2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QZP

HSC
You can catch up, no worries at all.

For 4U, my rank after my first assessment was in the bottom half of the cohort.

I used that as a learning experience and slowly crawled my way up to 1st by the time Trials were finished.

So not all hope is lost!
Sometimes it feels like everyone is so consistent though, and that the gap in marks/ranks will always be there :S

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sometimes it feels like everyone is so consistent though, and that the gap in marks/ranks will always be there :S
That's true, and I wasn't actually 1st until after Trials. Each test afterwards, you need to be a fair bit above average to start crawling up.

At my school, it was hard to crawl up because the internal assessments were too easy, so we had ~10 people every exam on 100%, and I kept getting ~98% (only got 100% for one of them).

Then, you need to kill the Trials.

iEatOysters

HSC
Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll redeem myself when the next round of assessments come around ^^

That's true, and I wasn't actually 1st until after Trials. Each test afterwards, you need to be a fair bit above average to start crawling up.

At my school, it was hard to crawl up because the internal assessments were too easy, so we had ~10 people every exam on 100%, and I kept getting ~98% (only got 100% for one of them).

Then, you need to kill the Trials.
Exactly this! Actually, I think our school realised this (there were like 2 tied firsts in Prelim MX1) and made the exam a lot longer and harder this time round.

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
It really is only the first exam :)

You can look at your result now and ponder a little over it. BUT don't stress out!
The HSC isn't even finished yet!

So you can't feel bad YET.

Just continue working harder.

As long as you try your best, you won't have any regrets, right? ;D

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
omg I did 8 hours of maths ext 1 study today
Someone invest the power of mathematical godliness in me for tomorrow's exam

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hahahaha jk
OMG
Couldn't get the last question and it was super easy
:( hopefully I got everything else right
It was only two marks though, so hopefully I can scab pity marks for trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEatOysters

HSC
Hahahaha jk
OMG
Couldn't get the last question and it was super easy
:( hopefully I got everything else right
It was only two marks though, so hopefully I can scab pity marks for trying

Dat feeling :( but they probs will give you pity marks if you attempt it so worry not!! Plus, it's the first assessment, so two marks shouldn't make much of a difference... But then your school is ultra competitive...
On a side note, all exams are over and life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :')

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Dat feeling :( but they probs will give you pity marks if you attempt it so worry not!! Plus, it's the first assessment, so two marks shouldn't make much of a difference... But then your school is ultra competitive...
On a side note, all exams are over and life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :')
oh well I feel ok knowing I didn't come out of the test crying. It could've been as bad as 4u lol

How good is life rn!!!!!! Seeing catching fire tomorrow woooot!!!

Ally2014

HSC
Anyone starting to get their first assessment task marks back? How did we all go? I was aiming for 100% in them but lost one mark in each. Haven't for English back yet and I'm not excited tbh..

iEatOysters

HSC
oh well I feel ok knowing I didn't come out of the test crying. It could've been as bad as 4u lol

How good is life rn!!!!!! Seeing catching fire tomorrow woooot!!!

Your school makes difficult exams though... But let's not think about such things because H O L I D A Y S *insert cheery christmas song*
omG!!!! Saw that yesterday!!!!! It's better than the first movie imo ; A ; BUT THE ENDING EURGHWFGEKWLEKWEFKEWNFNG

@Ally2014 Yeah, we're starting to get them back.... I think I screwed up all my t4 assessments :( i kinda crumbled under the pressure of it actually being the HSC and everything. The exams weren't difficult but I made a lot of silly mistakes that have inevitably cost me a lot of ranks. Hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself after such a rocky start :/

And congrats!! Getting close to 100% is still an incredible feat! :D

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
:O some assessments went better then anticipated, others worse but overall I guess okay

Ally2014

HSC
@ieatoysters thanks! I know how you feel, usually I'd just hand my task in be like meh hope it's ok now I have heart palpitations when I hand then in and get them back. I'm scared that I'll have done better in prelim without really trying than I will in hsc with effort.. What is t4 may I ask? X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)