2014 Fifa World Cup thread (1 Viewer)

Makematics

HSC
yay for chile. will support them now after bosnia and aus. they could potentially go to the semi or even finals :D no team so far has looked legitimately strong so this will be a very open world cup. will be great to see!

tonight's matches will be alright, nothing too great tho. tipping uruguay over england for sure

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
yay for chile. will support them now after bosnia and aus. they could potentially go to the semi or even finals :D no team so far has looked legitimately strong so this will be a very open world cup. will be great to see!

tonight's matches will be alright, nothing too great tho. tipping uruguay over england for sure
australia rly rattled chile in the second half of their match though

Makematics

HSC
australia rly rattled chile in the second half of their match though
true but then again like i said a lot of good teams/favourites have been shit which is why i think chile is in with a shot.
if you look at the favourites for the game, none of them have really shone. these are my top 8 so far.

1. argentina - have probably looked the best so far. only beat bosnia 2-1 with a weak-ish performance but that's nothing to really be ashamed of since bosnia is a really strong team (not i may be biased since im bosnian :p ). messi looked quite dangerous. could have a decent advantage over european teams in later rounds due to their proximity to brazil.

2. germany - destroyed portugal but we all know that wasnt a fair reflection of their ability. portugal was unorganised and sloppy at best. have a lot of pressure on them to do well. dont really have a conventional #9 anymore which could be a problem against better teams.

3. netherlands - shocked the world by fucking up the world champions, before being put to the test by aus last night in a terrible performance. would still consider them a serious threat.

4. chile - beat australia 3-1 but looked rather shaky, before knocking out the reigning world champions 2-0. fell asleep during this cos i was so tired after my 4 exams in 3 days so cant say much about the quality of their game.

5. brazil - went down to croatia in the first game with a poor performance and then drew to mexico thanks to ochoa's keeping. could be very dangerous if they find form and shouldnt be counted out just yet.

6. colombia - destroyed greece but otherwise i dont know that much about them. they have a high world ranking but that doesn mean much. will be put to the test tonight against the elephants.

7. belgium - went down to algeria but came back. cant say too much since i only watched parts of the game whilst studying but could get to the final with a good streak.

8. France - fucked up honduras and switzerland and have a great squad. Havent been tested by a good attack yet so could stilll be average.

spain

might include uruguay after tonight if they play well

Edit: replaced swiss with france

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

uwotm8

Half of the england team is livo, thus england > uruguay

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
true but then again like i said a lot of good teams/favourites have been shit which is why i think chile is in with a shot.
if you look at the favourites for the game, none of them have really shone. these are my top 8 so far.

1. argentina - have probably looked the best so far. only beat bosnia 2-1 with a weak-ish performance but that's nothing to really be ashamed of since bosnia is a really strong team (not i may be biased since im bosnian :p ). messi looked quite dangerous. could have a decent advantage over european teams in later rounds due to their proximity to brazil.

2. germany - destroyed portugal but we all know that wasnt a fair reflection of their ability. portugal was unorganised and sloppy at best. have a lot of pressure on them to do well. dont really have a conventional #9 anymore which could be a problem against better teams.

3. netherlands - shocked the world by fucking up the world champions, before being put to the test by aus last night in a terrible performance. would still consider them a serious threat.

4. chile - beat australia 3-1 but looked rather shaky, before knocking out the reigning world champions 2-0. fell asleep during this cos i was so tired after my 4 exams in 3 days so cant say much about the quality of their game.

5. brazil - went down to croatia in the first game with a poor performance and then drew to mexico thanks to ochoa's keeping. could be very dangerous if they find form and shouldnt be counted out just yet.

6. colombia - destroyed greece but otherwise i dont know that much about them. they have a high world ranking but that doesn mean much. will be put to the test tonight against the elephants.

7. belgium - went down to algeria but came back. cant say too much since i only watched parts of the game whilst studying but could get to the final with a good streak.

8. switzerland - beat ecuador who are a strong side and have a strong side but once again i dont know too much else about them besides their ranking. could face a challenge in bosnia in the round of 16 ( ;) ).

spain

might include uruguay after tonight if they play well
1. agree with you there, and it's alarming for argentina's opponents that messi is finally on song in the world cup

2. their backline also seemed to be troubled by pace at times, but i think this is really a more widespread thing in this cup which is showing a trend of greater pace and reliance on the counter attack

3. tbf i didn't think they performed "terribly" they just went against an australian outfit that did a lot better than they expected

4. chile were rly good against spain but spain was visibly very low on confidence throughout the game and were nowhere near their peak even in this game

5. yeah they have been pretty underwhelming thus far but i attribute that to a young team overcome by sheer pressure, i see them performing better in future matches, the question is will they pick up their performance in time before a team puts the sword to them

6. yeah tbh i have nfi how colombia will go haha haven't seen their match in this tournament against greece

7. if hazard is on song they can be a huge threat, the guy is a real beast, but they definitely didn't do too great against algeria

8. if they were to face bosnia i reckon bosnia would take them out

uruguay we just have to wait and see how they are with suarez, i would imagine they would be much much better and fancy their chances over england tbh (tbh i just dont like england lol)

Makematics

HSC
Colombia game was very good to watch, colombia with brilliant vision and passing, just need to improve technical skills

Makematics

HSC
absolutely HUGE game england vs uruguay, so glad i watched, GO SUAREZ YOU CLUTCH motherfucker!!!

iBibah

HSC
Are there any non-english people who like the English team? i cant stand them for some reason, was so happy Uruguay got up on them.

Also Uruguay legit have the best president in the world.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Didnt manage to wake up for italy v costa rica game. looked amazeballs.

some1 pls tell me how they came first in the group of death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)