• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Yeah apparently that's the statistic. It's the 10% that come here not as a refugee that worry me.. why travel on an extremely risky journey if you aren't a refugee?
Because they might not want to live in shitty iraq or afghanistan anymore? ever thought of that? Not exactly theyre sneaking over and cause OMG TERRORIRSZM. Most terror attacks in western country are caused by people with legitimate visas' anyway (lots of chemical engineering students... go figure). it just means the 10% don't qualify as refugees, but it doesn't mean there here to cause harm.

oldmacs

HSC
hmmm……

Either Abbott turning the boats around or them going to PNG via Rudd.

I would rather PNG over people in boats drowning from being sent back. I do wish there was a fair and safe way for genuine refugees to come to Australia.

Jimmy2064

HSC
Because they might not want to live in shitty iraq or afghanistan anymore? ever thought of that? Not exactly theyre sneaking over and cause OMG TERRORIRSZM. Most terror attacks in western country are caused by people with legitimate visas' anyway (lots of chemical engineering students... go figure). it just means the 10% don't qualify as refugees, but it doesn't mean there here to cause harm.
Well I don't want people in this country who have practically no identity, and neither do a lot of other people, and being sarcastic about terrorism is completely immature to say the least. I understand that the majority of them are not here to cause harm, but terrorism, whether you like it or not, is a real threat in society today. That's besides the point anyway, if they are confirmed legitimate refugees then let them in. If they are not, then personally I don't want them in this country.

Emily Howard

HSC
bogan pride blow dem boats out ov da water yo

gotta stop dem mexicans invadin

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Well I don't want people in this country who have practically no identity, and neither do a lot of other people, and being sarcastic about terrorism is completely immature to say the least. I understand that the majority of them are not here to cause harm, but terrorism, whether you like it or not, is a real threat in society today. That's besides the point anyway, if they are confirmed legitimate refugees then let them in. If they are not, then personally I don't want them in this country.
You know more Australians died from terror attacks overseas than in Australia right? You realize that the profile of most terrorists are

1. Have a lot of money incoming through bank accounts in lump sums (explosive material aint cheap)
2. Are in university
3. Single, male usually around 20-25 (hint, NOT PEOPLE COMING ON BOATS WITH KIDS).
4. VERY low profile in communities
5. Are on valid student visas usually studying some sort of engineering.

yeah all them boat people are such a serious national security risk right? Smartest way to sneak into this country is through the boats and be in mandatory detention! what a great way of slipping under the radar. We need more men like you jimmy to defend us from all those terrorists coming in through boats. Not like we don't have an intelligence agency to protect us right.

Garygaz

HSC
conversely, the coalition will be quite disappointed they still have abbott at the helm

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
hmmm……

Either Abbott turning the boats around or them going to PNG via Rudd.

I would rather PNG over people in boats drowning from being sent back. I do wish there was a fair and safe way for genuine refugees to come to Australia.
I disagree. Turning the boats around will be better. They will most likely stop trying after a while and itll be a hell of a lot cheaper. Or we could stop it happening at the source and do a deal with Indonesia to stop them in their tracks

over all though, we sure have got ourselves in a dilemma. If only Howards policy wasnt fooled with in the beginning

Jimmy2064

HSC
You know more Australians died from terror attacks overseas than in Australia right? You realize that the profile of most terrorists are

1. Have a lot of money incoming through bank accounts in lump sums (explosive material aint cheap)
2. Are in university
3. Single, male usually around 20-25 (hint, NOT PEOPLE COMING ON BOATS WITH KIDS).
4. VERY low profile in communities
5. Are on valid student visas usually studying some sort of engineering.

yeah all them boat people are such a serious national security risk right? Smartest way to sneak into this country is through the boats and be in mandatory detention! what a great way of slipping under the radar. We need more men like you jimmy to defend us from all those terrorists coming in through boats. Not like we don't have an intelligence agency to protect us right.
I must ask you, do you even read brah?

