Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Statement released confirming Rudd has called an election for September 7

It’s on.
A few moments ago I saw the Governor-General and asked that she dissolve this parliament and call the Federal Election for September 7.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Labor's (3 word) campaign slogan is 'A new way'.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
How is less regulation redistribution to a specific group? A freer market means LESS people are privileged or subsidized, not vise versa.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make but the Coalition will redistribute taxpayers money to Carbon emitters under the guise of the Direct Action policy and his Paid maternity leave scheme will give pregnant women that earn 150k money from someone else. The Coalition are NOT free market otherwise they wouldn't be so fervently opposed to a policy that advocates the use of market forces to combat climate change.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Prepare your butts for a 5week long onslaught of campaign ads.

Garygaz

HSC
i don't know how reachtel can have abbott ahead in preferred pm when rudd was 16 points ahead of abbott on the last roy morgan poll less than 2 weeks ago. either calling different electorates or australians really are fickle idiots.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i don't know how reachtel can have abbott ahead in preferred pm when rudd was 16 points ahead of abbott on the last roy morgan poll less than 2 weeks ago. either calling different electorates or australians really are fickle idiots.
If Roy Morgan is as loose with their polls as they are with their unemployment stats then I wouldn't trust then as far as I could throw them

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The telegraph is appalling, honestly, why they bother to even claim they are journalists is beyond me.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Newspoll also 52-48.

Significant declines in Rudd's approval ratings too.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The telegraph is appalling, honestly, why they bother to even claim they are journalists is beyond me.
The front page is an extract from their editorial and that is made clear. i.e it is an opinion piece, they make no claim it was meant to be an actual news story. Editorials and op eds are normally biased and take a particular view.

Free press. Don't like it, don't read it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The front page is an extract from their editorial and that is made clear. i.e it is an opinion piece, they make no claim it was meant to be an actual news story. Editorials and op eds are normally biased and take a particular view.

They're morally reprehensible to the point where I don't consider them the press. If Rupert wants to influence policy so much then he should run for parliament, or otherwise fuck off.

PS yes, certainly the 6 point 1 line word of editorial makes it patently clear that its an editorial piece rater than a blatant attempt to abuse their market share to increase their profits at the expense of actual policy.

Edit: of my mistake they say it twice in 6 point text. Definitely with that second one a casual observer would definitely clearly identity it as editorial content. *eye roll*

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
However, Mr Abbott pledged not to negotiate for power in any circumstances. ''There's a commitment that I want to give you. There will not be a minority government led by me. There will not be deals done with independents and minor parties under any political movement that I lead,'' he said

Great news! Unless the liberals alone get over 75 seats, abbot won't take on the leadership. Too bad the coalition didn't last.

Garygaz

HSC

family controlled, multi-billion dollar media empire which has been under attack in multiple countries for unethical/illegal practices = free press

gina rinehardt buying 18% stake with pocket change in fairfax

=

free press

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
Just putting out a prediction - whatever party loses, their leader will be replaced

Don't quote me

jobguide_2014

HSC
N/A
g'day brutha's, not sure about you but this PNG solution is a bloody good idea i reckon. Sick of these free loadin bastards comin from ova there yonder and suckin our tax payer dollas. turn the boats around and turn the guns on em while we're at it!!!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Have to say I'm impressed the liberal ads are positive (although I think they're crap as ads)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

they are entitled to print what they please, doesn't make them any less appalling for just horrible journalism

Okashi

HSC
News Limited is on the side of the Coalition while ABC and Fairfax are on the side of Labor. Fair game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)