• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
sam04u said:
I agree.
Sarah Palin is the most qualified candidate for bringing the world to a nuclear holocaust.

She's already spoken about a war with Russia like it's nothing.
Citation?

Obama has said he'll unilaterally invade the fairly fragile and nuclear armed Pakistan if he had information as to his exact whereabouts there.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Enteebee said:
Citation?

Obama has said he'll unilaterally invade the fairly fragile and nuclear armed Pakistan if he had information as to his exact whereabouts there.
any president would do that.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
bigboyjames said:
any president would do that.
Unilaterally? As in without first asking the Pakistani leadership if they may do so? No.

MissSarajevo

HSC
sam04u said:
I agree.
Sarah Palin is the most qualified candidate for bringing the world to a nuclear holocaust.

She's already spoken about a war with Russia like it's nothing.
Good. Thats what the world need at this hour. A strong woman , a strong leader who will not hesitate to nuke Russia is just what we need.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
Good. Thats what the world need at this hour. A strong woman , a strong leader who will not hesitate to nuke Russia is just what we need.
troll

obama won't invade shit unless theres another pearl harbor-esque attack originating from pakistan. he just doesn't want to appear like another democrat weak on terror.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Blar. TO clarify, she said that NATO allies should defend eachother. This is an clear part of NATO and is not controversial at all.
If Russia invades Germany, should we NOT defend our allies because the aggressor is too strong?
Liberal pussies - you BAIT the Russians with such weakness

ZabZu

HSC
This crisis in the American economy is going to help Obama :D. Theres always a swing against the party in power if the economy goes downhill.

Garygaz

HSC
McCain will win, the U.S is far too conservative. Bunch of hilly billys. Watching blogs and alike on Youtube is the only way to see how far their beliefs are shoved up their arses, nothing can convince them otherwise.

If only Ron Paul was still around, eh.

EmperorHirohito

HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

kaz1 said:
Mccain is too old. He'll probably die in office form all the stress and pressure.
Thats like saying Obama will die of AIDS because he is black :cold:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

More like assassination...
Both are equally high risk mortality wise IMO

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Iron said:
Liberal pussies - you BAIT the Russians with such weakness
You bring me pleasure Iron.

Also, how about Putin and that Tiger? It may well have been staged but he at least seemed hardcore.

HSC
KFunk said:
You bring me pleasure Iron.

Also, how about Putin and that Tiger? It may well have been staged but he at least seemed hardcore.
I was just discussing that less than 20 minutes ago with my dad. It certainly gives Putin a very messianic vibe

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He smeared himself with its blood and declared himself a god

TurkStyle

HSC
Riet said:
IRAQ IS A MISSION FROM GOD.

"Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.""
yea cause gods plan was the torcher and killing of countless souls for a stable 50 year energy plan

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

the king.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
AP-Yahoo News survey, conducted with Stanford University, found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them “lazy,” “violent” or responsible for their own troubles

Certainly, Republican John McCain has his own obstacles: He’s an ally of an unpopular president and would be the nation’s oldest first-term president. But Obama faces this: 40 percent of all white Americans hold at least a partly negative view toward blacks, and that includes many Democrats and independents.

More than a third of all white Democrats and independents — voters Obama can’t win the White House without — agreed with at least one negative adjective about blacks, according to the survey, and they are significantly less likely to vote for Obama than those who don’t have such views.

Such numbers are a harsh dose of reality in a campaign for the history books. Obama, the first black candidate with a serious shot at the presidency, accepted the Democratic nomination on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, a seminal moment for a nation that enshrined slavery in its Constitution.

The issue of race bubbled up repeatedly during the Democratic primary. Bill Clinton at one point dismissed Obama’s South Carolina victory as akin to Jesse Jackson’s 20 years ago. Former vice presidential nominee Geraldine Ferraro suggested that Obama only got where he did because he’s black. On the flip side, Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell candidly said some white voters simply would not vote for Obama.

But as the general election moved into full swing, the issue returned. Obama told donors in July that Republicans would try to make voters “afraid” of him, and mentioned his “funny name” and race as possible ammunition for his detractors.

Sebelius this week revived Democratic fears of a “Bradley effect,” a political phenomenon in which African-American candidates fare better in opinion polls than in actual elections. The effect is named for black Democrat Tom Bradley, who lost the California governor’s race in 1982 even though he was ahead in the polls.

Currently, most polls show Obama tied with John McCain. But if there is a Bradley effect, such polls could be masking a McCain lead.

Jacob Weisberg argued in a column in the Sept. 1 edition of Newsweek that Obama is suffering in the polls from racial biases.

“If it makes you feel better, you can rationalize Obama’s missing 10-point lead on the basis of Clintonite sulkiness, his slowness in responding to attacks or the concern that he may be too handsome, brilliant and cool to be elected. But let’s be honest: the reason Obama isn’t ahead right now is that he trails badly among one group, older white voters. He lags with them for a simple reason: the color of his skin,” he wrote.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/20/survey-links-racial-views-to-obamas-polls-numbers/ :mad1:

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
what a redundant survey. that shit did not need to be quantified.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
The penultimate event

Saturday September 27
11.00am – 12.30pm U.S. First Presidential Debate
12.30pm – 1.00pm Midday Report

Friday October 3
11.00am – 12.30pm U.S. Vice Presidential Debate
12.30pm – 1.00pm Midday Report

Wednesday October 8
12.00pm – 1.30pm U.S. Second Presidential Debate
1.30pm – 2.00pm Midday Report

Thursday October 16
12.00pm – 1.30pm U.S. Third Presidential Debate
1.30pm – 2.00pm Midday Report

On ABC1

HalcyonSky

HSC
those debates will be a laugh riot

obama is clearly the sharper thinker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)