2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

~untitled~

HSC
Haha, my dad nearly chopped off his finger, noone believed him (i wasnt actually there at the time), he ended up having to go and get something to wrap it in himself.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Was that you still awake? Or waking up? Or a rude 'change the topic please'? Haha.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
yesterday i was at miranda westfield eating some kfc. now in the sutherland shire we have lots of dirty trashy year 9-10 girls who hang around in miranda and take drugs.

anyway two such girls came up to my table. i had just bought some valentine's day flowers for my gf and one of them said
"can i have one of your flowerz please!? *dazed expression*" and i said
"hmm nah sorry they're for my girlfriend" and they both go
"THATS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEE! WHATS HER NAME?!",
"Julia" i replied
"OMGGGGZZ IS YOUR NAME ROMEO?! cos then you could be romeo and julia!!!"
i sat there for a moment, honestly unable to tell whether she knew that it wasn't the right name, but i didn't much time to decide.

the girl stood up and then kneeled down, yelling loudly "JULIA JULIA WHERE FOR ART YOU JULIA!!?!"

people looked sympathetically at me, everyone knows about the trash girls. it just happened that it was my day to have to put up with them.

the girl got up and sat back down in the chair.

"wait so can i have a flower?" said the other girl

"no they're for julia remember?"

"THAT IS SOOOO CUTE." they both said again, "wait why is one of them plastic?"

i explained how you get 12 roses but get one of them plastic, and then say something corny to a girl like "i'll stop loving you when all of them have withered"

the girls sat there staring blankly, eyes not quite open, mouths slightly open.

"wait" said one, "why will you stop loving her when the flowers are dead? don't flowers only last like a couple of days"

me - *sigh*

luckily for me a security guard started walking towards them talking into his walkie talkie. they immediately got up and ran away.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha yuck.

Hey Chris, remember that time that girl nearly drove you to Maitland? That was so weird.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
No, not really :p Just really really stupid. Got side-tracked by Chris' extremely chatty gf, thought I was on King, but was actually on Hunter, and knew I had to sit on it for a while. I was aware of cars on the road but wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings, then saw a sign for a speed camera and was suddenly wtfing, but there was a turning bay right where i realised. Heh, so dumb.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Haha yuck.

Hey Chris, remember that time that girl nearly drove you to Maitland? That was so weird.
Yeah I do.

What about that time that 12 year old kid tried to pick you up. Giving you his card, and dropping that cheesy line.

You loved it.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I honestly sat here trying to work that one out. So..I'll uh, treat that as a joke.

blue_chameleon

HSC
I honestly sat here trying to work that one out. So..I'll uh, treat that as a joke.
Oh, I get it now. When you drove us pass the Sandgate Rd turnoff and we ended up heading towards Hexham.

Kekeke.

Ignore previous comment. Thought you were randomly having a joke. :eek:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Drove past a church near me today that had on it's billboard "God doesn't have any grandchildren". Wtf does that mean? Random statement?..implying we are God's children? Stating Jesus was a virgin? Either way, sounds pretty shit to me.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
dare you to get a sharpie and scribble 'because gays can't have kids' underneath it

osamabanana

HSC
my two quirks for the day were coming out of a lecture in the morning and seeing a guy i knew from school and him telling me he was doing "discreet mathematics" which to me seemed like they all go into the lecture and sit in the corner do maths hoping nobody will realise. The other quirk was finding a plaque on the urinal in the shortland building.

probably not funny to you guys but they both made me laugh

blue_chameleon

HSC
my two quirks for the day were coming out of a lecture in the morning and seeing a guy i knew from school and him telling me he was doing "discreet mathematics" which to me seemed like they all go into the lecture and sit in the corner do maths hoping nobody will realise. The other quirk was finding a plaque on the urinal in the shortland building.
Yeah man, it's actually been put there upon request from academics from the Bus/Law faculty. They frequent the union and mamadukes for lunches, and needed something to aim for.

"Quirk" of the day for me was me getting out of bed at the painfully early time of 10:30am and rushing into uni like a good uni student, all full of hope for my lecture today, heading to the lecture room and realising nobody was there. Perplexed, I head to the AIC to recheck the lecture room and time, and find it's in that lecture room, but not until 1pm.

How embarassment. :eek:

~untitled~

HSC
Drove past a church near me today that had on it's billboard "God doesn't have any grandchildren". Wtf does that mean? Random statement?..implying we are God's children? Stating Jesus was a virgin? Either way, sounds pretty shit to me.
I think it means that people think christianity isnt a modern idea and that it is like god is their great great great grandfather or whatever and basically has no valid input in their lives today, but the sign is trying to imply that he has only direct children, and is trying to say that he does still have that same impact. If this is that case however, they have managed to word it in a very obscure manner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)