2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
JaredR said:
I like it that McCain is winning in the polls of this thread. The support for him in the Clinton Vs Obama thread wasn't as evident in the postings so I'm led to assume that a lot of Clinton supporters have turned to McCain either because they can't stand Obama or because they just know that McCain's policies are often closer to those of Clinton's than Obamas.
McCain is winning cause of trolls. How else can McCain get 20 votes in one day?

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ Hell, the world needs Obama. McCain is a fucking right-wing nutcase. I'm sick of right-wing dickheads advocating a moron like mcCain.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
McCan't, McCunt, McBush, McSame, McShame, McLet'sStayinIraqForEver, McBombBombBombBombBombIran McFuckTherEconomy

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
bigboyjames said:
McCan't, McCunt, McBush, McSame, McShame, McLet'sStayinIraqForEver, McBombBombBombBombBombIran McFuckTherEconomy
citizen mKANE?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
kaz1 said:
McCain is winning cause of trolls. How else can McCain get 20 votes in one day?
It was actually about 50 in one day while Obama's didn't change AT ALL. It made no sense; 50 BOS members wouldn't all vote in one day, and they sure as hell wouldn't ALL vote for McCain (in fact indications are that most would vote for Obama).

But if this thread was linked to on a American Republican forum, surely at least one of have them would hang around to troll?

It's possible somebody edited the poll. As far as I know admins, people with server access (e.g. the hosters in America), and possibly global moderators and the forum's mods can do this.

It's doesn't really make sense whatever way you look at it. It would be interesting if Iron or somebody could look at the 'random' people who voted McCain and see if there's any anomalies (perhaps check their IPs to determine their location for example). Not a big deal, I guess, but it has me curious.

Last edited:

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
It was actually about 50 in one day while Obama's didn't change AT ALL. It made no sense; 50 BOS members wouldn't all vote in one day, and they sure as hell wouldn't ALL vote for McCain (in fact indications are that most would vote for Obama).

But if this thread was linked to on a American Republican forum, surely at least one of have them would hang around to troll?

It's possible somebody edited the poll. As far as I know admins, people with server access (e.g. the hosters in America), and possibly global moderators and the forum's mods can do this.

It's doesn't really make sense whatever way you look at it. It would be interesting if Iron or somebody could look at the 'random' people who voted McCain and see if there's any anomalies (perhaps check their IPs to determine their location for example). Not a big deal, I guess, but it has me curious.
Does it really matter?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Did something similar happen in our own election thread? I remember Howard's numbers were abnormally high for a student forum

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Well let's have a look at Shmuel Rosner (Ha'aretz' US Correspondant) "Israel factor" ratings for McCain and Clinton and compare those to Obama.

Clinton: 7.5
McCain: 7.75

Obama: 5.12

I would reccommend viewing: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/rosnerPage.jhtml which has overseen the Presidential election for a long time and has logged any mention of Israel or candidates policies pertaining to what will effect Israel. i.e issues on Iran etc.
Uhuh. So you know that there is more issues then Israel in the world? Given that only a small fraction of the American population are Jewish (Hispanics are a lot bigger fraction and they are generally supporting Obama over McCain even ignoring the traditional Black-Hispanic rivalry), it won't really be that big of an issue. Whereas if you look at say the ACLU statistics, Clinton is much closer to Obama than McCain. Clinton and Obama have voted the same way more often then Clinton and McCain and this is over more then just saying because Israels sky fairy said they could have all this land they can fuck over everyone else.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Xayma said:
Uhuh. So you know that there is more issues then Israel in the world? Given that only a small fraction of the American population are Jewish (Hispanics are a lot bigger fraction and they are generally supporting Obama over McCain even ignoring the traditional Black-Hispanic rivalry), it won't really be that big of an issue. Whereas if you look at say the ACLU statistics, Clinton is much closer to Obama than McCain. Clinton and Obama have voted the same way more often then Clinton and McCain and this is over more then just saying because Israels sky fairy said they could have all this land they can fuck over everyone else.
I think Israel is his fall-back position on everything, but it was interesting that Obama gave that rather hawkish speech to the Israeli lobbyists just before Clinton's formal concession
SELL OUT
Hi Xayma!

On Swan, I cant look at him the same since Latham's dirty leak about him being too afraid to give the budget reply once. It struck a chord. But during the election, the Coalition forced Rudd to commit to keeping the same core team.
He's still a marked man, despite the recent budget

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Why Iraqis Back McCain
Constraints of time and money being what they are, I have not gotten round to phoning 1,000 Iraqis to get their views on Obama-McCain. But I did sit down last week with four key provincial Iraqi leaders, Sunnis and Shiites, who -- without actually endorsing Mr. McCain -- made their views abundantly clear.

"The Iraqis are really fearful about some of the positions the Democratic Party has adopted," says Sheik Ahmed Abu Rishah. "If the Democrats win, they will be withdrawing their forces in a very rapid manner."

Mamoun Sami Rashid al-Alawi, the governor of Anbar province, agrees. "We have over a million casualties, thousands of houses destroyed," he says. "Are we going to tell [Iraqis] that the game is over? That the Americans are pulling out?"
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121366622024479591.html?mod=todays_columnists

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
TBH I highly doubt Obama is pulling out of Iraq for 'ethical reasons' (based on his views of Iran and terrorists). It's most likely just a good way to help the economy by diverting spending away from military.

That said, it's not like he's going to pull out in a year, or even pull out completely.

Edit: And yes, I know Obama was against the war initially, but a lot of people changed their minds about the war once it started; if you're going to be there, you don't suddenly pull out half-way, or you'll do even more damage without any good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)