• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I've always been an economic conservative

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Republican presidential nominee Mike Huckabee says suspending the debates was a "huge mistake".

Huckabee said Thursday in Mobile that the people need to hear both candidates. He said that’s “far better than heading to Washington” to huddle with senators.

He said the candidates should level with the people about the financial crisis and say the “heart of this is greed.”

Huckabee said he still backs McCain’s candidacy, but said the Arizona senator should not have put his campaign on hold to deal with the financial crisis on Wall Street. He said a president must be prepared to “deal with the unexpected.”

“You can’t just say, ‘World stop for a moment. I’m going to cancel everything,”‘ Huckabee said.

Huckabee also was critical of President Bush’s handling of the crisis.

He said to lay the $700 billion obligation on the nation “in 24 hours” amounts to “holding the country hostage.”

“I just think the American people ought to be screaming their lungs out, saying to Congress, not so fast. That’s our money you’re giving away,” Huckabee said.

He said the burden of the $700 billion relief package will fall on the next generation and those in their teens and 20s.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/26/huckabee-calls-mccain-debate-ploy-a-huge-mistake/

As of right now, McCain is still telling reporters he's not sure whether he'll be at the debate. The debate starts in just a couple of hours.

I'll be honest: I'm sold. I really don't have a clue where McCain is going with this - it looks like he loses either way, so if others are like me, he's definitely got the spotlight. I guess I'm still half expecting him to pull some amazing stunt out of his sleeve to account for his erratic behaviour (and I don't mean a diagnosis of dementia).

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Trefoil said:
Republican presidential nominee Mike Huckabee says suspending the debates was a "huge mistake".

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/26/huckabee-calls-mccain-debate-ploy-a-huge-mistake/

As of right now, McCain is still telling reporters he's not sure whether he'll be at the debate. The debate starts in just a couple of hours.

I'll be honest: I'm sold. I really don't have a clue where McCain is going with this - it looks like he loses either way, so if others are like me, he's definitely got the spotlight. I guess I'm still half expecting him to pull some amazing stunt out of his sleeve to account for his erratic behaviour (and I don't mean a diagnosis of dementia).
11 hrs. OHOHOHHOHO

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Breaking News
Republican John McCain to take part in 1st presidential debate, despite earlier call to delay campaigning due to financial crisis.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ooh the anticipation.
McCain's gonna get hammered on the economee

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yeah it's on at 11am on abc.

also lol @ that comic. why does it say "200+ bn" when they got exact figures for every other president?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
jb_nc said:
Yeah it's on at 11am on abc.

also lol @ that comic. why does it say "200+ bn" when they got exact figures for every other president?
maybe theres a greater margin of error in surpluses than in deficits

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Mccain Is Winning
Obama Sux
Waaa

HSC
Hilary should start up a third party :(

Obama isn't so great at explaining policy really...good at the big dramatic speeches, but not that convincing when talking about the economy. foreign affairs etc.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
McCain fuck-en romped it in. That was unexpected

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
oHHhh ShIIItTT i give that a TiE. McCain's zinger on Ahmadinejad was the best of the night though, but i hated his rambling respones "I KNOW HOW TO DO X IVE DONE IT I KNOW HOW TO DO IT". That will work with wimpy conservatives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)