2010 official "funny quirks of my day" thread. (1 Viewer)

HSC
these were over a few days:

1) before my physics practical lab, some guy used deo just before we all went in...and when we got divided up into our groups, his one consisted of all guys.
and i dont mean like one or two sprays...i mean like 10...

2) some guy at the train station just casually walked up to bin(like one of those tall green ones) and shoved his hand pretty much straight into it, just to get a mX newspaper, while i waited patiently for 5 minutes for the train and found one on a seat :)

3) a father tried to explain to her daughter what a "dick" was when she asked after she overheard a conversation between a couple of teenagers.
edit: daughter was like idk...7-10?

Last edited:

Icystealer

HSC
In the HUBS lecture today, some of my biomed friends were working on calculating our newly developmed unit of measurement... "UPM" or "Umm's Per Minute".

Today Karen reached a maximum velocity of approx. 24 UPM - impressive! =/ lol

Icystealer, are you doing Biomed as a degree, or just doing a HUBS course as part of your degree?
Lol my friend also did the ummm thing last week lol if i recall she said umm about 94 times in 1 hour lecture.

I probs shud say i do the HUBS course as part of my degree as i dont really do biomed. Im more just overlapping for a transfer into Nutrition and Dietetics next year, hopefully.

sam5

HSC
lol... you're a crack up.

reckon you'll come to chem tomoro?

EDIT:

I just printed out 25 pages of a chem task book and got all the pages jumbled and printed some of them upside down.

farking hell! :angry:
yes i will be at chem, cos ive got a 2hr psych lecture from 3 - 5.

my mate from school doin CHEM1010 has attended no more than 3 lectures, so ive got a good record compared to him.

i like ur sense of humour..... similar to mine.

For the chem booklet: have fun sortin that out.

jackydoll

HSC

1) before my physics practical lab, some guy used deo just before we all went in...and when we got divided up into our groups, his one consisted of all guys.

2) some guy at the train station just casually walked up to bin(like one of those tall green ones) and shoved his hand pretty much straight into it, just to get a mX newspaper, while i waited patiently for 5 minutes for the train and found one on a seat :)

3) a father tried to explain to her daughter what a "dick" was when she asked after she overheard a conversation between a couple of teenagers.
edit: daughter was like idk...7-10?
LOLLOLLOL

I'm all for the uni being moved to Newcastle's CBD. Its current location is just.. shit.

Guess one of my funny quirks of the day was seeing a guy falling asleep in the brennan room, he would have been asleep for a pretty decent period of time too.

The $5 minimum limit on eftpos at all the places is starting to annoy me though lol. Had a couple of struggles with that recently, I'm used to just paying with my card.
FUCKLOLFUCK

Anyways

There was man on the bus to Charlestown and he was talking in CAPS LOCK and snorting. Very obnoxious. Saw the mentally incapacitated man as well.

HSC
oh there was one more, but its not really funny.
there was some indonesian or like really south south east guy who was looking at the new twilight trailers on youtube..................over...............and....................over..................again..............-.-(maybe 7-8 times?)
i seriously wanted to turn his computer off.

jackydoll

HSC
there was some indonesian or like really south south east guy who was looking at the new twilight trailers on youtube..................over...............and....................over..................again..............-.-(maybe 7-8 times?)
Oh dear god no.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha I remember one time I was in the lab part of the AIC and this dude in front of me kept watching episodes of Japanese game shows and stuff. Pretty hilarious stuff. Mostly anthropomorphic monkeys.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
yes i will be at chem, cos ive got a 2hr psych lecture from 3 - 5.

my mate from school doin CHEM1010 has attended no more than 3 lectures, so ive got a good record compared to him.

i like ur sense of humour..... similar to mine.

For the chem booklet: have fun sortin that out.
Eww... physics then chem?! My heart goes out to you buddy =/ lol

Twilight. Eww.

