• Total voters

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yup, we pay so much more money than our mexican cousins (aka victoria) for electricity

So I think privatization of the grid will be helpful....

I wonder why government can't run the country like a private business, not with union stuff ups and stupid red tape

Were ranked 10th in terms of red tape, lol.....

http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/en/Thinking/the_top_10_countries_strangled_by_red_tape/

IIRC Victoria pays more for electricity.

Privatisation won't affect prices anyway. The revenue for the networks is predetermined by the AER in five year blocks.

HSC
Uni Grad
That said from what I've seen liberal party has done a relatively good job - so I'd expect liberal party to win this one.

mreditor16

HSC
A very interesting seat to keep watch of during election night will be the seat of Seven Hills (used to be known as Toongabbie). There are many factors at play, including but not limited to:

* redistribution of election boundaries, with some analysts suggesting this has helped the LNP in this electorate
* Nathan Rees not running this time
* strong grassroots support for the Labor candidate Susai Benjamin
* discussion in the community about the prospects of an Indian-orgin MP - which is significant because the percentage of subcontinental-origin citizens in this electorate is significantly higher than the average across the state

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
voting for the greens
Labor and the Greens make an outstanding opposition. Really.

That's why they should stay there. ;)

In all seriousness, many people, especially Sathius005, keep stating that the Liberal Party is a "puppet" of "big business" (nice language there...). I don't think they appreciate how funding is very necessary for a party's survival. And it's interesting how they forget that the Labor Party is far more of a "puppet" to the Australian Unions than the Libs are to "big business" (whatever "big businesses" are - I'm guessing you mean ASX200 companies or something. I don't know why you fear larger corporations either. Private enterprise provides the vast majority of employment in Australia and helps distribute resources that the government just simply could not do. Business is fundamental to the economy, whether it is small or large).

Mike Baird has demonstrated competency as the NSW Premier. Yeah he's probably made some mistakes (which are only mistakes because you perceive them to be mistakes - very few people actually try to make mistakes), but overall he has done in my view a very good job. I can't see any real reason why to vote for Labor when we have an excellent Liberal government now.

There's my two cents. :)

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The nsw lib government has done great , the economy is booming and infrastructure is being built within budgets

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

even Paul Keating thinks you should vote for the Liberal party in NSW

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

even Paul Keating thinks you should vote for the Liberal party in NSW
This is misleading statement and should be struck out as Paul Keating is a Labor man and every breath he takes will be as a Labor man. Not only that Mr Keating has endorsed Luke Foley (NSW Labor Leader) as the next Premier of NSW.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
The current state liberal government has done really well and actually has rather progressive social reform policies. Their domestic violence and sexual assault reform package is amazing, so is the medical marijuana legislation they're introducing.

mreditor16

HSC
Can I vote in a different district?
Yes you can.

"If you vote at a polling place outside your district, you vote as an ‘absent’ voter. The election official will fill out your details on an envelope that you must sign. Once you have completed your ballot papers, you return them to the election official who will place the ballot papers into the envelope and seal it and place in a seperate ballot box. These envelopes are returned unopened to the Returning Officer’s Office, where arrangements are made for them to be sent to the elector's enrolled District where they are checked, opened and the votes are counted."

http://www.elections.nsw.gov.au/voting

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
This is misleading statement and should be struck out as Paul Keating is a Labor man and every breath he takes will be as a Labor man. Not only that Mr Keating has endorsed Luke Foley (NSW Labor Leader) as the next Premier of NSW.
Where has Keating endorsed Luke Foley?

I don't think he has.

Mr Keating and the Premier attended the official naming of the Barangaroo Point headland park in Sydney, when the former prime minister was asked how he thought Mr Baird was doing in the top job.

"I think very well," Mr Keating said.

"I think exceptionally well... there's only one reward in public life and that's public progress and the test of the relevance of leaders is can they get the job done?

The state Labor opposition is against the sell off, but Mr Keating said he supported Mr Baird's position.

"I support the Premier's view about this," Mr Keating said.

"There are still some obscurantists in the Labor party... there's still some there."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-28/keating-full-of-praise-for-nsw-liberal-premier/5925960

Mark Latham also endorse Baird over Foley

http://www.smh.com.au/national/foley-is-wrong-man-for-nsw-says-mark-latham-20150105-12hxfy.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)