2014 business hsc predictions? (1 Viewer)

Colemans

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't the marker know if you make them up, or they don't care?

dim-sims

HSC
Which topics do you like most? (
I definitely feel most confident with operations and marketing. Finance is a bit shit. HR is the least memorable topic for me personally.

Lol I just realised this was a question for someone else... Oh well.

Timid

HSC
I definitely feel most confident with operations and marketing. Finance is a bit shit. HR is the least memorable topic for me personally.

I'm most confident with operations too! Both HR and marketing are alright, and finance is shitty.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Finance and HR was my strong point LOL. Meanwhile operations was meh. Marketing was pretty good, but likewise the rest of the state has marketing as their strength.

hungry

HSC
I'd prefer a long answer on marketing or operations, I remember marketing the most since I've gone over it a lot for other assessments and trials and stuff. I like operations as it has a logical feel to it, at least for me, so I feel more confident with it. I hate finance though, least familiar topic. And Human Resources is OK but since it was the last topic we did and we kinda rushed it I don't feel too confident with it.

I'm wondering if I should bother studying the case study though. We didn't do one in class so I'm doing the Crumpler one in the textbook. Do they usually ask many questions/high mark questions in reference to the case study? How much in depth should I know it, or is it just easier to make one up?

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Open question ;)

Most interesting topic for me is Finance, Followed by Operation/Marketing
then I find HR really boring..

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd prefer a long answer on marketing or operations, I remember marketing the most since I've gone over it a lot for other assessments and trials and stuff. I like operations as it has a logical feel to it, at least for me, so I feel more confident with it. I hate finance though, least familiar topic. And Human Resources is OK but since it was the last topic we did and we kinda rushed it I don't feel too confident with it.

I'm wondering if I should bother studying the case study though. We didn't do one in class so I'm doing the Crumpler one in the textbook. Do they usually ask many questions/high mark questions in reference to the case study? How much in depth should I know it, or is it just easier to make one up?

There's one business report at the end, but short answers may ask you to support them with 'revelent examples' i.e casestudies..

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Personally depends on your exam timetable if you have time to study for case studies or not ( I.e if you only have 1-2 exams this week or something)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I'd prefer a long answer on marketing or operations, I remember marketing the most since I've gone over it a lot for other assessments and trials and stuff. I like operations as has a logical feel to it, at least for me, so I feel more confident with it. I hate finance though, least familiar topic. And Human Resources is OK but since it was the last topic we did and we kinda rushed it I don't feel too confident with it.

Hardly any depth, i'd just go through some business articles on SMH and take some key points, all they want is for you to highlight how the content is applicable irl

E.g talk about how QANTAS uses outsourcing as a strategy to overcome the influence of cost-based competition from virgin through outsourcing maintenance overseas. I'd mention if this was effective or not (it hasn't been due to the various reliability issues) and acknowledge that it can be both effective or ineffective depending on the scenario. You don't need your whole argument to be based around the case study however it needs to be integrated well (don't just say QANTAS uses outsourcing in your concluding sentence).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)