2009 EE2 Rollcall. (1 Viewer)

Emperor Lobster

HSC
Short story, but have no idea what to write about. Are you guys doing anything in ext 2? There's only a few of us and no-one is doing absolutely anything yet near as I can tell. Ext 1 is a joke though, wish you could do ext 2 without having to do ext 1, would save me having to get up at ungodly hours of the night. :(

HSC
hey guys,
reckon im set on doing a creative peice now and have an area to start looking into...just dunno how to start now...is anyone having that problem?

agua.fuego

HSC
I'm going short story, and doing something culturewise.

Other than that... am slightly confused.

Doing it by Distance Ed!

accio.brain

HSC
I'm doing a short story, i have my idea, kinda, but that's as far as I've gone. I don't know how it links to other courses....
I haven't done much research yet and my Proposal is due in a couple of weeks and i'm feeling screweddddd! ahhhh.
I thought Proposals were usually due term 1 anyway, not before Christmas =.=

agua.fuego

HSC
accio.brain said:
I'm doing a short story, i have my idea, kinda, but that's as far as I've gone. I don't know how it links to other courses....
I haven't done much research yet and my Proposal is due in a couple of weeks and i'm feeling screweddddd! ahhhh.
I thought Proposals were usually due term 1 anyway, not before Christmas =.=
Mine's due as the draft proposal, I'm guessing the same for the others (?)

naeunk

HSC
Wow, looks like nearly everyone's doing a short story.
I'm doing a critical response..probably from a feminist perspective about Hollywood?
My proposal's due this week.....:mad:

didier91

HSC
SI SENOR! :santa:

I am also doing EE2 and am loving every minute of it :)

Doing a critical response on...... English....... yes...

(dont' really want to tell you)

:haha:

accio.brain

HSC
agua.fuego said:
Mine's due as the draft proposal, I'm guessing the same for the others (?)
Sadly, I don't think mine's a draft. It's the real thing. I really should start doing something about it... *sigh*

britinaus

HSC
I am doing a short story. There are 9 in our class: 1 poetry, 1 critical, 1 play and 6 story.

agua.fuego

HSC
accio.brain said:
Sadly, I don't think mine's a draft. It's the real thing. I really should start doing something about it... *sigh*
Ooh, ouch. I've just finished the draft, it's full of dot points only and a lot of, "HUH?"
Good luck with it!

KillerIsMe

Very Special Master
HSC
alex.leon said:
HEY!

There's 6 in our class, but i reckon there will be 3 by the end of it.

I'm doing postmodern poetry focussing on the effects consumerism has on society (the distortion of perfection, disregard of tradition etc.)

I'm mainly doing poetry because i know i can't extend my thinking for long enough and stick to completing a good short story.

I did shitloads of work on my BOW & Journal during the 11-12 holidays, because i have effectively 6 major works and didn't want to be stressed off my feet when it gets to hand-in time.

I'm so excited!
That's a really interesting concept, I like it :)
Mines on effects of interpretation, going to make it symbolic of the bible.. not sure how it's gonna pan out in a short story...

You're crazy for having 6 major works! Good luck though :)

Has anyone else got some concrete ideas?
Or need help?
I'm already on school holidays so shoot.
xx

accio.brain

HSC
thanks :) i have to finish it in the next week ahhhh. and i just realised a few days ago that we have to do our proposal in report form with headings and whatnot. I DON'T DO REPORTS! High school has turned me into an essay person through and through.

jacq093

HSC
Hey Everyone
writing a short story...about death. Typical, i know.

ForTheWin

HSC
hello fellow extension 2 students,

i plan on writing a short story about a futuristic world where everyone is fat except my protagonist. the purpose is to satirise the concept of consumerism. screwed up my proposal already, so need to work harder. best of luck to everyone!

gingerwitch28

HSC
I intend for my Major Work to be a critical response about villains – their characteristics and their function in their text, as well as why these villains are famous or iconic. My proposed villains are Iago (Othello play), O’Brien (1984 novel), Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr Ripley novel), Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs film) and Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men film). I intend to use elements of script concerning the villains’ efforts to prove their worth to add structure to a critical response. The current title is The Success of Knaves, from Aeschylus’ “the success of knaves entices many.”

Apologies for stuffy register, copied it directly from my proposal, which I am currently writing.

diametric

HSC
hello peoples.

doing a short story here;
about the human psyche; solipsism; and the supernatural, ie, dark romanticism.
with religious elements so as to satirise fundies!
oh; it involves human sacrifices in the australian outback, by a sydney lawyer.

NOTE: I've done more work on the MW than the Proposal, due week2 nxt yr. Not this yr cause our school has a relatively short term 4; 8 weeks.

Last edited:

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
gingerwitch28 said:
I intend for my Major Work to be a critical response about villains – their characteristics and their function in their text, as well as why these villains are famous or iconic. My proposed villains are Iago (Othello play), O’Brien (1984 novel), Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr Ripley novel), Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs film) and Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men film). I intend to use elements of script concerning the villains’ efforts to prove their worth to add structure to a critical response.
That looks awesome :).

I'm in a class of seven, we've got 6 short stories and 1 critical response. I was going to do poetry to start with but then a short story idea hit me and I couldn't resist.

Mine's set in Soviet Russia with the central image of the Trans-Siberian Express and follows the (so far unnamed) protagonist as he travels east and finds freedom in the distance from Moscow and the Party. It's going to be interspersed with all these absurdist scenes (script form) set in places the train passes which will illustrate the absurdity inherent in the system and the way the language and ideology of the USSR prevented meaningful communication.

I'm on holidays right now and I really want to get into drafting (proposal was marked forever ago) but it's kind of one of those images that works just right in my mind and I'm scared of shattering it if I put it down on paper :(. Anyone else feel like that??

HSC
gingerwitch28 said:
I intend for my Major Work to be a critical response about villains – their characteristics and their function in their text, as well as why these villains are famous or iconic. My proposed villains are Iago (Othello play), O’Brien (1984 novel), Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr Ripley novel), Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs film) and Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men film). I intend to use elements of script concerning the villains’ efforts to prove their worth to add structure to a critical response. The current title is The Success of Knaves, from Aeschylus’ “the success of knaves entices many.”

Apologies for stuffy register, copied it directly from my proposal, which I am currently writing.
hey, that sounds like a (Y) idea. we based our whole unit of work in ee1 prelim on the villain, its fascinating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)