• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreditor16

HSC
Nah my 4U trial was legit extremely easy. Like, I'm estimating that apart from some bottom outliers, the range will be like from mid 60s to 100, with the average mark being somewhere in the 70s...with at least 15-20 90+s.
Compared to a (relatively) proper test we had before, where the average mark in the year was something like 60%, and only about 10 people got 90+.

3U was good though, some moderately challenging questions that really made me think.
exactly the same happened with us at our school. :D

Constantine

HSC
Just out of curiousity... during your trials (or even now for the people who are doing it like I am) did you guys feel overwhelmed by it or confident instead? I feel like I can't learn everything in time for the exams, especially when it comes to Business and the case study. Some of my friends haven't even finished their study notes, I honestly can't imagine the amount of stress they are having right now. I've finished and I'm still stressing over the amount of content I can take in.

QZP

HSC
Just out of curiousity... during your trials (or even now for the people who are doing it like I am) did you guys feel overwhelmed by it or confident instead? I feel like I can't learn everything in time for the exams, especially when it comes to Business and the case study. Some of my friends haven't even finished their study notes, I honestly can't imagine the amount of stress they are having right now. I've finished and I'm still stressing over the amount of content I can take in.
Most people go through it. If anything, think of it as bad karma because you didn't stay consistently on top of your work throughout the year.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Depended on the subject..

iStudent

HSC
I felt overwhelmed. Pulled an all-nighter and got everything memorised though.
My trials are finally overrrrr.

gautam97

HSC
With my case study, i had a business in my mind (nike) and just kept writing bullshit about it which is completely fine, as long as you can relate it back to the syllabus and use it to further emphasise your points.
The content in business studies however, i actually had trouble remembering since its so content heavy :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not the end of the world if you haven't memorised a case study?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
With my case study, i had a business in my mind (nike) and just kept writing bullshit about it which is completely fine, as long as you can relate it back to the syllabus and use it to further emphasise your points.
The content in business studies however, i actually had trouble remembering since its so content heavy :(
You don't need to remember every single small detail

Just the main stuff

The key is to link the two

Constantine

HSC
It's not the end of the world if you haven't memorised a case study?
You don't need to remember every single small detail

Just the main stuff

The key is to link the two
That's what I ended up doing. I just memorised the main areas and skimmed through the statistics, only taking note of the key ones like profit.

QZP

HSC
Uh....... is the new MX1 format ridiculously easy? Just timed myself for 2013 HSC MX1 paper and finished with 1 hour remaining. Doesn't this mean a lot of people going to get 100% raw?

Stygian

HSC
Uh....... is the new MX1 format ridiculously easy? Just timed myself for 2013 HSC MX1 paper and finished with 1 hour remaining. Doesn't this mean a lot of people going to get 100% raw?
multiple people get 100% raw every year iirc

QZP

HSC
multiple people get 100% raw every year iirc
That's ridiculous lol... I thought they'd throw in some questions aimed to separate the top people (I know a lot of people who are better than me in this forum) but I pretty much breezed through that paper (first time I did an official HSC paper under time constraints to practise)

HSC
Roughly 10-15 people I've heard get full marks in MX1... And yeah, the papers are done much quicker. Multiple choice plus first 2 questions are easily done in little time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)