On that note I saw a girl at the petrol station today and she had a bumper sticker - "I drive like a Cullen".

Made me lol something chronic... =P

OH ALSO - I got that petrol (ULP 91) for 119 today too...Caltex northbound on the way to Broadmeadow... WIN!!

sam5

HSC
Eww... physics then chem?! My heart goes out to you buddy =/ lol
Psych - not physics.

Psych was interesting today. Never ended up goin to chem, temptation to go home got the better of me.

Wanless have any departing messages?

MailMofo

HSC
On the train to Hamilton this morning, when some blind drunk 40 + year old woman keeps staring at me. Five minutes later she's sitting next to me telling me how i look like her son and how she believes in mulch.

I'm taking a wizz in the math block toilets when some guy walks in, thinking the toilets are empty, so he lets out this massive fart while pushing out a dookie.

I stayed in the toilet block until he left to avoid awkwardness.

penguin.ali

HSC
Watched numerous people wander up to reading room 2, rattle the doors for five minutes, then walk away looking rather confused.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I stayed in the toilet block until he left to avoid awkwardness.
Wtf? Why would you hang around with that smell just to avoid a moment that wouldn't actually be *that* awkward.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
On that note I saw a girl at the petrol station today and she had a bumper sticker - "I drive like a Cullen".

Made me lol something chronic... =P
Haha my god. That's so terrible, it's almost good..but I bet the owner of the sticker believes it :cold:

emmcyclopedia said:
OH ALSO - I got that petrol (ULP 91) for 119 today too...Caltex northbound on the way to Broadmeadow... WIN!!
What road was this? Fairly certain the woolies going from Broadmeadow to Kotara was 114.9! Well, with voucher, but yeh.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Wtf? Why would you hang around with that smell just to avoid a moment that wouldn't actually be *that* awkward.
Haha I thought this too. That it would be more awkward.

Whereas the guy who did the massive fart should've waited :p

DanHickm

HSC
I actually really like Callaghan campus... the trees and walks are so beautiful, sometimes I'll just go for a walk in my break and find a new little pathway, enjoy the view a little =)
Just imagine being able to walk along the foreshore/beach during your breaks! That would be awesome.

EDIT:
Kakashi Hatake said:

Ahaha, which physics do you do?

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
One of my lectures for MATH2310, will whisper into the mic "it's magic" everytime, its awesome.

My quirk of the day was yesterday though, Im a second year engineer, yet I had a lecture on what a full stop, comma, semi colon, colon, etc was. We got a sheet which had all the different punuation on one side, and their uses and meanings on the right side and we had to match them up. Before we spend an hour listening to examples of how they are used.

And as you can see I obviously didn't pick any of it up :p

DanHickm

HSC
Oh, aha. Just remembered a "quirk" from my day. This kid a couple of rows infront of us was playing chess on his laptop and pretty much everyone in our row was watching, instead of listening to this lady who was replacing our awesome physics lecturer for today.

The funny thing was he lost miserably, and we all found it pretty funny. Then he started playing that cake game included in Windows 7 (Purble Place or something). My friend snorted with laughter and the kid just gave him the weirdest look. Then it was one of those situations where you just can't stop laughing.. pretty funny.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Oh, aha. Just remembered a "quirk" from my day. This kid a couple of rows infront of us was playing chess on his laptop and pretty much everyone in our row was watching, instead of listening to this lady who was replacing our awesome physics lecturer for today.

The funny thing was he lost miserably, and we all found it pretty funny. Then he started playing that cake game included in Windows 7 (Purble Place or something). My friend snorted with laughter and the kid just gave him the weirdest look. Then it was one of those situations where you just can't stop laughing.. pretty funny.
hehe reminds me of one of my 1st year chem lectures, my group of mates sat up the back when we had lectures in the nursing threatre, and down the front this girl was playing pokemon on her laptop, and everyone behind he was cheering everytime she won a battle. It was pretty lols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)