2009 Main Round cut-offs (1 Viewer)

lou071

HSC
N/A
People I am sorry I ask a lot of foolish questions, but
it is because I am not informed well on what to do
from high school.
This site is where I get information on what to do.
Once again I am sorry

Kujah

HSC
N/A
from high school.
Once again I am sorry
Its okay but the USyd Enrolment and UAC website does provide some information, and if in doubt, try using the Search function for similar threads. If that doesn't do anything, ask.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
from high school.
Once again I am sorry

It's not your high school's fault. Most high schools will NOT tell you these things, it's up to you to search them out yourself.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Earlier today the 2009 main round cut-offs were prematurely released on the UAC site. Many of you would have seen the document here. It has now been removed from the UAC website.

Please note that having a UAI above or below the published cut-off does not necessarily mean that you have received or missed out on an offer. Please wait until the release of offers tomorrow for confirmation.

You are free to discuss the contents of the document here, but please no direct links.

Last edited:

erm

HSC
ahaha i was waiting for this thread to appear.

danz90

HSC
If there are vacancies in a particular course, then does that mean that everyone who applied for that particular course (unless they were offered a higher preference) would've been made an offer, regardless of their UAI?

dolbinau

HSC
UWS engineering cut off was 70 but my Brother got 69.60 - he has no bonus points at all. Does this mean he missed out?

He didn't live in Sydney so is it possible we could ring up and say regional NSW and try and get him in?

spence

HSC
If there are vacancies in a particular course, then does that mean that everyone who applied for that particular course (unless they were offered a higher preference) would've been made an offer, regardless of their UAI?
No sometimes they keep the cutoffs high w/o filling the courses
document said:
If you applied for a course marked with a ‘V’ and you were not made an offer, your qualifications may not have been sufficient to gain entry into the course in this round.

Last edited:

piitb

HSC

no. many course have cutoff regarless of vacancies. e.g advance courses have cutoff of 90, depsite have vacancies.

so it means if you got a uai of say 40 you wont be able to get into advance science even if there was vacancies

unis have lowered thier standards, but not to that extent

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
ummm....dear OP

obviously if ur above the uai cut off then u have a place

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
:hammer:

So, what are the chances that you will NOT receive an offer despite being above the released cutoff?
close to impossible....dnt hav to knowledge to comment but common sense should prevail

lionking1191

HSC
I would have thought zero. Rafy, can you explain?
where you have no fulfilled specific course requirements such as a pre-requisite subject (tho doesn't happen much in nsw) or a portfolio/quiz/registration form etc.

which doesn't go for many courses, so you are most likely in if u made the cut-off

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, so it was a right move to download it. :D

If you want some courses' cut-off, I will be happy to post some. But otherwise, I won't accept private messages asking for document because it will just be too much for me....

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
you can't because you weren't here at the right time.

Go suffer until tomorrow 9pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)