2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (2 Viewers)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

i don't think it was stupid. i just want to make sure i definately have a spot to go back to next year and that i won't lose it.

think what is the definition of "deferring"

in doubt read the UAC guide.

if you cant comprehend a paragraph in the uac guide without your hand being held then good luck in uni is all i can say

B

bekmay

think what is the definition of "deferring"

in doubt read the UAC guide.

if you cant comprehend a paragraph in the uac guide without your hand being held then good luck in uni is all i can say
every university has different conditions for deffering, i was just after anybody who had done this before at Macquarie and how you applied again for the next year, as that is a condition of deferring here.

Leggs

HSC

every university has different conditions for deffering, i was just after anybody who had done this before at Macquarie and how you applied again for the next year, as that is a condition of deferring here.
Hey sorry
Yeah I deffered my spot. I got into chiro in 2007 and deferred that year. Then reapplied through UAC using all the UAC details you get during high school and put chiro down as my only option. My idea of it is that you have a guaranteed spot in the course you deferred, but if you switch up your options and put something else ahead of it you can be offered that and your deferred position is void.
I could be really wrong (apologies if I am) but that's how I THINK it works.

B

bekmay

Hey sorry
Yeah I deffered my spot. I got into chiro in 2007 and deferred that year. Then reapplied through UAC using all the UAC details you get during high school and put chiro down as my only option. My idea of it is that you have a guaranteed spot in the course you deferred, but if you switch up your options and put something else ahead of it you can be offered that and your deferred position is void.
I could be really wrong (apologies if I am) but that's how I THINK it works.
thanks HEAPS thats exactly what i wanted to know.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

When in doubt, contact someone at Macquarie:

Deferring your Degree

With Macquarie University you have the option to defer your place for one year. You can make your decision when you are made an offer into a degree by Macquarie University and you will have to make the decision either to accept it or defer by a date that will be made clear in the offer letter.

If you want to find out more about this please contact the Coursework Studies enquiries on Ph: (02) 9850 6410 or by email coursework@mq.edu.au
Source: Deferring your Degree

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

um how do we know wat books were spose to get? and where do we get them?

tinfoilhat

HSC

lol weren't you the one that asylum scared off a while ago

anyway there is countless threads on textbooks - tip: use the search function

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

so this just randomly popped into my head this morning and i do realise how trivial it is, but what do you call your lecturers and tutors? mr jones, prof jones, bob?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A

so this just randomly popped into my head this morning and i do realise how trivial it is, but what do you call your lecturers and tutors? mr jones, prof jones, bob?
It is a good question, as I had no idea in first year either (even still, when I email academics for the first time, I don't know what to call them, I usually go with Dr/Prof for the first few, then by their first name eventually if it is via email).

Given that most psych tutors are still students themselves (i.e. me, if your doing psy104 this year :p), then you would call them by their first name. For lecturers, who are usually doctors or professors - it depends! however, at least in the case of psych staff, most are fine with students calling them by their first name.

dance2urownbeat

HSC

It is a good question, as I had no idea in first year either (even still, when I email academics for the first time, I don't know what to call them, I usually go with Dr/Prof for the first few, then by their first name eventually if it is via email).

Given that most psych tutors are still students themselves (i.e. me, if your doing psy104 this year :p), then you would call them by their first name. For lecturers, who are usually doctors or professors - it depends! however, at least in the case of psych staff, most are fine with students calling them by their first name.
haha thanks cyan. i guess i'll just call them whatever they introduce themselves as. i am indeed doing psy104...so you're a tutor then? that's cool :)

atreus

HSC

are there any 2nd-hand bookshops at the uni?

2nd hand books are sold in the u@ mq shop, but i think i read something about making it a bigger thing, maybe a separate shop/space. can't remember where i saw it though.

dance2urownbeat

HSC

soo i can't load this webpage about o week: O-Week

anyone else? it's really bugging me. won't open in firefox or internet explorer...suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)