2009 EE2 Rollcall. (1 Viewer)

Isiebeau

HSC
N/A
Don't get too worried about it, as long as you hit all the points, even if you're still a bit unsure of your idea then you should do fine.

I know I was really nervous about mine because it was 20% of my final assessment mark :S

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
My proposal is due next week too =/ Freaking out a little but hopefully it'll be all okay..

Clifford

HSC
Thanks, thats sehr helpful. Be content in knowing that I have slapped them into my journal and will look 'em up at the next oppertunity... that being tomorrow.

ixswans

HSC
After reading where people are up to, I feel a little panicked..

I've done ~300 words and my teacher was commending me on my preparedness =/

cerys

because i can.
HSC
^ Don't worry. I haven't done a thing yet :spzz:

:bomb:

harryc

HSC
Bit late checking in, but yeah, hey all! I'm from Sylvania High, doing a short story. Our EE2 class is five people, all of whom bar one are doing short stories as well.

ape.lauren

HSC
im a bit late too. im doing a short story, my proposal is due next week.

half of my class are doing critical analysis's and half are doing short stories. (we have a massive class of four people)

doopsta786

HSC
"Puts Hands up"
ME ME ME ME ME
theres was 7 in our class but now 6 will be 5 by the end i think
im doing the short story option derrrrrr
doing a polical love story sort of its confusing but will be awesome when completed!!!!!!!!

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Another late check-in, and I am attempting my hand at poetry.

I still feel very confused right now, and my log book is practically empty. Help ):

Sans

HSC
I'm the god of lateness! Josh is da name, short story's my game - 1500 word proposal due tomorrow!:cold:

Last edited:

iiinsane02

HSC
Like the predecessors before me, I am also sorry about the late sign in.

Thomas from Canley Vale High School.
My class is a total of 4 students; all choosing to write in the short story medium.

I got my proposal back late last year: 12/15(1st place). My teacher told our class he was harsh on our proposals so it would 'hopefully' push us to strive for the best marks. In my opinion, i thought it was a good idea.

blindfolded

HSC
Yeah we got our proposals back a few weeks ago.
Currently having severe motivational problems. I can't say I'm shocked though.

E

Empyrean444

Another late check-in, and I am attempting my hand at poetry.

I still feel very confused right now, and my log book is practically empty. Help ):
You have 3500 words to write in total - which isn't a lot, and if you put in the effort, you ought to be able to write it out fast enough and then get down to editing.

The only way to improve your poetics is to practice it, as the old maxim goes - practice practice practice. You musn't worry too much, while you practice, about the quality of your verse. It will start off crap, but will improve as you go along. For these practices (remember: they do not have to be submitted obviously) just take an idea and run with it. Once the poem is finished, read over it: determine what is good, and what is bad. Then rewrite it, trying to keep the good and improve on the thing as a whole. No other efforts will avail you. By this process, you slowly will acquire the natural faculty for writing well and determining good/bad.

In addition, you ought to get some text books dealing with the matter. Examine verse from different periods; find something you like and try to emulate it. At this stage it is too late for you to be focused on rhyme (it is revolting unless it is done superbly - e.g. Pope), and these days few contemporaries, to their detriment, seem to like metre, so you probably should focus on developing a free verse style. You still must of course learn to apply basic and complex techniques - ie the obvious metaphor, simile, personification, hyperbole, alliteration, enjambment etc - but also you should study the more complex rhetorical schemes and tropes.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Thank you for that, that was very thorough and helpful.

However, I think I am most concerned with the state of my logbook - I have already gotten down to composing, and I have been already reading a lot of poetry.

I'm just not certain what to put in my logbook, they're really quite vague with that.

Last edited:

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Fuck fuck fuck.

I haven't done much either.

Shit. Not long left.

rosiegallagher

HSC
Hi is it to soon to post up Major Work???? WOuld be interested to see what eeryone thought. .THough i'm sure it wouldnt be great hahahaha!

rosiegallagher

HSC
When are your majors due? ours is on the august 28.... aghhh trials are so annoying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)