I understand that the majority of them are not here to cause harm, but terrorism, whether you like it or not, it's a real threat in society today.
I never once said that you were incorrect about the profile of a terrorist, so extrapolating on that was rather unnecessary... If you're that narrow minded to think terrorist organisations wouldn't exploit every possible opportunity they could, especially our weak immigration laws and piss ant white knights with a "let them all come in" view, then I sure as hell don't want you, isildurrrr, involved whatsoever in our 'intelligence agency' - because there isn't much of that in you.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I must ask you, do you even read brah?
I never once said that you were incorrect about the profile of a terrorist, so extrapolating on that was rather unnecessary... If you're that narrow minded to think terrorist organisations wouldn't exploit every possible opportunity they could, especially our weak immigration laws and piss ant white knights with a "let them all come in" view, then I sure as hell don't want you, isildurrrr, involved whatsoever in our 'intelligence agency' - because there isn't much of that in you.
We have weak immigration laws? Son you must be out of your damn mind, Australia so weak that we have to send some poor brown person to a shithole to win bogan votes, yeah totally an immigration issue. You know what slips through more on immigration? Fraudulent documents, that's even more of an issue towards national security than some boat people. Terrorists infiltrating australia through dingy boats... HAH. Yeah tell the American government to really watch out for their border, terrorists are going to slip through via mexico! Yeah terrorism, such a real threat to our national security, you know its not like we didn't train indonesian death squads to do our dirty work for us. Terrorism is more of a threat to our two muslim neighbors than it is for us.

edit: btw jimmy, what is your background? if any part of your family wasn't here for at least 3 generations, please stfu about immigration, makes you quite the hypocrite.

Last edited:

Jimmy2064

HSC
We have weak immigration laws? Son you must be out of your damn mind, Australia so weak that we have to send some poor brown person to a shithole to win bogan votes, yeah totally an immigration issue. You know what slips through more on immigration? Fraudulent documents, that's even more of an issue towards national security than some boat people. Terrorists infiltrating australia through dingy boats... HAH. Yeah tell the American government to really watch out for their border, terrorists are going to slip through via mexico! Yeah terrorism, such a real threat to our national security, you know its not like we didn't train indonesian death squads to do our dirty work for us. Terrorism is more of a threat to our two muslim neighbors than it is for us.

edit: btw jimmy, what is your background? if any part of your family wasn't here for at least 3 generations, please stfu about immigration, makes you quite the hypocrite.
By stating we have weak immigration laws that was encompassing everything you simple minded fool, it wasn't specifically aimed at asylum seekers, however I knew when writing it you would take that approach. Needless to say I was correct. Terrorism is a real threat to our national security, and for you to think it isn't, then you're more half witted then I had originally presumed.. "Terrorism? Oh no, that only happens in America".

For your information, my family is completely Australian and has been since settlement, so before you jump to conclusions about my nationality... ead.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
By stating we have weak immigration laws that was encompassing everything you simple minded fool, it wasn't specifically aimed at asylum seekers, however I knew when writing it you would take that approach. Needless to say I was correct. Terrorism is a real threat to our national security, and for you to think it isn't, then you're more half witted then I had originally presumed.. "Terrorism? Oh no, that only happens in America".

For your information, my family is completely Australian and has been since settlement, so before you jump to conclusions about my nationality... ead.
You do realize our biggest threat of terrorism isn't overseas jihadists right? It's mostly home grown muslim at risk youths who have turned towards radical islam. Same with the USA, their biggest threat towards national security aren't omg muslims from a cave in Afghanistan, it's mostly anti-government local militia movements, so it has nothing to do with immigration. You must been drinking too much koolaid to think terrorist attacks in australia is our biggest national security, when overseas attacks have caused more deaths towards australians. You can thank the densus 88 (indonesian anti-terror group) for keeping australians safe. I bet you didn't even know the top two terror organizations in the region have committed more harm to our muslim neighbors than us.

