2012 Economics HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone post a probable microeconomic policy question? I can't seem to find one

Mek9

HSC
Just by even looking at the syllabus for labour market policies, what is there to argue/justify/discuss/analyse? It's all 'law = THIS THIS THIS'. If they come after us with 'how effective is dispute resolution in recent years?' ... We dun goofed.
Yeah it's pretty shit to write an essay on it.

cliches

HSC
Highly Doubt a BOP / CAD question will be an essay :p
well thats what my teacher told me. he said BOP / CAD is usually in short-answers.

For Essays i think
Macro/Micro Mix
External Stability
Labour markets
Globalisation

Hoangsta

HSC
Belonging
Integration
Production of Materials
and Astrophysics.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: Official: 2012 Economics HSC Exam predictions thread

My teacher thinks this as well - makes sense considering it is a current issue and it would be easy to find relevant stimulus info. If there is an option between labour markets and environment ill probably storm out of the exam room in anger!
People thought this last year as well so don't get your hopes up! Since they didn't give us one last year i guess it makes it quite likely there will be one for 2012 though. People in the past have always assumed there is a case study essay option and they tried stopping that in 2010/2011 by having it as a short question and it wouldn't surprise me if they did it again, but even if not the 2011 question for case study had a bit of a trick to it as well so i'd say it's likely they will try and do something again this year to prevent people just expecting to regurgitate case study stuff.

crazy_paki123

HSC
what would you write about labour market policies and environmental policies (ie carbon tax)

BandarSingh

HSC
I'm rooting for an essay question on international and regional business cycles...that'll really sort kids out

Bloodstriker

HSC
If we get an essay on Carbon tax, would have to discuss only environmental management (topic 4), or do we have to write about environmental sustainability (top 3)?

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
If we get an essay on Carbon tax, would have to discuss only environmental management (topic 4), or do we have to write about environmental sustainability (top 3)?
it wont be purely on the carbon tax, itll be about environmental sustainability with an extract on the carbon tax to include throughout. Chapter 12 bro

Washy_182

HSC
I'd also try to add distribution of income in with carbon tax if it was asked

deano777

HSC
Scared absolutely sh*tless for this exam. I know my case study, Cad, Environment, and Macroeconomic policies effectiveness well. As much as I have tried to learn labour market it isnt sinking in.

deano777

HSC
If the options are Labour market and MER.... I will walk out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)