2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
sounds like the "holy water" was spiked

My quirk is that for the only course in engineering that requires an essay, the lecturer/marker whose english is shit made an announcement on blackboard welcoming us to the "jerney" of her course.

God help us all from the chinese invasion.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
sounds like the "holy water" was spiked

My quirk is that for the only course in engineering that requires an essay, the lecturer/marker whose english is shit made an announcement on blackboard welcoming us to the "jerney" of her course.

God help us all from the chinese invasion.
Mmmmm. I'm thinking of beef jerky.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
A guy in my class last night was picking his nose and eating it. I remember seeing him do it first year, but it still doesn't prepare you to how disgusting it is.

He's one of those super smart socially awkward freaks.

blue_chameleon

HSC
A guy in my class last night was picking his nose and eating it. I remember seeing him do it first year, but it still doesn't prepare you to how disgusting it is.

He's one of those super smart socially awkward freaks.
Oh dude, how old is this guy?

Maybe old habits die hard, but still.

chamelia

HSC
Wowsa. "Jerney". Don't let this leave the Newie forum. You do know we would be slaughtered for admitting to a lecturer that dumb.

Actually I would consider making a complaint. How can you have such an uneducated woman giving you a university standard education? I wouldn't even want a primary school kid to be educated by someone that lax with their spelling.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Oh dude, how old is this guy?

Maybe old habits die hard, but still.
He'd most likely be the same age as me. The dude is pretty freaking scary. He looks like a psycho.

Wowsa. "Jerney". Don't let this leave the Newie forum. You do know we would be slaughtered for admitting to a lecturer that dumb.

Actually I would consider making a complaint. How can you have such an uneducated woman giving you a university standard education? I wouldn't even want a primary school kid to be educated by someone that lax with their spelling.
Last year, there was an open forum that all engineers could see that contained people talking about it and some of the posts were hilarious. One person actually suggested we get the media involved, because what they're doing is just stealing out money for a useless course.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Hmm. Seems a bit bleak/negative to me.
I hate ones that try to make you feel bad. Boooo. How is that the Christian way? Pft.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
first day of uni i found my cricket captain on campus, i think he is doing first year law, i was suprised to see him there mainly since he is like 40 and yer haha idk

then on wednesday i was telling this friend a story, and after i left her i ran into him which i found amusing,

its cool anyway the guys a champ

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Lol tried to get a parking ticket near the math building today,
but the thing was jammed with coins. Best person ever who did that.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Lol tried to get a parking ticket near the math building today,
but the thing was jammed with coins. Best person ever who did that.
"Someone" and his friends were considering the idea of "accidentally" slipping loctite into the coin slots of all the ticketing machines around the university at night time. Would cost the uni a good fortune in lost revenues over the time it takes to address the problem and get new machines installed.

But of course, it was all a pipe dream.

:(

blue_chameleon

HSC
I remember this *veteran*.
Oh shi-

I just remembered I told you gais about this last yr sometime.

How was OBall? Am at work now.

:eek: Totally almost forgot hey. Didn't realise until about 11 that I was doing the Mid -5 shift.

Llllluuuuccccckkkkkyyyyy.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh really good! I'm an old fart though and bailed early :eek: I missed the Casette Kids and Yves Klein Blue (nooo) but all the bands were really great :D Drank way too much, but thankfully all pre-drinks and then all I needed there was free water, wootah!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Also, did anyone else's car get severely shat on on Wednesday night? Apparently it poured hard and brought down a whole pile of shit from the atmosphere (assuming from recent bushfires). So cut, washed that shit on Tuesday. Least I hadn't done the windows yet. Grr.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Also, did anyone else's car get severely shat on on Wednesday night? Apparently it poured hard and brought down a whole pile of shit from the atmosphere (assuming from recent bushfires). So cut, washed that shit on Tuesday. Least I hadn't done the windows yet. Grr.
mine still displays the grimy remains of that fateful night.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh, I washed mine again today. Wasn't as easy to remove as I thought it'd be. I guess it baked on a bit over the days.

Edit: You should've texted me you were working Chris. Would've drunkenly stumbled over. Maybe had a bit of a hurl in your little desk area or something :)

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Aww nah, it's not that bad..just caked on a lot more than I expected is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)