Jimmy2064

HSC
You do realize our biggest threat of terrorism isn't overseas jihadists right? It's mostly home grown muslim at risk youths who have turned towards radical islam. Same with the USA, their biggest threat towards national security aren't omg muslims from a cave in Afghanistan, it's mostly anti-government local militia movements, so it has nothing to do with immigration. You must been drinking too much koolaid to think terrorist attacks in australia is our biggest national security, when overseas attacks have caused more deaths towards australians. You can thank the densus 88 (indonesian anti-terror group) for keeping australians safe. I bet you didn't even know the top two terror organizations in the region have committed more harm to our muslim neighbors than us.
Where did I ever limit terrorism to only international sources? Where did I ever say that terrorist attacks were our biggest national security issue? Your whole point is flawed.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The polls are very interesting in 2010 federal election Newspoll was the most accurate poll but in 2001 federal election Morgan was the most accurate. I think Morgan could be the most accurate in 2013 federal election. Moreover, if an election was held now the Coalition would win according to Poll Bludger.

Last edited:

Emily Howard

HSC
interbeastin the more tym rudd has in power b4 da election increases da likelihood ov voters realizin wat a twat he is

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Wayne Swan in the 2013 federal budget said that Labor will pay off net federal government debt by 2021. Peter Costello said that the federal government most likely pay off net federal government debt by 2033 (20 years from now). The after shocks of the Global Financial Crisis will most likely last for two decades. I expect the global economy to remain fragile over the next decade. Peter Costello is one of Australia's greatest federal Treasurers in Australian political history. Peter Costello says that the best case scenario is net federal government being payed off in ten years time i.e. in 2023. Costello extrapolated the fragility in the international economy as the key reason why paying down net federal government debt could take two decades. Peter Costello admitted that Labor was doing a strong job in economic management during the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. Costello also admitted that he had underestimated the Global Financial Crisis in 2007 when he was Treasurer. Most likely if Peter Costello had been Treasurer in 2008/2009 Australia would be in recession. John Howard said that "the Australian people always get it right" when it comes to the federal election, hinting that he deserved to lose the 2007 federal election. I conclude by saying that the Labor party is the best party to be in government during this time of economic crisis in the international economy. Now is not the time for reckless fiscal cutbacks which in material fact take a huge sledge hammer to our economic growth and to jobs. Working with economic stimulus we produced an outcome that is the envy of the Western world. We have low unemployment, low inflation, strong economic growth and strong public finances. Our economy cannot manage with Mr Abbott’s reckless cuts to the bone. Stop an economic depression we must. Stop an economic depression we will. Vote Labor.

Jimmy2064

HSC
Wayne Swan in the 2013 federal budget said that Labor will pay off net federal government debt by 2021. Peter Costello said that the federal government most likely pay off net federal government debt by 2033 (20 years from now). The after shocks of the Global Financial Crisis will most likely last for two decades. I expect the global economy to remain fragile over the next decade. Peter Costello is one of Australia's greatest federal Treasurers in Australian political history. Peter Costello says that the best case scenario is net federal government being payed off in ten years time i.e. in 2023. Costello extrapolated the fragility in the international economy as the key reason why paying down net federal government debt could take two decades. Peter Costello admitted that Labor was doing a strong job in economic management during the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. Costello also admitted that he had underestimated the Global Financial Crisis in 2007 when he was Treasurer. Most likely if Peter Costello had been Treasurer in 2008/2009 Australia would be in recession. John Howard said that "the Australian people always get it right" when it comes to the federal election, hinting that he deserved to lose the 2007 federal election. I conclude by saying that the Labor party is the best party to be in government during this time of economic crisis in the international economy. Now is not the time for reckless fiscal cutbacks which in material fact take a huge sledge hammer to our economic growth and to jobs. Working with economic stimulus we produced an outcome that is the envy of the Western world. We have low unemployment, low inflation, strong economic growth and strong public finances. Our economy cannot manage with Mr Abbott’s reckless cuts to the bone. Stop an economic depression we must. Stop an economic depression we will. Vote Labor.
You listen wayyy too much to what politicians 'say' is going to happen haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)