2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivck210

HSC
Got first senior science assignment -_- study notes due for Ancient History and CAFS lucky we have board of studies forums :) Thanks for the notes

grape

HSC
not too bad, the usual "this is year 12 and the paveway for your future, dont stuff it up" lecture

deloving

HSC
First assessment tasks in weeks 7 to 9. Nothing major so far though. History extension proposal due. Economics is an outside of class assessment, as well.

suika

HSC
Today I "officially" became a year 12 student as we had our HSC conference day (not sure if any of you guys do a similar thing?). They said that today would be a fun day... sitting in a hall for 2 hours and sitting in my roll call room for another hour and doing a 2km run at the end of the day.... yup that seems like fun!

We got "showbags", which was a bunch of important information about the HSC and information about alcohol.. which I don't get why.. (well there was a good amount of chocolate and lollies!) By the end of the day the chocolate in my "showbag" melted and went all over my assessment booklet and BOS booklet but not all over my less important things. Good one chocolate.

Overall I think it was a good day, now I fully understand how the ATAR works :D (dweeb over here who knew nothing/didn't care about her senior years until year 9). I just need to work hard and aim for that 85+ ATAR (or even 90 eeee).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suika

HSC
Oh also, did you guys get straight into year 12 or waited out a few weeks? :/ My timetable lines are changing from 7 lines to 6, they were still processing stuff and so our bell times are changing too, which is why as a school we are slightly behind on work.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Overall I think it was a good day, now I fully understand how the ATAR works :D (dweeb over here who knew nothing/didn't care about her senior years until year 9). I just need to work hard and aim for that 85+ ATAR (or even 90 eeee).
I still don't understand how ATAR works... and scaling

Verify

HSC
Oh also, did you guys get straight into year 12 or waited out a few weeks? :/ My timetable lines are changing from 7 lines to 6, they were still processing stuff and so our bell times are changing too, which is why as a school we are slightly behind on work.

Nope we also had to wait out a few weeks. I know some schools who went straight into Year 12 though.

suika

HSC
I still don't understand how ATAR works... and scaling
Ah the lady that came explained it very well to us u___u I'll try finding a video for you but I don't think there are many good videos out there that can explain it well D:

SuchSmallHands

HSC
AOS is like.....wow I simply do not care if you belong or not......just belong or something and be done with it.... (my dislike for Shakespeare also compounds this growing frustration :mad: )
I'm looking forward to mod A though (frankenstein/blade runner)
Dreading mod B (poetry.......f m l)
wow, cool. I'm doing the exact same texts as you for the modules. Any time you feel like giving me essays... ;)

Haruka

HSC
Hopefully dropping Music if I'm allowed... it's just getting on my nerves since my dream career is the least musical thing ever. We're forced to join ensembles at my school, and since learning an instrument was too hard, I was forced into choir and hate it. This will leave me with 8 units + the two units of Japanese Continuers I completed in year 10 due to being accelerated (but not a native speaker or even anywhere near that level, so was ineligible for Background Speakers). I want to repeat just the HSC course in Japanese but am worried it's too late...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Fiend v1.0.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
wow, cool. I'm doing the exact same texts as you for the modules. Any time you feel like giving me essays... ;)
Haha don't rely on me for essays!! I haven't written any for over a term! On the other hand if you wanna help me out...w0o0o ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

asdfghjklmz

HSC
I dropped ext 2 math after trying it for a few weeks, feel regret but oh wellsss

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
I dropped chemistry. I had a party to celebrate the death of equations.

Capo

HSC
Brace yourselves guys, the first HSC assessments are quickl approaching

Rivaille

HSC
Is it just me or are the weeks going by really quickly? :/

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Next thing you know, you guys will be doing hsc exams :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)