a lot of pol-scis are scratching their heads right now as to WHY Obama is LOSING. Almost all the election-winning planets are aligned, but PEOPLE arent buying it.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Iron said:
Professor Hart (MY professor) co-authored it, but I dont have the precious seconds available to find it.
Needless to say, a lot of pol-scis are scratching their heads right now as to WHY Obama is LOSING. Almost all the election-winning planets are aligned, but PEOPLE arent buying it.
I wouldn't say he is losing; RCP has McCain up by only 2.5. Most of the polls are done by automated bots calling landlines. A large part of Obama's base would be 18-25 year olds who don't 'own' a landline.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey guys we'll all find out come the election keekles

MissSarajevo

HSC
Palin: U.S. would fight to defend NATO allies
In her first one-on-one interview since becoming John McCain's running mate, vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin warns that any Russian invasion of a NATO state could lead to a conflict involving the U.S. and urges the military alliance to extend membership to former Soviet states Ukraine and Georgia
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/11/palin.abc/index.html

YES!

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
lol at the Palin interview... come on, what a puppet

perfunctory lines fed by republican strategists. no nuanced answers. she is a political philistine

GIBSON: Do you agree with the Bush doctrine?

PALIN: In what respect, Charlie?

GIBSON: The Bush -- well, what do you -- what do you interpret it to be?
PALIN: His world view.

GIBSON: No, the Bush doctrine, enunciated September 2002, before the Iraq war.

PALIN: I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell bent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made. And with new leadership, and that's the beauty of American elections, of course, and democracy, is with new leadership comes opportunity to do things better.

GIBSON: The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us. Do you agree with that?

PALIN: Charlie, if there is legitimate and enough intelligence that tells us that a strike is imminent against American people, we have every right to defend our country. In fact, the president has the obligation, the duty to defend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)