2009 HSC Essay Predictions (1 Viewer)

bayan92

HSC
What are you predicting the essays to be on??

Looking at the trends, I am guessing...

• Ecosytems at Risk: Biophysical Interactions
  • Urban Places: Role of World Cities
  • People and Economic Activity: Economic Enterprise at a Local Scale

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
For Urban Places, my teacher seems to be leaning towards Mega cities.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
+For Urban Places, i'm leaning towards Mega Cities. My teacher seems to think it will be about World Cities and the relationshops of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban centres... (which i pray to god it isn't)
+For Ecosystems at risk i reackon Biophysical Interactions, my teacher agrees

Rudroll

A Chicken in my Bag!
HSC
man i hope its world or mega cities, who would wanna write about urban dynamics and all that other stuff, theres just too much
I doubt it will be on urban dynamics as it was for 2008 and 2007 HSC, which is good :)

Yeah it might be a mega city question.

davox

HSC

For urban places, i think it will be world cities too. I dislike it too, especially dominance and dependance, but i think theyll ask for dominance and dependance and then we have to link it with the financial crisis. I would like it to be megacities, but hrmmm.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
For urban places, i think it will be world cities too. I dislike it too, especially dominance and dependance, but i think theyll ask for dominance and dependance and then we have to link it with the financial crisis. I would like it to be megacities, but hrmmm.
that is exactly what i was thinking. What skills do people reackon are going to be asked. I have strong feeling that a lot of statisitics going to be there o_O, (calculations hurt my brain)

HSC
Looking at the past papers on Economic Activity for global/local:

2001: local
2002: local
2003: Global
2004: Global
2005: local
2006: Global
2007: Global
2008: local
2009: ......

I'd say it's too hard to predict. There's been 4 Global and 4 Local, perhaps they'll ask for both? Can they do that?

JohnCena

HSC
Hacked into Board of Studies and got to the Geo Essays. They are mad easy, here they are below. (Hacking skills help)

Outline three challenges of living in mega-cities. Explain how people have responded to these challenges.

Compare and contrast the vulnerability and resilience of two ecosystems at risk.

Explain how global changes in an economic activity have affected an enterprise you have studied at a local scale.

random-1005

Banned
HSC

anyone that does geo is a noob, lol so boring, fukin climate graphs and then just bulllshit about climate change.

three essays and you dnt even get an options, just do all three, thats one shit subject.

tonyharrison

HSC
If i have to write about Sydney i will fail the exam.
Sydney was defs most boring topic.

Also, anyone know the difference between an economic activity and an economic enterprise?

Swalden

HSC
anyone that does geo is a noob, lol so boring, fukin climate graphs and then just bulllshit about climate change.

three essays and you dnt even get an options, just do all three, thats one shit subject.
Unlike you, some people actually have enough brain power to handle that

giggsy013

HSC
Hacked into Board of Studies and got to the Geo Essays. They are mad easy, here they are below. (Hacking skills help)

Outline three challenges of living in mega-cities. Explain how people have responded to these challenges.

Compare and contrast the vulnerability and resilience of two ecosystems at risk.

Explain how global changes in an economic activity have affected an enterprise you have studied at a local scale.
Thanks. You're obviously a very reliable source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)